• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

I heard ZZ was signed to a contract.

How can anyone sign up for the Network now knowing their money is being used to foot the bill for his Burger King trips?

#FireZZ

Sephzilla

the real question here is who the pays for Cable in 2015, do you hate money so much that you feel the need to throw it away?

Sports is literally the only thing left on TV, and every league has legal and illegal paid alternative, cable needs to die already. Or at least upgrade their service and let us pick only the channels we want

There's a massive fucking asterisk here though. The NFL doesn't have a truly viable non-cable alternative. MLB.TV doesn't let you get your local team's games. Most of the big sports in the US are tied down to TV contracts for quite a long time. Even WWE doesn't have Raw or Smackdown on their alternative. Cable is going to limp on and survive for as long as possible, like TNA. And once cable television in its current form goes belly up you can sure as shit bet that ISPs are going to start cranking up the cost of internet.

jmdajr

*Cole starts clapping*
*Cena starts clapping*
LOOK MAGGLE, THE CROWD IS NEW DAYING HAHA I LOOOOVE IT MAGGLE

it's over guys, New Day is dead. They'll be back to Big Jobber, Royal Rumble Stuntman and "Who?" within a month

Need more celebrities clapping before it's dead.

RP912

Banned
the real question here is who the pays for Cable in 2015, do you hate money so much that you feel the need to throw it away?

Sports is literally the only thing left on TV, and every league has legal and illegal paid alternative, cable needs to die already. Or at least upgrade their service and let us pick only the channels we want

Most people are not aware of the alternatives. Hell my Granddad still watches Raw and Smackdown religiously, but probably will never get the WWE Network because..

A. It's requires technology that he will never touch

B. See A

The only way cable will die is to market the alternatives in a casual manner. Maybe something like a cable box, but with subscription options at the person's fingertips, instead of them relying on a computer to deal with billing. Bottom line, there are people all over the world that will never I mean NEVER...understand the purpose of cutting cord, because cable is all they know.

:( such a shame.

When even Lucha Underground is easier to access because it's shown on the Spanish language channels, you know that NJPW on AXS is niche as fuck.

This week is another bunch of mishmash, probably edited for time matches: TimeSplitters vs. reDRagon, Rysuke Taguchi vs. Taichi, Chase Owens vs. Liger, all from 11/18/14.

But September 25's show looks pretty good: Ishii vs. Goto for NEVER title, Tanahashi & Ibushi vs. Okada & Yoshi-Hashi, Nakamura vs. Shibata for IC title from 11/18/14.

Data has the right idea with his adventures into lucha libre.

Aiii

So not worth it
Play my level, friends!

12030321_1108449129184720_7366760836834944067_o.jpg

jmdajr

Most people are not aware of the alternatives. Hell my Granddad still watches Raw and Smackdown religiously, but probably will never get the WWE Network because..

B. See A

The only way cable will die is to market the alternatives in a casual manner. Maybe something like a cable box, but with subscription options at the person's fingertips, instead of them relying on a computer to deal with billing. Bottom line, there are people all over the world that will never I mean NEVER...understand the purpose of cutting cord, because cable is all they know.

No lies detected. TVs are hooked up by coax and look like poop. "But it's so thin!"

I dunno bruh, some people like watching TV. They like having a controller and scheduled times and guides and shit. Some people like to switch to FX and leave it on all weekend and get 48 hours of Charlie Sheen and movies. Alucard channels will be terrible. The prices for everything would get ridiculous. You'll end up paying more for 5-10 channels you really want than you do for those plus the other 80 included. You really trust companies like Comcast and ATT not to completely fuck you over with al a carte channels? Lol.

RP912

Banned
When even Lucha Underground is easier to access because it's shown on the Spanish language channels, you know that NJPW on AXS is niche as fuck.

This week is another bunch of mishmash, probably edited for time matches: TimeSplitters vs. reDRagon, Rysuke Taguchi vs. Taichi, Chase Owens vs. Liger, all from 11/18/14.

But September 25's show looks pretty good: Ishii vs. Goto for NEVER title, Tanahashi & Ibushi vs. Okada & Yoshi-Hashi, Nakamura vs. Shibata for IC title from 11/18/14.

The thing about NJPW on AXS being under the radar is the feeling of trying to figure out backstory which that show fails to do. Nobody don't understand the concept of booking and storytelling that NJPW does in their promotion. So it is understandable that it'll be considered niche as fuck. I remember I tried to get my wife to watch a NJPW show and she was like...

mr-bean-falling-asleep-roller-coaster-snooze-1383506342Y.gif

I have grown to except the harsh reality that puro is a niche market and casual watchers will look at the shit like "that's nice.....".

imBask

Banned
There's a massive fucking asterisk here though. The NFL doesn't have a truly viable non-cable alternative. MLB.TV doesn't let you get your local team's games. Most of the big sports in the US are tied down to TV contracts for quite a long time. Even WWE doesn't have Raw or Smackdown on their alternative. Cable is going to limp on and survive for as long as possible, like TNA. And once cable television in its current form goes belly up you can sure as shit bet that ISPs are going to start cranking up the cost of internet.

I know, blackouts are the other incredible problem... and yes I know ISPs will end up craking up the cost, but we're already getting fucked on that in Canada so at that point, whatever! I pay $65 for an unlimited 10/1.5 mbps connection, and that's a decent price.

B. See A

I work in web so I know all about outdated technology... I'm just rambling, I hate cable TV and blackouts, I love sports and I hate having to go through hoops and pay for illegal shit when i'd be okay with paying a fair price for what I want

RP912

Banned
I know, blackouts are the other incredible problem... and yes I know ISPs will end up craking up the cost, but we're already getting fucked on that in Canada so at that point, whatever! I pay $65 for an unlimited 10/1.5 mbps connection, and that's a decent price.

I work in web so I know all about outdated technology... I'm just rambling, I hate cable TV and blackouts, I love sports and I hate having to go through hoops and pay for illegal shit when i'd be okay with paying a fair price for what I want

Well of course. I remember my last days of having cable and it really was a miserable time. I mainly watch Sprout TV and The Food Network because both channels don't insult my intelligence. Once I decided to cut the cord and stick to alternatives like Netflix, NJPW World, Twitch, and Youtube...my spirit picked up. For serious news manners...I can always go on GAF for the skinny so I'm good.

JavyOO7

Bayley has done well since her Sept '14 match against Charlotte at Takeover, and the rematch with Charlotte a few weeks later which I thought was better than their Takeover match. Her character went from 'aww shucks, happy to be here' to 'I'm happy to be here but I also want to win'. She delivers nice rants when she's on television, she had good matches with Becky and Sasha, she put a bit more 'oomph' into her offense (and two nods to Sami Zayn... suplex to the corner and a diving baseball slide similar to how Sami does the spinning DDT)... she's good. And she's only going to get better. Now that she's champ she could evolve even more before she heads into the main roster and gets fucked over. In NXT, I can see her having nice rants off between her and Emma, Dana Brooke, Carmella, Alexa Bliss... the sky is the limit. Bayley and those four could practice FOREVER in the performance center until they get their psychology of the match down pat and give the fans a nice match at upcoming Takeover's.

Bayley/Eva Marie would be another $$$ match up. but unlike Dana Brooke, Eva Marie had some training and went straight to main roster and Total Divas. There's nothing wrong with that. But someone realized 'Damn, we invested a lot in her. What can we do?' And the 'can we do' is putting her back into NXT so she can get better. Which is good. Because NXT could always use more women. And Eva Marie can get better... she was an athlete in college. In 2-3 years she can be a valuable asset just like the other women.

My selfish desire is I'd want Bayley to stay in NXT forever and bring Charlotte, Becky, and Sasha and just have some great rants and feuds. But since that's not logical and not gonna happen anytime soon, I really hope Bayley can feud with Emma/Dana/Carmella/Alexa Bliss before leaving. Maybe even have a match with Leena (Nia Jax) before leaving. It would be fun to see Bayley's character get completely walloped in the ring and see if her character can turn the tides around against Nia.

Hex

Banned
Cesaro.
Cesaro could be the partner.
He really has no program right now, he is strong and has no match Sunday.

imBask

Banned
Cesaro has no program because he doesn't deserve one, god damn european ruining this show

did you see that pathetic Cesaro section last night? disgusting, these damn people can't even afford actual signs, they have to print it on 8x11 paper

the partner should be BIG SHOW, now that's a talent people can relate to

Shadow780

Don't do it, don't fall down that rabbit hole, you'll see her indy stuff and see how much NXT helped her looks and physique wise

Thankfully i have a lot of stuffs to dig through. Only started following NXT storyline since Takeover Brooklyn. I understand that she didnt came into The Boss rightaway at NXT.

There was a YT vid where she cut a storyline promo in the hotel room back when she was an indy i thought was really funny tho.

Also Mercedes is an awesome
ratchet
name i hope she go back to it someday.

Well of course. I remember my last days of having cable and it really was a miserable time. I mainly watch Sprout TV and The Food Network because both channels don't insult my intelligence. Once I decided to cut the cord and stick to alternatives like Netflix, NJPW World, Twitch, and Youtube...my spirit picked up. For serious news manners...I can always go on GAF for the skinny so I'm good.

God, I hope there is no one that gets their serious news from GAF.

Play my level, friends!

12030321_1108449129184720_7366760836834944067_o.jpg

After taking the wrong route every possible time and dying in some really stupid ways I finally made it to the end...only to think "I'm gonna use yoshi to bounce off the buzzsaw for no reason" and promptly lost enough momentum from doing so that I fell short of the exit by a cube.
WHY AIII? WHY YOU DO THIS TO ME?!

Still more fun than this weeks Raw though.

Kane's going to be the third partner
I appreciate you trying to hype me up for NoC but I just don't think such a thing is possible based on the current product.

kiguel182

Well, Raw was a bore nothing new there.

But I need to comment the fact that Ryback talking about the Secret is something that is supposed to make me cheer for him. The guy has one of the worst characters on the roster right now, and that's saying something. Owens is one the other side of that coin.

Anyway, crap Raw and I barely care about anything.

Kane has a super inconsistent body. Remember when Corporate Kane first appeared with his rippling abs? Barbed wire pants kane had a beer belly for years.

Sorry, you're about to job to Konnor of The Ascension in a squash match and work dark matches as enhancement talent for a while.

Bruh, Konnor and Viktor couldn't even get a win in the development tag team tournament, even though they're the established tag team and they ascended to the main roster. No one jobs to The Ascension. Blue Pants would squash them, if it came down to it.

Aiii

So not worth it
After taking the wrong route every possible time and dying in some really stupid ways I finally made it to the end...only to think "I'm gonna use yoshi to bounce off the buzzsaw for no reason" and promptly lost enough momentum from doing so that I fell short of the exit by a cube.
WHY AIII? WHY YOU DO THIS TO ME?!

Still more fun than this weeks Raw though.

Kudos for keeping Yoshi till the end, I can't manage that, too impatient

I'll take a look when I get home! You should check out a few of mine (here's a couple of codes but I have a bunch more uploaded)

Gonna do that now!

Top Bottom