• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

Zach

Alright WrestleGAF, my friend recently got into wrestling and we're going to watch a PPV/Matches on a Wednesday after work with a pizza and stuff.

So, I need all round great shows or matches please! His favourite wrestlers are Neville and Reigns. Odd combo.

How old we goin'? If you're elderly like me, check out this high-quality post:

Fave Five (through early '97, although it may not change)
The Great American Bash '89
SuperBrawl II
WrestleWar '92
Beach Blast '92
Bash at the Beach '96

Honorable Mention Non-PPVs

Clash of the Champions I
Clash of the Champions XX

How old we goin'? If you're elderly like me, check out this high-quality post:

We're 23/4, so I would say probably not that old. He's more happy to see modern day shows. But then again, wants to see Rock/HHH/Jericho/Foley, etc. I'd say '99 onwards!

Zach

We're 23/4, so I would say probably not that old. He's more happy to see modern day shows. But then again, wants to see Rock/HHH/Jericho/Foley, etc. I'd say '99 onwards!

You two disgust me.

Has he seen the NXT Takeover shows? They're consistently good. Or are you just looking for something old... but not too old?

No shit, I genuinely made him watch about an hour of it and he left and went home because I wouldn't turn it off.

1837%20-%20autoplay_gif%20fuck_you%20gif%20goldberg%20new_blood_rising%20vince_russo%20wcw.gif

Like that?

Zach

He's as bigger idiot as Russo but i'm not as bad as Greenberg!

Maybe you guys should watch some classic matches chronologically. Start with early nineties, then jump to mid-nineties, then late, and so on. Could be a fun little journey. As long as you start with a WarGames match, that is. Do it.

JavyOO7

Alright WrestleGAF, my friend recently got into wrestling and we're going to watch a PPV/Matches on a Wednesday after work with a pizza and stuff.

So, I need all round great shows or matches please! His favourite wrestlers are Neville and Reigns. Odd combo.

Neville
Tyson Kidd vs Neville at Takeover last year
Neville vs Gabriel 6/5
Kidd vs Neville 6/12
Neville vs Breeze 8/14
Neville vs Zayn vs Breeze vs Kidd on Takeover Fatal Four Way
Then watch Neville vs Sami Zayn on 11/13 NXT and then watch the PPV bout between the two

Neville does the same shit every match in NXT but I never mind. He's great in NXT.

Roman Reigns
Any of the Shield six man stuff. His singles run...
Roman vs Orton last year in Summerslam
Roman vs Bryan this year
Roman vs Lesnar this year

Kaiterra

Banned
There was a Roman vs. Bray Wyatt match on Raw in like June that I thought was pretty fun. I think that's the match I'm thinking of anyway.

somedevil

Still keeping Bryan busy so he doesn't start his straight answer on them on his future.

Plus I forget this name as a possible partner for Reigns and Ambrose.

Chris Jericho

A big pop from the fans in the arena but here probably lead to people hating it.

Lothar

Banned

Since Nevelle is his favorite wrestler, some RVD matches are an absolute must. Show him RVD vs Lynn from Living Dangerously 99 and Hardcore Heaven 99.

Show him the Attitude Era.
The most memorable and entertaining Raws from the period I can think of are:
April 13, 1998 - Stone Cold gets sick of Vince and challenges him to a match - This is the first Raw that beat Nitro in ratings in 83 weeks.
October 19, 1998 - Stone Cold holds Vince hostage. Makes him pee his pants in the middle of the ring at the end of the night.
January 4, 1999 - Mankind wins the world title
Auguet 9, 1999 - Debut of Jericho

No wrestling fan should be watching the current mediocre Raws if they haven't seen these.

Top Bottom