• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

jmdajr

MGS4 ain't perfecr but at least it tries to be it's own thing. The series always has really. Kojima thinking outside the box..no pun intended.

imBask

Banned
I played 5 hours of MGS V last night and it's incredible. Witcher 3 is straight up one of the best game i've ever played and MGS V might just compete with it for my GOTY, what a year

imBask

Banned
Sad to say but Metal fans. I love the genre but fans are shit. Our complaining can't compare.

Everytime I go to Blabbermouth.net and read the comments I feel shame.

BUT METAL IS LIKE CLASSICAL MUSIC LOLOLOL

Metalheads are usually fine but most of them are super elitists about subgenre and that's the most frustrating shit

jmdajr

ha ha ha

jmdajr, are you going to night of the champions? isn't that in H-Town as well?

Yes. I'm gonna go watch Stang.

I think I've been to every single WWE PPV here since moving to Houston.
Even the infamous..."hey, I thought Chris Benoit was supposed to be at this show what happene..."

Metal Gear's fanbase here got that pile of shit turds known as MGS4 voted GotY twice so I'm clearly not a fan of them.

Right you are Man God, right you are.

Also I'm like two days late to the "raw sucked" party but gosh darn that was a shitty show, I must've blitzed through the whole thing in 40 minutes and missed nothing of note.
And this makes two weeks in a row where I've been promised the return of God King Good Guy Glenn Jacobs only to get nothing.

jmdajr

BUT METAL IS LIKE CLASSICAL MUSIC LOLOLOL

Metalheads are usually fine but most of them are super elitists about subgenre and that's the most frustrating shit

It's frustrating. If I want to listen to Britney Spears AND Cannibal Corpse that's my business.

But hey that shit's GAY.

Xater

You are not discussing fans you are discussing fanboys. People that think everything someone or something does is great and the best thing ever. Any other opinion is clearly wrong. You are talking about an extreme that doesn't encapsulate an entire fanbase.

And yes, Metal elitist fanboys are the worst thing ever.

imBask

Banned
It's frustrating. If I want to listen to Britney Spears AND Cannibal Corpse that's my business.

But hey that shit's GAY.

I meant more within metal, like :

I love Black Metal, therefore I can NEVER, EVER, EVER enjoy any metalcore band

EVER

RP912

Banned
Does anybody truly know what the fuck is going on Metal Gear games? It's like a Russo storyline on acid.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I've been pretty up on RAW lately but yeah, it sucked bad. Dudley's were fine. The ending promos were okay. Dolph is the future of the company as he is now being saddled with John Cena's old romantic storylines.

Though I must say there is one long term feud that WWE has been building that will be phenomenal when they unleash it at Wrestlemania next year. Kevin Owens versus Micheal Cole.

jmdajr

I meant more within metal, like :

I love Black Metal, therefore I can NEVER, EVER, EVER enjoy any metalcore band

EVER

Oh sure. That's a big fucking problem. It's fucking stupid. We're all in the same boat.

Hell if you like anything with guitars now, you're a minority of a minority.

You guys should just hate everything, like me

hqdefault.jpg

jmdajr

I've been pretty up on RAW lately but yeah, it sucked bad. Dudley's were fine. The ending promos were okay. Dolph is the future of the company as he is now being saddled with John Cena's old romantic storylines.

Though I must say there is one long term feud that WWE has been building that will be phenomenal when they unleash it at Wrestlemania next year. Kevin Owens versus Micheal Cole.

I like Dolph. I actually find him pretty endearing on Swerved. I just don't know why his character can't translate to wrestling. It's not the worst ever but..I don't know.

imBask

Banned
If you split the series in two, you have the Big Boss saga and the Solid/Liquid Snake saga. The former is a more self contained and far easier to grasp what is going on. You can watch less than an hour of videos re: MGS3, Peace Walker, play GZ for an hour and be caught up.

Solid's stuff? oh man. My mind will never recover from watching a drunk monkey in underwear smoking at Meryl's wedding to a guy who has notoriously, and literally I might add, crapped his pants in 11 years' worth of games.

yeah Solid Snake's story isn't as good and it's incredibly confusing, Big Boss 4 lyfe

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
MGSV is fine. It's enjoyable to play, but the reasons it is good are not the reasons why I wanted to play it. It's just fine. Not sniffing GOTY by any means though.

Xater

MGSV is fine. It's enjoyable to play, but the reasons it is good are not the reasons why I wanted to play it. It's just fine. Not sniffing GOTY by any means though.

It's the best game they have ever made, but probably among the worst in the story departed. The story is just disjointed thanks to it mostly being delivered through tapes and barely any cutscenes.

I still love it though, but not exactly as a MGS game. It's just one of the best stealth games created in years. It could have been called something else and it would still be great.

Sephzilla

It's the best game they have ever made, but probably among the worst in the story departed. The story is just disjointed thanks to it mostly being delivered through tapes and barely any cutscenes.

I still love it though, but not exactly as a MGS game. It's just one of the best stealth games created in years. It could have been called something else and it would still be great.

So, is it possible that Kojima reacted too much to the criticisms of MGS4 and ended up going too far in the opposite direction? Or is the story so scarce because they couldn't afford to pay Keifer Sutherland more money?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I still can't figure out what's supposed to be wrong with Mad Max

Is this the year of people overblown complaining about vehicles(Arkham Knight) ?

Xater

So, is it possible that Kojima reacted too much to the criticisms of MGS4 and ended up going too far in the opposite direction? Or is the story so scarce because they couldn't afford to pay Keifer Sutherland more money?

Maybe? It feels more like what Peace Walker should have been. I mean PW at one point was actually called MGSV but they changed that. Structurally it's just very similar to that game except that it actually has an open world and way better mechanics.

I still can't figure out what's supposed to be wrong with Mad Max

Is this the year of people overblown complaining about vehicles(Arkham Knight) ?

Everything I have seen of that game makes it look like a very boring open world game. Same problem as most of these games have: tons to do but most of it is not actually fun.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Everything I have seen of that game makes it look like a very boring open world game. Same problem as most of these games have: tons to do but most of it is not actually fun.
shadow-of-mordor-2.jpg

Possibly the dullest open world game I've ever played. And I played all the OG True Crimes. Multiple 9s and GOTYs

KingBroly

Banned
People like good products and good products to have good endings. When you end a PPV or a TV show in a bad way, you're going to lose viewers.

Next week's Raw is going to go down in ratings so hard.

Raw64life

Infamous Second Son I found was a very fun open world game. I don't play too many though.

shadow-of-mordor-2.jpg

Possibly the dullest open world game I've ever played. And I played all the OG True Crimes. Multiple 9s and GOTYs

Enjoyed Second Son way more than Shadow of Mordor. Didn't even finish SoM. Did everything in the overworld and was more than ready for the game to end. I did what I thought was the last mission and then
SURPRISE! That was only half the game and there's a whole other overworld
. I just couldn't continue.

I'm really starting to think the Mod Bot account is getting used just so mods can dump condescending opinions on threads w/out accountability :/

What's scheduled for NXT tonight?

Wednesday Night Skirmish

NXT
The Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic begins with:

The Ascension vs. Baron Corbin & Rhyno
Chad Gable & Jason Jordan vs. Neville & Solomon Crowe
Apollo Crews vs. Martin Stone
Alexa Bliss vs. Blue Pants
Eva Marie vs. Billie Kay

ROH
ROH TV Title match: Jay Lethal (c) w/Truth Martini vs. Hanson
Jay Briscoe vs. Adam Page w/The Decade
Cedric Alexander w/Veda Scott vs. Caprice Coleman
Cheeseburger vs. "Brutal" Bob Evans

TNA
dumpster-fire-o-s.gif

Xater

shadow-of-mordor-2.jpg

I enjoyed that game a lot because it fixed what I hated about AC (mainly the combat and the stealth), the map is not overfilled with garbage and it had the nemesis system. The last thing is probably the most important. Today I read a review which even said had Mad max come out at a time with less strong competition it would have been looked at more favorably.

Of course it's dull if open world for you means there is a ton of shit on the map so you can satisfy your add.

As someone super lttp on resident evil remake

Holy fuck, this game is really good at being scary with sounds, lighting, and camera angles.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The problem with Mordodr is the map is not overfilled with anything. Not collectibles nor locations. Despite being a wasteland, Max has a surprisingly interesting way of showing off the setting especially with the storms.

Mordor was 'big green and brown place with sometimes wooden forts and shitty elven ruins'. The only notable building in the whole thing was the gate.

Xater

The problem with Mordodr is the map is not overfilled with anything. Not collectibles nor locations. Despite being a wasteland, Max has a surprisingly interesting way of showing off the setting especially with the storms.

Mordor was 'big green and brown place with sometimes wooden forts and shitty elven ruins'. The only notable building in the whole thing was the gate.

That didn't matter to me because the stealth was fun and I liked manipulating the nemesis system. That was way more important than how the open world looked. The Mad Max desert is the same kind of boring to me.

jmdajr

Not to derail but this news makes HHH(or any fan) sad.

MOTÖRHEAD's LEMMY Stops Austin Show After Three Songs: 'I Can't Do It'

MOTÖRHEAD was forced to cut its concert in Austin, Texas short last night (Tuesday, September 1) due to continued health issues experienced by the band's frontman, Lemmy Kilmister.

According to GlideMagazine.com, MOTÖRHEAD delivered only three songs — "Damage Case", "Stay Clean" and "We Are Motörhead" — before a "fatigued and winded" Lemmy announced the next track, "Metropolis", and then let out a sigh, telling the crowd, "I can't do it." He then left the stage at Emo's with the rest of his band and returned moments later and apologized to a disappointed but supportive audience. He said: "You are one of the best gigs in America, and I would love to play for you, but I can't… So please accept my apologies. Next time, all right?" The house lights and music then came on, before "concerned" and "slightly annoyed" fans began funneling out.

Sephzilla

The only thing in Mad Max that bugs me right now is Chumbucket. I find him annoying and would rather have the option to drive around without him.

Jesus Christ...

I thought it was good but I don't think it's one of those transcend the medium type games like some want to believe. It's a fun third person shooter with a story that's good but not that good.

People really like zombies

The zombies were one of the least threatening things in that game

Top Bottom