• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

Ithil

The issue with super ignore is using it to the fullest extent has two problems. First, the "block threads started by user" slows down the page from loading considerably. Second, the "block posts quoting posts from posters you ignore" can eviscerate some threads when posters quote multiple others posters, one of whom you have on ignore, but you'd like to read the rest of that original person's post.

But then not using it keeps those posts around if they're quoted and then it can somewhat defeat the purpose.

Better than nothing, though.

You can just refresh the page to fix that.

Fox318

Well, I mean, the schedule should be changed for everyone though.

With the women I don't even think they need a match every week right now.

They should take 2 weeks to build up a TV title match or something.

They are so focused on the brand that they don't hype up stars or even matches.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
11821324_1640079922943857_713285340_n.jpg

d9qNa.png

Did he shit on ROH?

Lots of people do that, that's not a fair thing to say. ROH re-killed #BigMike

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
How many Kevin Owens fans are unzipping right now?

Oh god you're right. That pic has everything.

Also to try to stay on topic a bit, I am not buying ROH for $34.95, pass. I know. But I'll pass. It's simply not worth the time and money together. I don't hate ROH, it's just VERY hard to spend money like that and spend time like that on a promotion I don't feel strongly for.

imBask

Banned
I'm only at episode 20 and will press no further. I asked my friend if my prediction for the twist was headed in the right direction and he said i was spot on. One only needed to follow the voice acting in the first few mins of the first cutscene

go with it, I knew the twist too but the way it is presented is alright, that's the "happy" part for me

the angry part is something else. You'll see.

$34.95 for ROH's PPV tonight, anyone biting at that price? The card;

. ROH World Title: Jay Lethal (c) vs Kyle O'Reilly
. ROH TV Title: Jay Lethal (c) vs Bobby Fish
. Number One Contender's Match: Adam Cole vs Roderick Strong vs #BIGMIKE vs AJ Styles
. ROH World Tag Titles: The Addiction (c) vs The Young Bucks
. Open Challenge: The Briscoe Brothers vs ???
. Best of 5 Series - Match #3: ACH vs Matt Sydal
. No DQ Match: Cedric Alexander vs Moose
. Dalton Castle vs Silas Young

Not bad on paper, the no.1 contender's match looks like fun, not sure how those main events will play out though. Interested to see who faces the Briscoes, but not interested in the tag title match. The Addiction really aren't doing anything for me, they're just bland. I'll be watching the CMLL deal anyways, but I can't see myself paying $35 for a replay unless it proves to be something very special.

no

hell no

There just isn't as much cross-over between New Japan fans and fans who attend ROH shows as you'd have expected, otherwise #BIGMIKE would've got a far better reaction based on his G1 performances. But part of the reason the Japanese crowd reacted so well to him was because they didn't know who he was - in ROH he carries a lot of baggage and telling ROH fans who don't watch New Japan that Elgin kicked ass in Japan and got huge reactions isn't suddenly going to change their opinions of him, they need to see it. And that's the problem: he didn't DO anything different in Japan, he was still Elgin. It was just a matter of presentation and the quality of his opponents. I'm not actually sure if Elgin's popularity as a face is salvageable in ROH, or if it'll ever again reach the levels it did in his initial build and run to the title, but am definitely looking forward to his eventual return to Japan.

Elgin is wrestling as #BIGMIKE?

Christ

No, not really. The western NJPW fans just dubbed him #BIGMIKE during the G1 and it kinda caught on.

Recall

So TNA has officially been dropped by Destination America.

TNA the company who's only claim to fame was being a WCW cosplay.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Am I the only one worried that if Sasha doesn't slow down she's gonna get seriously injured? She's clearly the future of the division, but I feel like she takes Daniel Bryan style risks with her body. I'm not sure who to blame for that German Suplex on Monday either.

Tacos is gone? It was Stro? Does this mean I can post my Mario Maker level without getting harassed?

You were harassed? Where? We shouldn't tolerate this at all - can you link to the post?

Menome

About that MGS V ending

I'm both happy and super pissed

Is that including looking at the 'buried' ending that was leaked to Youtube?

Not picked up MGSV yet, but for me MGS has been a story-important series and this entry looks like it's dropped the ball on that front,

jmdajr

Show was good. Disappointed it wasn't sold out but I say it was 75% full. The lighting wasn't the best though. Had a decent time though.

20150917_194318_zpspoxsp4oa.jpg

20150917_205828_zpstusuztf5.jpg

It's official? Wow. Too bad for all those wrestlers. What's next for TNA? Just a YouTube channel?

Dixie and DA both confirmed they will be off DA in January. Dixie specified that negotiations are ongoing, but she swore that with Spike too right up to the end. They've got 3 months to figure something out, same as when they were kicked off Spike. Doubt anybody will show this time, and again talent is given 3 months to look elsewhere or stick with the ship.

Aiii

So not worth it
I'm sure TNAMecca will set the record straight, TNA is fine guys, business is booming, this is all for the best. DA was a mistake anyways, nothing but trash.

Cagey

Banned
Anyone else down on NXT lately? Maybe down isn't the right word. Less interested? Still watching but it's become Just Another Show as opposed to looking forward to the hour each week?

I've been taking longer and longer to get around to watching a week's episode, and of that episode, watching less of it. I don't know why though.

imBask

Banned
Is that including looking at the 'buried' ending that was leaked to Youtube?

Not picked up MGSV yet, but for me MGS has been a story-important series and this entry looks like it's dropped the ball on that front,

There was a problem with Konami, i'm 99.9% sure of it, we might never know what actually happened

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
His championship run has been terrible and that really isn't his fault. Creative sucks and the roster is lacking. Hopefully he can come to NXT next year.

NXT Again...

B ut I would say he's definitely improved a LOT away from WWE

Ithil

Anyone else down on NXT lately? Maybe down isn't the right word. Less interested? Still watching but it's become Just Another Show as opposed to looking forward to the hour each week?

I've been taking longer and longer to get around to watching a week's episode, and of that episode, watching less of it. I don't know why though.

Not at all, I'm enjoying the tag team tournament.

In the absence of Zayn, there's a definite slide in interest.

klonere

Banned

It's definitely not the Indie Supershow that it was pre Zayn/Itami injuries. They also seemed to be blindsided by Owens rocket fuel ascent (great how that's turned out...). Balor isn't a compelling champ cos his character sucks and needs to do something different. There also seems to be a lot of recap packages, so they are clearly having problems filling out the shows. Still I find one or two things a week are great (like this weeks Sasha/Bayley segment) and I enjoy nearly every person on TV right now (Mojo being the exception).

Most of all I trust NXT to tell a good story and not make me wonder how they are going to fuck things up week on week, even if every show isn't a blow away.

the main title picture is kind of a snooze right now, isn't it?

Bayley-Sasha is a great feud but the mutual respect angle doesn't really generate must-see tv.

RP912

Banned
His championship run has been terrible and that really isn't his fault. Creative sucks and the roster is lacking. Hopefully he can come to NXT next year.

He's working indies as the champ, just hilarious.

It is really a shame because it feels like dude progressed for nothing. He was suppose to be the one dammit. This is one of the reasons why I despise TNA and don't feel anything once they go out of business. They are an alternative to WWE who relies on the relic of WCW, but want to be different like ROH, yet did the same dumb mistakes like WCW in order to compete with WWE. They had a momentum and a following. How in the hell do you alienate your own fans by doing the complete opposite of what got you those fans in the first place. They made gold around 2006/7 with picking up Angle and some of the WWE roster...and what they do? Fuck it up.

They had home grown talent, yet they kept giving the belts to has be...I mean veterans expecting to bring in ratings. Now they want to rely on the home grown talent and indy talent, but it's too late. My god....GOD!!

I need to take up business classes...seriously.

How are they handling it anyways.

And by handling I mean being in denial.

Ignoring her confirming the cancellation, ignoring DA extending the deal 3 months just like Spike did so they don't feel so bad kicking them out on their ass, and focusing on shouting SHAVE SELTZER WAS TECHNICALLY WRONG into the wind

Alucard

Banned

NXT's excitement level lives and dies with its current roster; it's not sustainable as its own brand just due to how promoting talent from NXT to the WWE works.

But hey, Triple H had us there for a while. Follow the money.

#GetExcited

Alucard

Banned
How are they handling it anyways.

And by handling I mean being in denial.

Angela M Campany • an hour ago
The doom n gloom commences with the house last night only having 500 fans in York.PA .....but people do realize TNA charges more at the gate then ROH does so it basically figures ought to be around the same total take even if ROH has bigger attendance figures in venues such as this!

Fox318

Nope!

If I was ring side maybe.

I did see lots of little girl there dressed as Bailey. It was kind of cool. As annoying as it might be to the hardcore, the girls do need their own John Cena.

I would say that Bailey is really more of a Surfer Sting than a Cena.

Cena's issue is that he got over using one gimmick than dumped it to kinda be a blob to fit in to what ever act would sell the most shirts.

Sting for the most part stayed as the super babyface until the nWo stuff.

I'm sure that there will be a time where Bailey will innovate her character much like Bret did with being the Canadian Heel or Sting with Crow sting.

Difference with Cena is you can't really say he evolved or he stayed consistent. He just kinda went out there and was the archetype of the unbeatable gladiator that doesn't work on TV every week.

Cagey

Banned
It's definitely not the Indie Supershow that it was pre Zayn/Itami injuries. They also seemed to be blindsided by Owens rocket fuel ascent (great how that's turned out...). Balor isn't a compelling champ cos his character sucks and needs to do something different. There also seems to be a lot of recap packages, so they are clearly having problems filling out the shows. Still I find one or two things a week are great (like this weeks Sasha/Bayley segment) and I enjoy nearly every person on TV right now (Mojo being the exception).

Most of all I trust NXT to tell a good story and not make me wonder how they are going to fuck things up week on week, even if every show isn't a blow away.

¡HarlequinPanic!;179243095 said:
the main title picture is kind of a snooze right now, isn't it?

Bayley-Sasha is a great feud but the mutual respect angle doesn't really generate must-see tv.

Now that I think more, the bolded parts are my biggest issue. The main event has felt dead since around the time Finn's coronation became inevitable -- not that I have a problem with him, but more the inevitability removed drama -- and hasn't moved on since. And the show feels like it's struggling to get an hour's worth of non-recycled content.

I still watch every week and enjoy most of the show, fast forwarding through some recaps and the occasional match, but the excitement has died down a bit.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
New Day getting crossover appeal on FB - over 5 million viewed this
3Y6reQX.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
m...maybe I want to play your level? I'm not being nice though! Baka!

I am taking this opportunity to shamelessly plug my latest level (again):

This is my new level, called Patience Zero. As the name suggests, rushing through this level with the run-button is not advisable. The level itself is not too hard, but hopefully not to easy to clear in just one attempt. Hope you guys check it out, though:

ID: EC09-0000-0043-6053

11987104_1109121972450769_1157795996563605753_n.jpg

#CarnyBusiness.

Striker

They had home grown talent, yet they kept giving the belts to has be...I mean veterans expecting to bring in ratings. Now they want to rely on the home grown talent and indy talent, but it's too late. My god....GOD!!

I need to take up business classes...seriously.
Stuff like this is why WWE made no new stars from '06 onward. They repeatedly put the titles on Cena, Triple H, Undertaker, Edge, Orton and Batista between Raw and Smackdown.

Now getting 2000 WCW ratings because they killed that interest.

Top Bottom