• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

Man God

Non-Canon Member
In kayfabe why doesn't HHH have a statue but Seth Rollin did ?

He asked for one if he could beat the UNITED STATES CHAMPION, John Cena and become the first ever World Heavyweight Champion and UNITED STATES CHAMPION. He beat him and got the statue.

I know there are a ton of haters around but I love the whole statue gimmick.

Fox318

And they put the Macho statue right by Stephanie's office as a rib.

0l5gLXL.jpg

Sephzilla

I was careful to only say "a bit of a dumbass" because I don't think he has bad intentions, just that his argument is flawed and mostly the timing.

I think he could have worded it better, but the general point I felt he was trying to convey was right. And you're right, I don't think he had any bad intentions with it.

I think he could have worded it better, but the general point I felt he was trying to convey was right. And you're right, I don't think he had any bad intentions with it.

It's the same as people in Austin who claim that not all of Texas is a fucking wasteland because Austin exists.

Entropia

No One Remembers
most big men are more versatile than yokozuna, let's be fair.

also, big show was super agile for a man his size back in WCW.

I think the scale goes like (from slowest, most oft repeated spots to quickest/more dynamic movesets):

yokozuna
tenta
big show
VADERRRRR

YOU FORGOT KEVIN OWENS LOL AMIRITE CUZ HES KINDA FAT

Alucard

Banned
RoboJesus[/QUOTE]

So, I just found out that the intention of RoboCop was to depict him as a resurrected Christ figure who dispenses justice the hard way instead of through compassion and forgiveness. Robocop is a weird Christian allegory, and the shot of him walking on water was apparently done on purpose to further this connection.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/csppLLA.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The dude who trained with Jumbo has a less dynamic moveset?
uhuhwnat7.gif

the fuck is going on in this thread. not to mention Yoko's first year he was one of the best if not the fastest big men in the world.

Sephzilla

So, I just found out that the intention of RoboCop was to depict him as a resurrected Christ figure who dispenses justice the hard way instead of through compassion and forgiveness. Robocop is a weird Christian allegory, and the shot of him walking on water was apparently done on purpose to further this connection.

csppLLA.jpg

IIRC Paul Verhoeven actually said the walking on water thing was coincidental, but the other Christ allegories in the movie are intentional. But yeah, there's definitely some Jesus parallels in there. RoboCopism is a religion I can get behind.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The dude who trained with Jumbo has a less dynamic moveset?
uhuhwnat7.gif

the fuck is going on in this thread. not to mention Yoko's first year he was one of the best if not the fastest big men in the world.

Those sad shoot kicks. What a dogshit match. Tenta da gawd of not giving fucks.

csppLLA.jpg

The whole thing about Murphy recapturing his identity and the concerns about the proclamation that Jesus was the Son of God and the Son of Man while temporal authorities rejected those claims line up too.

Verhoeven himself claimed that it was a Christ allegory as well.

Meanwhile:
tumblr_nnkpuhxsoR1qzdxhvo1_500.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
When Nash hit the Ganso Bomb. That was a great one as well.

Here's what happens when you hit the move on someone who isn't a fat lazy untalented sack of shit by the way
nashjackknifeanimated.gif

bjork

The real Undertaker had already died at Royal Rumble 1994. Post-RR1994, the best UT moment is "WHERE TO, STEPHANIE? AH HA HA HA"

imBask

Banned
Owens will be on the radio in Montreal in half an hour

I wonder if they have a special chair in studio for him to support all that weight amirite

Fox318

This is the problem with Big Show.

All people remember from him is people picking him up. He might as well be a dead weight.

I mean outside of him having a big hand for cops and the one time Benoit made him look like a monster everything memorable about him is that he was a big weight.

AeUl4w4.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Diesel was lame as fuck by the time he left though. He pretty much needed to go to WCW.

When he feuded with Undertaker was when he was a super dick and fucked over Bret and Undertaker and destroyed Undertaker's casket with a fire axe. There is nothing lame about that. He turned back heel/tweener during the Undertaker/Bret feud.

RP912

Banned
I'm watching Muta opening some trading cards. How come WWE can't bring back trading cards or play the F2P game for 60 minutes?

bjork

Diesel was lame as fuck by the time he left though. He pretty much needed to go to WCW.

Come on son. Diesel's worst times were when he was the champ, and even then it was only when he was matched with someone shitty.

I'm watching Muta opening some trading cards. How come WWE can't bring back trading cards or play the F2P game for 60 minutes?

No one wants to see a video of people pulling the 8000000 Nikki Bella cards in Supercard. Or picking in hopes of a good card and getting a rare Tyson Kidd.

Sephzilla

When he feuded with Undertaker was when he was a super dick and fucked over Bret and Undertaker and destroyed Undertaker's casket with a fire axe. There is nothing lame about that. He turned back heel/tweener during the Undertaker/Bret feud.

Actually, yeah, you're right. Diesel then was more interesting than WWE Champ Diesel. Still, going to WCW was way better for him. It's more that lame ass champ Diesel is basically burnt into my brain since that was during my younger years.

Anth0ny

i've never watched a full wcw show in my life

i think i'm going to marathon from the first nitro to starrcade 97. does the network have all that shit? all this talk of sting has made me want to check out the whole year long build between him and nwo.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Actually, yeah, you're right. Diesel then was more interesting than WWE Champ Diesel. Still, going to WCW was way better for him.

Oh for sure, Diesel was basically Kevin Nash by that point. It was definitely the most seamless transition from WWF to WCW. Like it wouldn't have worked with shitty face Roman Reigns type face promos when he was the champion

The Undertaker of New Generation was such a boring clod in and out of the ring just because of how they wanted his character(or lack of) working.
i've never watched a full wcw show in my life

i think i'm going to marathon from the first nitro to starrcade 97. does the network have all that shit? all this talk of sting has made me want to check out the whole year long build between him and nwo.
Well part of the whole appeal of the Sting storyline is that it's a year long storyline. You would want to start with when he 'leaves' the company at the very least. And even then, you miss out on why Sting is so important to WCW.

6S2eFNN.gif

the powerbomb that killed the business

Just like the finger poke of doom, I'll never understand the complaints about this. If you want to talk long-term ramifications because of a lack of an interesting follow-through storyline then sure. But the act itself? Who else was going to beat Goldberg? Hogan? The only other option I could think of is Steiner and Steiner wasn't ready for it then.

RP912

Banned
No one wants to see a video of people pulling the 8000000 Nikki Bella cards in Supercard. Or picking in hopes of a good card and getting a rare Tyson Kidd.

Dude...that's money being printed with that bold statement. Imagine Kevin Owens and Ziggler spending a hour trying to get that rare HBK card. The show sells itself.

miserable

speaking of Nashdaddy:

Ric Flair noted on the latest installment of his WOOOOOO! Nation podcast that prior to WCW closing down, Kevin Nash and Hulk Hogan struck a deal with the company that allowed the two to collect 50% of sales of any nWo merchandise, and that same deal carried over to WWE.

Flair would go on to mention that after Hulk Hogan's racial comments surfaced online, WWE decided to pull all nWo related merchandise off shelves and WWEShop.com. Once the word got out, Nash went crazy because he owned 35% of sales (Hall owned a percentage but Nash bought out his share).

Nash apparently then flew up to Stamford and an agreement was put in place to put the nWo merchandise back in stock.

Top Bottom