• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

bjork

Is that Woody Harrelson? He was a cooler bald guy in NBK than Goldberg ever was ever. Mickey Knox v Cena, WM32. Let's do this.

miserable

Bushiroad bought shares of NOAH. Bushiroad also owns NJPW so they sent Jado to help book it because insane people think NJPW has great booking and not just a lot of amazing main eventers.

Because they don't have any money and Marufuji isn't the star they wanted and KENTA/Itami leaving left them in a really bad spot. Their strongest division is their juniors division which has gotten booked far worse when Jado arrived. I enjoyed watching the promotion before the Suzuki-gun invasion happened which is a retread of the Bullet Club invasion which Jado & Gedo suck at booking(Dragon Gate does a much better example of faction warfare if you want an example). The only things I've looked forward to is individual matches rather than full cards and most of them haven't gotten the time they deserve(Harada vs Suzuki) where as Iizuka, the worst wrestler in all of Japan and the guy who got carried by Yano of all people, has gotten several lengthy appearances and major weekly feuds.

Basically NOAH's glory days have been long gone and they don't have much of a roster outside of their juniors who are getting the shaft while Taichi, the worst NJPW junior, has the jr title.

i see, sounds like a messy situation
thanks for the explanation

Don't know if there is anyone who cares but the new Wrestlemania 31 Seth Rollins Elite is up on Toys R Us for pre-order

http://m.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=71598926&cp=&parentPage=search

6LGGD6r.jpg

bjork

I'm guessing I've been fed the WWE sugar-coated version of history in regards to Ultimate Warrior.

They're only doing that because they can cash in on it.

Seeing wwe.com things of "HHH recalls memories of his friend Warrior" are laughable after they put out a DVD in 2004 smearing the dude and basically shitting on him for an hour or so.

I think there is something you can admire in the way Warrior had this very focused vision on how people should be and he seemed to always stick to it, but that vision was pretty warped and messed up. He did try to make amends at the end there, or it seems so based on what people said who talked to him at his HoF ceremony. Doesn't erase things he said or wrote in his blogs, etc.

Don't know if there is anyone who cares but the new Wrestlemania 31 Seth Rollins Elite is up on Toys R Us for pre-order

http://m.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=71598926&cp=&parentPage=search

6LGGD6r.jpg

No statue no sale

bjork

that statue belongs to the sting action figure

But then I would have to buy a Sting figure.

If you guys go look at toy sections at your local stores, have you noticed this, because I notice it with a pretty high frequency: there will be WWE figures that are taped back up to keep the figure in, but the figure is wrong. So someone bought a toy, swapped it for a different one they didn't want, and returned it. I've seen some that are just like Mark Henry in a Big E package or whatever, but then I saw a Mattel Kane package, for the one where he had the handcuffs and chains, but the figure inside was a Jakks Nation of Domination... I think D-Lo? It's a weird thing but it's so common here.

I have to stop watching Twin Peaks before work. It puts me in a mood.

Go to work with that Bob spirit, Data.

But then I would have to buy a Sting figure.

If you guys go look at toy sections at your local stores, have you noticed this, because I notice it with a pretty high frequency: there will be WWE figures that are taped back up to keep the figure in, but the figure is wrong. So someone bought a toy, swapped it for a different one they didn't want, and returned it. I've seen some that are just like Mark Henry in a Big E package or whatever, but then I saw a Mattel Kane package, for the one where he had the handcuffs and chains, but the figure inside was a Jakks Nation of Domination... I think D-Lo? It's a weird thing but it's so common here.
You need to start taking pics of that shit because that's hilarious

tm24

So yeah, if you feel like spending 12 bucks to watch a historic match, feel free to watch the Anniversary show. Sombra v Atlantis should live up to the hype. Unfortunately the show doesnt have a good secondary match like the last 3 years, but man, that last match will be insane. Everything else on the show will be just ok at best except maybe the Dark Angel vs Sugehit match

from this article

Kevin Owens said:
It definitely helped me working with Cena and anybody who thinks the opposite is delusional. When you worked with him on Raw and on PPV, how this can be bad? Whatever people said about me losing two matches out of three, at the end of the year, fans will remember the quality of the matches and how great these matches were way more than who won and who lost.

That indie mentality... Performing for a meltzer rating rather than character or story. Outrageous.

jmdajr

I'm guessing I've been fed the WWE sugar-coated version of history in regards to Ultimate Warrior.

The first DVD I own says otherwise. No doubt, it was a downer for me.

They had other "smear" DVDs planned. Bret Hart, Macho Man. But I guess they didn't go through with it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So yeah, if you feel like spending 12 bucks to watch a historic match, feel free to watch the Anniversary show. Sombra v Atlantis should live up to the hype. Unfortunately the show doesnt have a good secondary match like the last 3 years, but man, that last match will be insane. Everything else on the show will be just ok at best except maybe the Dark Angel vs Sugehit match

Important note for this:

There is no VOD
tumblr_m2gg2whbyh1r9dy0so1_250.gif

AHAHAHAHAHA
https://wwe.2k.com/news/an-announcement-about-divas-and-wwe-2k16

"With our final roster reveal this past Monday, it was awesome seeing the excitement for The New Day, Enzo and Cass, Mikey Whipwreck, and more. But it was clear that some in the community are frustrated by the lack of the newer Divas added to the main WWE roster recently.

We pushed as hard as we could to include Sasha Banks, Charlotte, Becky Lynch, and Bayley in WWE 2k16, but it simply did not work out for various reasons. While we are not divulging full details on WWE 2K16's post-launch plans just yet, we can confirm that the Four Horsewomen will not be available as DLC.

We are proud to have and built the largest WWE roster to date featuring the most Divas ever. The WWE 2K16 disc includes all of the Divas on the main roster at the time we locked it in (13 playable in total).

We all agree the Divas Revolution is great for business and look forward to celebrating the Divas even more in future WWE 2K titles."

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, really? No new NXT divas? Fuck. That's pretty terrible.

AHAHAHAHAHA
https://wwe.2k.com/news/an-announcement-about-divas-and-wwe-2k16

"With our final roster reveal this past Monday, it was awesome seeing the excitement for The New Day, Enzo and Cass, Mikey Whipwreck, and more. But it was clear that some in the community are frustrated by the lack of the newer Divas added to the main WWE roster recently.

We pushed as hard as we could to include Sasha Banks, Charlotte, Becky Lynch, and Bayley in WWE 2k16, but it simply did not work out for various reasons. While we are not divulging full details on WWE 2K16's post-launch plans just yet, we can confirm that the Four Horsewomen will not be available as DLC.

We are proud to have and built the largest WWE roster to date featuring the most Divas ever. The WWE 2K16 disc includes all of the Divas on the main roster at the time we locked it in (13 playable in total).

We all agree the Divas Revolution is great for business and look forward to celebrating the Divas even more in future WWE 2K titles."

Mountain out of a molehill. It really barely matters, we have Nikki and she's the greatest womens wrestler ever.

Alright WrestleGAF who's clever enough to understand this.

Why do people moan at WWE for having matches and commentary that "Sells to kids"? Kids are their main demographic, of course they're trying to set Cena up to overcome the odds. HE IS THE DAMN FACE.

Why do people moan at WWE for having matches and commentary that "Sells to kids"? Kids are their main demographic, of course they're trying to set Cena up to overcome the odds. HE IS THE DAMN FACE.

Apparently the majority of their audience is actually 18-35.

imBask

Banned

because it's not

The average viewer (for the three shows) is 41.4 years old. The report indicates that viewership is getting older instead of younger.

* Audience viewership is 63% male. Total Divas skews number down a bit because it would be closer to 68% for just Raw and Smackdown.

* The viewership for three shows is less than 19% under the age of 17. 22% of the viewership is between 18 and 34, and 22% between 35 and 49. 37% is over the age of 50.

Sephzilla

Bayley, Charlotte, and Sasha not being in WWE 2k16 makes zero sense. They've been mainstays of NXT for a couple of years now and have all been pretty over for a while. It makes extra little sense when you also factor in that Owens and Balor made the cut and neither of them have been in the company as long.

Top Bottom