• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

Fox318

So far for vince and dunn, the divas revolution is just paige vs sasha every week, every show, and soon, every ppv.
The line fed to Cole this week was "The Divas revlotion really started with Nikki Bella"

The angle is dead and the division will be dead soon.

JavyOO7

meng and mang, be prepared to hear that alot. It keeps going even when he drops the rest of the accent in WCW.

I completely forgot the last segment of that show... Crush ranting with Doink and Crush just saying 'BRAH!' every 5 seconds. It was adorable.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I completely forgot the last segment of that show... Crush ranting with Doink and Crush just saying 'BRAH!' every 5 seconds. It was adorable.

As soon as Rob Bartlett leaves I pretty much enjoy RAW from 1993-1996. One hour RAW with squash matches, superstars matches building angles, really weird characters, it's great.

Colocho

Banned
As far as B level PPVs go, I think Night of Champions has a pretty solid card. I feel every title match could go either way and that a good thing, there's still Reigns/Ambrose partner reveal (even if it turns out to be shit, I always love a good surprise factor). The only meh match for me is Rusev vs Ziggler, but at least we can hope that it will end that shitty feud and have them do more interesting things later on.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Amidst all his 'lol fuck CMLL' retweets, Park retweeted the promo for Rush vs Volador.

Skeleton friend keeping it cool with the talented members of CMLL. Shocker and Thunder will continue to be put on blast.

J3vTS3g.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm about ready to resub to the Network again to watch that 97 stuff they added, but I'll immediately fall into that trap of, 'I do not want to watch full 2 hours of any kind of wrestling in a week, much less a day.' It's why I usually pick at my matches over the course of a week rather than all at once.

It's why I liked Lucha Underground so much. It was 1 hour long and it never wasted ANY of that time.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm about ready to resub to the Network again to watch that 97 stuff they added, but I'll immediately fall into that trap of, 'I do not want to watch full 2 hours of any kind of wrestling in a week, much less a day.' It's why I usually pick at my matches over the course of a week rather than all at once.

It's why I liked Lucha Underground so much. It was 1 hour long and it never wasted ANY of that time.

Mediocre one hour wrasslin>good 2 hour wrasslin, though great wrasslin can be 2 or 3 hours.

RBH

yQRZ4zC.jpg

20140824_LIGHT_NOC_Match_HOMEPAGE_RollinsSting.jpg

Seth Rollins (c) vs. Sting for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship

20140831_LIGHT_NOC_Match_HOMEPAGE_RollinsCena.jpg

Seth Rollins (c) vs. John Cena for the United States Championship

20140831_LIGHT_NOC_Match_HOMEPAGE_RybackOwens.jpg

Ryback (c) vs. Kevin Owens for the Intercontinental Championship

20150910_LIGHT_NOC_Match_NewDayDudleys_HP.jpg

The New Day (c) vs. The Dudley Boyz for the WWE Tag-Team Championships

20150831_LIGHT_NOC_Match_HOMEPAGE_nikkicharlotte.jpg

Nikki Bella (c) vs. Charlotte for the Divas Championship

20150914_LIGHT_NOC_Match_HOMEPAGE_AmbroseRomanWyatts.jpg

Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns, and a mystery partner vs. The Wyatt Family

20150709_LIGHT_NOC_Match_HOMEPAGE_rusevdolph.jpg

Dolph Ziggler vs. Rusev

20150915_LIGHT_NOC_Match_kickoff_HP.jpg

Pre-Show match: Neville and The Lucha Dragons vs. The Cosmic Wasteland

bjork

I played AJPW featuring Virtua on the Saturn the other day, and Johnny Ace is in it. I kicked him in the back of the head like 30x, it was pretty fun.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Mediocre one hour wrasslin>good 2 hour wrasslin, though great wrasslin can be 2 or 3 hours.

There's some level of 'comfort food' to the early and late Nitros that I can sort of enjoy it like as background music that I look at out of the corner of my eye. Partially nostalgia but partially for all the wasted money of it. You'd think I'd hate it for what it 'did' to my favorite wrestling company, but I still like it a lot. It's definitely a comfort of familiar voices and faces though I never felt that comfort when some of those show up in TNA because it always felt cheap.

It's also partially why I watch ECW shows and go, 'This is garbage. This is really fucking bad. This sucks.'

Man God

Non-Canon Member
That's why Superstars and Saturday Night are the true hidden gems yet to be added to the Network. Ultimate comfort food.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I hope New Day wins tomorrow.

Please Vince

I doubt it, but I wouldn't be surprised if the New Day and the Dudleyz were still feuding by the time Royal Rumble comes around, or even to WrestleMania if they stick a break in there. The only 2 tag teams that get a reaction are 1) a face team of old people 2) a heel team of new people. Its like modern-WWE magic.

When will the Night of Champions thread go up?

Why would there be a Night of Champions thread

its just a random tier 2 PPV

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Seth Rollins (c) vs. Sting for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship - Even with WWE's love of old people I can't see them going through with this. If Sheamus cashes, Orton will fuck with him so he fails so they can set up even more sheamus/orton matches and by gawd you will love them

Seth Rollins (c) vs. John Cena for the United States Championship - Rollins can't keep both, and its Cena, he needs his win back.

Ryback (c) vs. Kevin Owens for the Intercontinental Championship - The only reason I care about this match is Owens is in it, so I'll pick him even if I don't have a reason why I think so

The New Day (c) vs. The Dudley Boyz for the WWE Tag-Team Championships - they definitely want to set this up to never end

Nikki Bella (c) vs. Charlotte for the Divas Championship - Charlotte losing would be the ultimate in "fuck you" to the audience and even WWE probably has had enough of this

Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns, and a mystery partner vs. The Wyatt Family - They probably want to set up a rubber match. If the mystery partner is Daniel Bryan, I'll change my vote, but otherwise I'm assuming its Kane who is there to eat the pin

Dolph Ziggler vs. Rusev = They obviously want this dumb fucking feud to continue forever

Pre-Show match: Neville and The Lucha Dragons vs. The Cosmic Wasteland = Picking the Ascension to win at a PPV seems like a bad pick but what's the point of the Cosmic whatever otherwise

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I doubt it, but I wouldn't be surprised if the New Day and the Dudleyz were still feuding by the time Royal Rumble comes around, or even to WrestleMania if they stick a break in there. The only 2 tag teams that get a reaction are 1) a face team of old people 2) a heel team of new people. Its like modern-WWE magic.

By that time the Hardy's will be in WWE.

Night of Champistings.

Valentus

Why would there be a Night of Champions thread

its just a random tier 2 PPV

In this era, the only PPVs that matters are Royal Rumble (or i must say, the royal rumble match itself) and wrestlemania.

All others ppv are glorified RAWs or SDs... Even Summerslam was overshadowed by NXT Takeover ffs.

MC Safety

Why is someone as talented as Neville stuck in pre show hell??

There's only so much room on the card, Neville is a small guy, and Neville is also the second coming of Justin Gabriel.

He will have a nice career, but his "talent" won't change things for him.

Gonzalez

Banned
That Tito fight was a work.

...And how does beating a past his prime Tito prove that he's a "World Champ"? Is this what Night of Champions will look like?

how does beating a past his prime Tito prove that he's a "World Champ"? Is this what Night of Champions will look like?

Bellator's made of UFC rejects and veteran champs

Bellator original champ beats UFC veteran champ, clearly he's more important than the average Bellator champ and is now World champ

There's only so much room on the card, Neville is a small guy, and Neville is also the second coming of Justin Gabriel.

He will have a nice career, but his "talent" won't change things for him.

Kofi's a heel now, and intimated on that Table for 3 thing that he might retire when New Day eventually ends, so Neville is there to do the flippy dippy shit for the kids. It's a good spot to be in, where you get featured on the show regularly and get to hopefully move a bit of merch, but you're right that he's likely never going anywhere. Maybe a strong IC or US Title run someday. Which is totally fine, btw. This idea that every talented performer needs to be in the main event to really matter is silly. Being reliable in having enjoyable matches lower on the card that keep the crowd hype for the bigger stuff is an important job in wrestling. (Not to mention that Neville was only interesting in the tail end of his NXT run, when he basically turned into a cynical opportunist who was willing to break his own moral code to stay champion.)

Top Bottom