• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

Kyari

Kane return in the mask was legitimately pretty neat, the crowd were behind it at least.

Seriously though is Sting okay or is he legit dead?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I know you guys are gonna get heated when I say this, but I feel like Sunny will back me up on this one.

Braun has a very Sid-like presence.

Kane return in the mask was legitimately pretty neat, the crowd were behind it at least.

Seriously though is Sting okay or is he legit dead?

Sounds like he got legit concussed on the table spot. Seth pretty clearly called a spot audibly at one point, the ref checked up on him at one point, and post-show he walked out (on his power) backed up by a bunch of refs

I know you guys are gonna get heated when I say this, but I feel like Sunny will back me up on this one.

550984_o.gif

He doesn't even have half the brain

This is a shoot, I'll miss Kane when he's gone. I hope he has one last feud and then a series to put Balor over. That seems like a final mission for him.

JavyOO7

Braun looks happy to be there. When he changes his facials and starts doing silly rants, we might have a stew going.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You would think that Nash would have thrown Hall a bone once when he was the booker instead of fueling his own ego.

Shame..

To be fair, he had plenty of title shots and by the time Nash was booker, Hall's drinking problems were tenfold worse. This was the time period where he would just no-show events constantly. For a while there in 97, after Hall won WW 3 97 it looked like he'd win the title but somehow Hogan got a title shot before he did and then it found its way back to Hogan.

Basically, don't blame Kevin. That was all Hogan and by the time Kevin could have, Hall was a professional lost cause. And I consider myself one of Hall's biggest fans.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The amazing thing is: Scott Hall's highest position in both WWF and WCW happened right after he debuted (For the second time with WCW of course if you remember the Diamond Stud) One of his first matches in WWF was against Bret for the strap.

To be fair, he had plenty of title shots and by the time Nash was booker, Hall's drinking problems were tenfold worse. This was the time period where he would just no-show events constantly. For a while there in 97, after Hall won WW 3 97 it looked like he'd win the title but somehow Hogan got a title shot before he did and then it found its way back to Hogan.

Basically, don't blame Kevin. That was all Hogan and by the time Kevin could have, Hall was a professional lost cause. And I consider myself one of Hall's biggest fans.

Didn't know that. Back then I was more of a mark. I'm just now watching the WCW pay per views and rewatchng some of their Nitro and Hall's work was top notch. I wonder what kind of career he would of had had he stayed with vince. Razor Ramoan would have done well during the Attitude era.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Didn't know that. Back then I was more of a mark. I'm just now watching the WCW pay per views and reaching some of their Nitro and Hall's work was top notch. I wonder what kind of career he would of had had he stayed with vince. Razor Ramoan would have done well during the Attitude era.

He went to Vince with the offer WCW gave him, which was much more money for fewer dates and asked him if he could get a raise and a higher position on the card. Vince said no.

He went to Vince with the offer WCW gave him, which was much more money for fewer dates and asked him if he could get a raise and a higher position on the card. Vince said no.

Yeah that I know.. Vince was Vince and Hall left. Still it's nice to wonder or speculate.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
tumblr_nv05h4n9Iz1soh95yo1_540.jpg

Scott is down with the swirl
Didn't know that. Back then I was more of a mark. I'm just now watching the WCW pay per views and rewatchng some of their Nitro and Hall's work was top notch. I wonder what kind of career he would of had had he stayed with vince. Razor Ramoan would have done well during the Attitude era.

His career never would have gotten as big if he stuck with Vince. If they saw Razor as a champion, he would have already won it before he left for WCW. Shawn wanted it too much and Diesel was too tall. From what I've seen about Scott, he was never a belt mark and was just happy if you paid him like a main eventer(which is kind of funny when you read up on what a wrestling historian he is)

Hall has never struck me as the type to put that much stock in being world champion. Like he was probably fine with Nash and Hogan being those guys and probably didn't want to play the politicking game.

Ithil

It's depressing seeing Moolah held up and celebrated as the best of all time there, given all the damage she did. I wish some major site or publication would do an exposé on the shit she did, given how little known it is.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Hall has never struck me as the type to put that much stock in being world champion. Like he was probably fine with Nash and Hogan being those guys and probably didn't want to play the politicking game.

He said he used to sit behind the curtain with Bischoff while Hogan was wrestling and say, 'He's 3 times better than me?'(referring to their contracts) but then he talked about all the weight of being the face of the company and all the politics and all the appearances and that there was no way he wanted to do any of that shit.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
He said he used to sit behind the curtain with Bischoff while Hogan was wrestling and say, 'He's 3 times better than me?'(referring to their contracts) but then he talked about all the weight of being the face of the company and all the politics and all the appearances and that there was no way he wanted to do any of that shit.

With the PPV cut Hogan was getting from his first deal he was likely making way more than 3x Hall's gigantic contract.

It's depressing seeing Moolah held up and celebrated as the best of all time there, given all the damage she did. I wish some major site or publication would do an exposé on the shit she did, given how little known it is.

I am completely and utterly clueless about moolah, what did she do?

His podcast with Austin last week was a good listen. You can never really know with wrestlers, but, yeah, he really didn't seem to be interested in playing the game like that.

Ithil

I am completely and utterly clueless about moolah, what did she do?

First and foremost, in the 1950s she pimped the young women she trained out for money, got them hooked on drugs and used them as favours for promoters. She also basically destroyed women's wrestling in the US by teaching her inferior ability to all those young trainees and sabotaging other women wrestlers of the time (in the 30s/40s, women's wrestling was a big draw and very different in style to the "Divas style" Moolah used).
She also cost the Jumping Bomb Angels their WWF stint in the 80s, I believe.

There's a documentary about women's wrestling of the time out that has some details on that, and a lot of articles. Meltzer's obituary for her ripped her to shreds too.

Top Bottom