• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If the NXT being an ongoing separate brand and not just a developmental territory then a lot of those guys could be good down there.

They could be creeping that way. The sort of already have. Real developmental are their NXT house shows. Lots of people in those who haven't seen a second of airtime on NXT TV. I wouldn't be surprised if they make a major move that direction.

klonere

Banned
They could be creeping that way. The sort of already have. Real developmental are their NXT house shows. Lots of people in those who haven't seen a second of airtime on NXT TV. I wouldn't be surprised if they make a major move that direction.

I'd hope so. There clearly isn't the right on-ramp for getting people onto Raw in a satisfactory way. Hell the way they work NXT, what with very simple storylines, bullet point promos and gimmicks that just would die on the main roster no matter what (Vaudevillians!) a completely separate brand would be sweet.

Of course guys that clearly have "it" and are just using NXT to acclimatize to the WWE system would still go up (Balor, Owens etc).

Chuck Taylor, if signed, would be like the recent TJ Parker case (Parker also said Parker was retiring, wasn't kidding, and is now going to New Japan with a different character and name).

#TuckChaylorNXTChamp2K16

Menome

Between Snuka and Hogan, I'm glad the majority of the WWE roster now probably isn't full of muderers and raging racists. Probably.

In 20 years we'll find out Zack Ryder murdered a hooker in his hotel room.

Daniel Bryan revealed to have never eaten animal meat because he practised cannibalism behind closed doors.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I always find tournaments fun in wrestling.

Same here. We never get enough of em, not in WWE at least. Easy main storyline, tons of ways to spin new feuds. What's not to love?

imBask

Banned
Same here. We never get enough of em, not in WWE at least. Easy main storyline, tons of ways to spin new feuds. What's not to love?

tournaments are confusing pal, don't forget that the average WWE fan has an attention span of about 3 minutes! Imagine how many recaps you'd have to show to keep reminding people about all the tournament matches that already happened!

Fox318

tournaments are fucking awesome.

They allow you to put together new matches, each match has a purpose, and you can use it to have a long build and that really makes the winner look great and it can even help some of the losers by getting the crowd to notice them.

WrestlingInc saying Busick, Swann, Gargano, Gulak, and Chuck Taylor are all on their way to WWE. For what it's worth, Busick and Swann said their goodbyes last weekend

Busick, Swann, Gargano, and Gulak are all Evolve mainstays, so maybe there's more to this story than just talent acquisition. There were the rumors about Evolve/WWN Live and WWE getting into business together.

Either way, that's like half of Evolve's roster, so Gabe can't be pleased.

I think that there's a real issue with none of the current era wrestlers being dangerous pieces of shit, they are going to bloat the system a couple of decades down the line. Right now we have a large roster of legends that come back every couple weeks on Raw, fill up Wrestlecons all over the place, and are just general lecherous assholes who can still make a buck by cutting themselves in a ring or saying a catch phrase.

Think about how many more of these old-timers we would have hanging around if instead of overdosing on drugs or suffering from roid induced heart attacks they were just playing XBox and shovelling whey protein like the current crop of dorks on the roster. We're heading into a future with a dangerous oversupply of wrestlers and that prospect frightens me folks.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It works itself out Pepsi because these millennial wrestlers will be so god damn boring and won't draw a dime so WWE will never have an excuse to bring them back in. It's like Terry Taylor is still alive, but the WWE isn't going to wheel him out on Raw.

We'll have a generation of Terry Taylors.

Gonzalez

Banned
I think that there's a real issue with none of the current era wrestlers being dangerous pieces of shit, they are going to bloat the system a couple of decades down the line. Right now we have a large roster of legends that come back every couple weeks on Raw, fill up Wrestlecons all over the place, and are just general lecherous assholes who can still make a buck by cutting themselves in a ring or saying a catch phrase.

Think about how many more of these old-timers we would have hanging around if instead of overdosing on drugs or suffering from roid induced heart attacks they were just playing XBox and shovelling whey protein like the current crop of dorks on the roster. We're heading into a future with a dangerous oversupply of wrestlers and that prospect frightens me folks.

Oh my god, I'm sort of agreeing with you. The current generation needs more Teddy Hart's, and less Xavier Woods.

Well that's the other thing. Older wrestlers did it because they were big dumb dudes and knew that an easy way for them to make a buck would be to fake fight for idiots. Our current crop grew up actually enjoying this and wanting to do it.

Like do you really think that someone like "Neville" would ever figure out that no one cares? He'll be doing backflips in armories until his knees give out

Sephzilla

It works itself out Pepsi because these millennial wrestlers will be so god damn boring and won't draw a dime so WWE will never have an excuse to bring them back in. It's like Terry Taylor is still alive, but the WWE isn't going to wheel him out on Raw.

We'll have a generation of Terry Taylors.

I actually think I agree with this. 10 years from now Jack Swagger or Dolph Ziggler aren't going to get the same nostalgia pop as someone like Road Dogg or RVD would get today.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh my god, I'm sort of agreeing with you. The current generation needs more Teddy Hart's, and less Xavier Woods.

We've even seen glimpses of it, what happens when larger names have no real vices.

Samoa Joe had a twitch channel. Let that shit sink in. Joey Samoey eatin' candy bars and mumbling over Megaman gameplay.

I actually think I agree with this. 10 years from now Jack Swagger or Dolph Ziggler aren't going to get the same nostalgia pop as someone like Road Dogg or RVD would get today.

What's Ziggler's catchphrase again?

You'll be driving down a country road and every fifty miles you'll see another sign for "See former WWE Superstars in action: Primo vs Kofi Kingston" etc.

KingBroly

Banned
If NXT becomes a separate touring brand for WWE, they need to just put the women there, because on Raw/SD, it's a lost cause right now.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The amount of people who watched Curt Hawkins or a Brodus Clay shoot should tell you all you need to know.

If I'm Kayfabe Commentaries, I'm saving my fucking money when all the pill heads die cause I'm gonna have to find a new job.

We've even seen glimpses of it, what happens when larger names have no real vices.

Samoa Joe had a twitch channel. Let that shit sink in. Joey Samoey eatin' candy bars and mumbling over Megaman gameplay.

What's Ziggler's catchphrase again?

"The cuckolding will continue until ratings improve."

They're definitely a place for fuck ups and assholes in the wrestling business, they bring a particular energy to things sometimes and are part of why we spend so much time talking about the backstage nonsense as the show itself

but I don't think it's correct to be saying guys like Xavier Woods or whatever are boring because they are clean and modern in their hobbies. This sanitised environment is actually what keeps me from going away from WWE again - if I was hearing about Cesaro beating up his girlfriends, Big E being a rapist, John Cena being racist and all of this right now, and the show itself was rife with all of the nasty attitude era shit like women getting beaten up and stripped to their underwear all the time then uh

I mean let's not indulge too far in the 'these fuckin kids don't know how to party!' stuff.

Dolph is fuckin' 35 years old. He's not some cocky kid fresh outta college anymore. His character is wack as fuck. Stop trying to be cool, dad.

Sephzilla

Potentially controversial opinion but I don't even think John Cena will get the same kind of nostalgia pops from crowds 10 years from now when he is trotted out for some random raw (assuming Cena has retired by then). At least, compared to say, what would happen if The Rock or Austin showed up on Raw next week.

If NXT becomes a separate touring brand for WWE, they need to just put the women there, because on Raw/SD, it's a lost cause right now.

I'm a big supporter of retiring the Diva division completely and putting all of the women on NXT

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Potentially controversial opinion but I don't even think John Cena will get the same kind of nostalgia pops from crowds 10 years from now when he is trotted out for some random raw (assuming Cena has retired by then). At least, compared to say, what would happen if The Rock or Austin showed up on Raw next week.

Cena is made for life. Once you're over, you're over forever.

KingBroly

Banned

Probably not, but Cena brings in the kids. He is WWE's Superman. And honestly, I think Cena has had a REALLY, REALLY good 2015.

Some blonde woman named Desi Lydic is now a correspondent on The Daily Show, which I assume means she took the spot Renee was auditioning for. Such a shame.

A wrinkled up Cena standing at the top of the ramp as he looks into the camera "Hey, you still work here?" he says with a wink and a laugh. Salutes and as soon as he's about to take off down the ramp, he acts like he pulled a hip, laughs it off a little and jets down to the ring.

You're crazy if you don't think crowds wont still be chanting LETS GO CENA. CENA SUCKS. When he's 60 years old "Never change WWE universe, haha. I came out here every Monday and even twenty or so odd years later, you still pay good money to come out here and chant whatever you want. Ya gotta love this business..."

Cena is INGRAINED in WWE. All these little kids, the Cenation will be in their 20-early 30s. Reminiscing about the good old days.

Cena has done more for the company and it's image more than Rock, Austin and eventually even Hulk. And you don't have to believe me, time will provide my evidence. You don't have to like it, but you sure as hell better accept it, jack.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Renee's future she might have had is #DONE. Dating a wrestler and spending that long working for the WWE? It's like showing up for a job interview in a hoodie. If she's lucky she can get an ESPN3 gig

With all of the controversy surrounding the WWE lately I'm wondering if they should stop calling their blonde, blue-eyed Diva of German lineage "genetically superior".

Renee's future she might have had is #DONE. Married to a wrestler and spending that long working for the WWE? It's like showing up for a job interview in a hoodie. If she's lucky she can get an ESPN3 gig

I hate to say it but you're right. Daily Show is cutting all ties with WWE after they let that nazi-sympatheizer on. It's awful that Renee is a casualty of Rollins' idiocy.

Finding out John Cena is a racist would be the least surprising thing in the world

I would genuinely be surprised about horrible Cena stuff. He's been going at this for so long and no crazy shit has popped out outside of a possibly messy divorce, there's really nothing crazy. Even in Jericho's book, he's like "Cena is the nicest, most boring guy in the world".

Hogan and all the older guys and their racism and homophobia doesn't surprise me, because that shit was rampant in wrestling for such a long time. Cena is from a younger, more modern era and I sincerely think he's got a pretty good head on his shoulders and I will seriously be shocked if he's homophobic or racist.

Sephzilla

With all of the controversy surrounding the WWE lately I'm wondering if they should stop calling their blonde, blue-eyes Diva of German lineage "genetically superior".

Uuf9N3A.gif

somedevil

Renee's future she might have had is #DONE. Dating a wrestler and spending that long working for the WWE? It's like showing up for a job interview in a hoodie. If she's lucky she can get an ESPN3 gig

You say that and espn employees two former WWE announcers already.

I would genuinely be surprised about horrible Cena stuff. He's been going at this for so long and no crazy shit has popped out outside of a possibly messy divorce, there's really nothing crazy. Even in Jericho's book, he's like "Cena is the nicest, most boring guy in the world".

Hogan and all the older guys and their racism and homophobia doesn't surprise me, because that shit was rampant in wrestling for such a long time. Cena is from a younger, more modern era and I sincerely think he's got a pretty good head on his shoulders and I will seriously be shocked if he's homophobic or racist.

I don't know, he is from Boston.

I will say that at least Cena keeps his shit on lockdown unlike Rollins. There were rumors of him having an affair but no one can verify that. The woman or man has not spoken out, and there's no way of knowing if they're nazis. Plus his wife didn't leak any photos of his junk. See? Cena is the kind of guy you can safely trust to represent your company. Rollins is the exact opposite.

Save us Stinger & Cena.

klonere

Banned
So who's been erased from the WWE archives now?

Snuka might get it if he does go down for murder. Maybe.

I like this idea, I like it a lot.

I bet its going to come out that Cena is a total Patrick Bateman but HGH helps suppress the murderous side in an unintended side effect.

I don't know, he is from Boston.

I will say that at least Cena keeps his shit on lockdown unlike Rollins. There were rumors of him having an affair but no one can verify that. The woman or man has not spoken out, and there's no way of knowing if they're nazis. Plus his wife didn't leak any photos of his junk. See? Cena is the kind of guy you can safely trust to represent your company. Rollins is the exact opposite.

Save us Stinger & Cena.

#BelieveInCena
#SaintSting

Top Bottom