• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

Mahonay

Banned
tumblr_ntz8lcgxmt1rnjfjfo1_r1_250.gif

Besides this, was this week's RAW worth watching?

Fox318

Besides this, was this week's RAW worth watching?

Cesaro-Owens matches are always cool to watch

If you want to be depressed you can listen to all of the promo's on the show talk about HHH like he is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Mahonay

Banned
Cesaro-Owens matches are always cool to watch

If you want to be depressed you can listen to all of the promo's on the show talk about HHH like he is the greatest thing since sliced bread.
Fuck.

Well guess I'll catch Cesaro/Owens and whatever the New Day segment is.

Fox318

Wait does America not get Smackdown on Wednesday's?

nope.

Honestly the timeslot might be better considering football on thursdays but its clear that WWE only cares about Raw and Network PPV and events.

Maybe when Smackdown moves to USA but I can't remember the last time a TV show where events felt like they really really mattered.

Honestly I'd like a attitude era style title swap. Even if its just to get someone over for a bit but the Seth Rollin's show is getting kinda dull.

I mean can anyone see a title change before wrestlemania?

Can anyone see a title change that doesn't involve

A late cash in
Roman Reigns
Cena

Plus the hope of a US challenge defeat from Cena was killed so CNN could get a clip of Cena slamming a retired TV host.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
USA Network has been actively sabotaging Smackdown since WWE returned from their trip to Spike. Now that USA wants/needs Smackdown it stands a decent chance of being juiced up. I think the brand split is returning after next year's Mania. They've been grooming new announcers, they've been picking up lots of old and cagey veterans, they've got a huge talent deal with EVOLVE.

Fox318

USA Network has been actively sabotaging Smackdown since WWE returned from their trip to Spike. Now that USA wants/needs Smackdown it stands a decent chance of being juiced up. I think the brand split is returning after next year's Mania. They've been grooming new announcers, they've been picking up lots of old and cagey veterans, they've got a huge talent deal with EVOLVE.

Only way they make Smackdown work is if the presentation, production, and even roster is different.

Shit they could even just make it random matches but it can't be a continuation of raw.

Shiv47

Only way they make Smackdown work is if the presentation, production, and even roster is different.

Shit they could even just make it random matches but it can't be a continuation of raw.

Smackdown isn't live, so no one needs to watch, as nothing truly worthwhile ever seems to happen on it. It's a placeholder show for people without the network who need a fix between Raws, I guess.

somedevil

Nia Jax sounds a LOT like Chyna, right? It's not just me?

People have said that. She totally looks different then her though. As for Ciampa the news doesn't come from a known source. Plus he is going to get a second chance as well.

The hottest free agents? Does Gabe know this?

Fox318

I swear every time I see Darrick Moore as ref he fucking sucks

Count the fucking pin. Bliss had her foot on Blue Pant's face with her shoulder blades down.

Every other ref makes it look like they are calling a shoot match. He looks like he is always waiting for a spot to finish.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Gable has "it" - the intangible it factor. For sure.

Also we are one step closer to Jon Taffer on WWE Raw considering Bar Rescue producers are working with WWE.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
WWE pulled him from website and legends work pending the outcome of his case.
Ah. Well, good. Fuck Snuka. Gotta suck to be Tamina dealing with all this shit. Not that she didn't in the past, but... Just sucks to be her.

Ithil

Gargano and Ciampa appearing on NXT with Regal, being called by those names and called free agents, is really weird for WWE.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Gargano and Ciampa appearing on NXT with Regal, being called by those names and called free agents, is really weird for WWE.
It's nuts. Especially Ciampa. He's one of the hardest working dudes out there. Never thought I'd see the day. Glad for him because I like him a lot.

Eva Marie has her look and gimmick perfect right now. All she needs is to continue training. Pretty great character.

somedevil

Isn't Gargano technically still working with Evolve and Gabe?

They seem to be having a 16 team tournament and did 6 of 8 matches so far. They still have the Hype Bros, Blake and Murphy and two other teams left for the final two matches.

The funniest is the Young Bucks trolling they are going to be in the tournament. The internet will explode if that happens.

NXT really does seem like it's going to be a lot more open for people, what with Rhyno/Kendrick/Joe's deals, and Blue Pants/Gargano/Ciampa showing up, being named, etc

Remember when Piper hit himself with the coconut, and his black blood oozed from his skull and later that night he fought Bad News Brown

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Crowe's necklace might be the worst thing about him right now. Not bad. He was worse!

Fox318

Vince is just gonna shop HHH and Steph into every WWE show from the past.

Everyone remember when Steph beat andre at wrestlemania 3?

Eva needs to be involved in a Layla/Jamie Noble love feud with Neville. The Red Queen and Red Arrow.

She doesn't want him, but it's like a Hunchback of Notre Dame typa situation.

So is the clock ticking for Tamina, now? I feel like her main purpose was to have an excuse to say, "Her father, Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka" once in a while to tickle people with the nostalgia feather. She brings absolutely nothing to the table, otherwise. Bad wrestler, bad promo, no personality. (Granted, the same thing could be said about Charlotte's recent work, but she at least has the excuse of being fairly new to the game, whereas Tamina's been around forever and barley improved.)

Also, Alicia Fox was getting pretty good for a while and had an awesome, short match with Natalya a year or so ago, but she seems to have regressed since she realized she had no future except as the Wade Barrett of the Divas division.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

The Brand Split is not coming back. They don't actually have enough talent to fill Raw right now.

Ithil

Gable only started training in pro wrestling 18 months ago. He's crazy good for that amount of time.
Olympic skills paying off.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The Brand Split is not coming back. They don't actually have enough talent to fill Raw right now.

They do actually. They're not using them for whatever reason. Smackdown at its height was still the b show and developmental for the RAW brand; it only had 2 or 3 top stars and the rest were older mid carders and new guys. You could flip NXT into Smackdown real fucking quick.

Hell John Cena could probably headline Smackdown with his new US title gig, just bring it back next summer.

somedevil

I froze the bracket for tag team tournament.

It looks like they are heading towards a
Joe and Finn vs Cass and Enzo match in the 2nd round and a Semi final match of Gargano and Ciampa vs Jordan and Gable match

Bracket:

Top Bottom