• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

Paracelsus

Am I a bad person for wanting Rollins out the title picture and right now I'd rather have Sheamus for a year?

If I were to say how I feel about Rollins, I'd say Rollins is Edge as much as Swagger is Cor Angle. Rollins can wrestle very well but that didn't stop him from breaking two people in half.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The thing about Gamestop also is that there is no lateral movement. Unless someone quits. My brother started working at a grocery store last year and moved all the way up to management through working a lot of hours and working hard. And it's a chain store as well. My former assistant manager has worked at Gamestop for over 10 years. She's been an assistant manager for over 8(Which she got because the original one quit). She is STILL an assistant manager. They've gone through 4 managers at their store and she is still an assistant manager.

I like a lot of people at my store and that's the only reason I stuck around as long as I did though all I did was feel regret now about how I could have been working the job I went to after that during school and made more money, gotten more hours and gotten cross-trained for any other position that I wanted. But it's funny to go in there now and see all the ThinkGeek shit, all the FunkoPop, all the obviously desperate attempts by that company to stay relevant. I actually don't think Gamestop is near as bad to its customers as it was to its employees.

I've moved entirely to digital now and occasionally Amazon anyways. And on the Destiny note, every time I play it I just think, 'I could be playing WoW instead' which I'd rather do. Just more to it from years of it existing, and I find the lack of abilities in all these 'online RPG shooters' incredibly underwhelming. Borderlands was the same way.

Wrestling.

Like 3/4's of my friends worked at GS at one time or another and all of them have horror stories. No hours besides the top three people in the store, who get way too many. Babysitting. Invasive bag checks. Lack of coverage for mandatory breaks. Awful pay. No forward advancement save for when the DM finally cleared out another store in the region of their systematic corruption.

Pennied out game guides and some weird promo shit though was nice. One of my friends is now manager of a store in a dying mall, after being transfered from being manager of non dying mall store that was closed in favor of a new outdoor mall store a mile away.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
I just remember a joke tweet from one of the ex Bungie employees that said "Destiny, from the people who fired the people who made Halo"

There's way too much truth to that statement; hah.

¡HarlequinPanic!;179549386 said:
the crowds suck, but movie theatre is the correct awesome college job

Best date job ever. I went on more dates in one summer than I had in my entire life (admittedly; not saying much at the time)

Am I a bad person for wanting Rollins out the title picture and right now I'd rather have Sheamus for a year?

If I were to say how I feel about Rollins, I'd say Rollins is Edge as much as Swagger is Cor Angle. Rollins can wrestle very well but that didn't stop him from breaking two people in half.

no, you're right on the money here

I can handle a Sheamus title reign because who would expect it to last long anyway? Certainly not to Mania.

bjork

Sheamus cashes in, wins.

Sting beats him in a quickie match like Victory Road (whatever year jeff hardy was high), just have Sheamus miss a brogue kick and Sting turns it into the deathdrop or whatever pussy name Vince gave it.

Then Sting drops to Undertaker, Undertaker drops to Brock at WM in a title vs career match. This almost writes itself.

imBask

Banned
anyone ever wanting Sheamus to have the belt again is beyond me

Especially now with Rollins as the champ, Rollins is nowhere nearly as bad as some of the champs we've had recently, Sheamus included

Sheamus, Del Rio, Miz, Orton-cena-orton-cena-orton-cena, post-return-Rock. Mysterio

cmon now

Striker

Especially now with Rollins as the champ, Rollins is nowhere nearly as bad as some of the champs we've had recently, Sheamus included

Sheamus, Del Rio, Miz, Orton-cena-orton-cena-orton-cena, post-return-Rock. Mysterio

cmon now
So every champion in the past 5 years except Daniel Bryan and CM Punk. Amirite?

Their reigns were putrid themselves; Bryan's not so much his fault.

Sephzilla

cmon now

Miz was an exponentially more entertaining champion than Shaemus, Del Rio, or Mysterio. C'mon now.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Stro did a writeup of Night of Champions. Pretty good little writeup and analysis, and as usual jiffs galore:

https://legitshook.squarespace.com/...potpourri-reviews/wwe-night-of-champions-2015

apronsplash.gif

fan.gif

kid.gif

Menome

<- Worst wrasslin' week ever ahead.

One week only, so I lose it next Monday evening.

EDIT: Context

Aye, after losing both matches in his 'Prep Week', he'll crawl back from defeat and retain both titles at the PPV.

Sheamus cashes in on the following RAW. I'll bet a seven-day "SANDOW SUCKS" avatar on it.

Verendus

Banned
If Rock isn't returning, and Sting hopefully recovers well, I'd be happy with something like:

Reigns vs. Brock II
Cena vs. Undertaker
Triple H vs. Seth
Sting vs. Ambrose

If Rock returns, then plan C-ena.

Reigns vs. Cena
Rock vs. Brock
Sting vs. Undertaker
Triple H vs. Seth
Ambrose vs. Orton

As it stands though, I'm feeling good about Reigns vs. Brock II. It feels like WWE might just go there. It's going to be huge Maggle. Thirty minutes of blood, sweat, and tears.

Obviously, if Brotista comes back, then all bets are off. We go wild then.

Brotista vs. Brock w/ Stone Cold as the special guest referee
Rock vs. Shawn Michaels
Cena vs. Undertaker
Reigns vs. Jimmy Hit Me With That Triple HHH
Sting vs. Randall Keith Orton
Seth Rolling vs. Bray Wyatt in a Street Fighter Match
Dean Ambrose vs. Christopher Jericho
Cesaro vs. Kevin Owens vs. Ryback vs. Sheamus
The NEW DAY vs. The Hardyz vs. The Dudleyz Who Aren't Even Brothers in a TLC MATCH

Greatest Wrasslin'Mania of all the times.

Sephzilla

Miz was a fucking excellent champ, especially in the Mania build

Wasn't part of that build needing Michael Cole to save him from losing the WWE Title to Jerry Lawler?

But honestly, Miz was pretty entertaining in that Mania build. That buildup was not-so-quietly turning into a Cena/Rock show and Miz straight up held his own in that whole thing. I actually thought he held his own against the Rock better than Cena.

bjork

Obviously, if Brotista comes back, then all bets are off. We go wild then.

Brotista vs. Brock w/ Stone Cold as the special guest referee
Rock vs. Shawn Michaels
Cena vs. Undertaker
Reigns vs. Jimmy Hit Me With That Triple HHH
Sting vs. Randall Keith Orton
Seth Rolling vs. Bray Wyatt in a Street Fighter Match
Dean Ambrose vs. Christopher Jericho
Cesaro vs. Kevin Owens vs. Ryback vs. Sheamus
The NEW DAY vs. The Hardyz vs. The Dudleyz Who Aren't Even Brothers in a TLC MATCH

Greatest Wrasslin'Mania of all the times.

minus 5 stars

Xater

yo, speaking of Rock and Reigns

I was watching Royal Rumble 2015 this weekend and man, did they edit the crowd's boos from that ppv? the background noise is silent. You could look into that crowd and see how pissed they were Iwhen Reigns won and rock held up his hand).

Of course they did. Live the booing was immense.

Sephzilla

yo, speaking of Rock and Reigns

I was watching Royal Rumble 2015 this weekend and man, did they edit the crowd's boos from that ppv? the background noise is silent. You could look into that crowd and see how pissed they were Iwhen Reigns won and rock held up his hand).

They booed Roman out of the fucking arena live. Rock hasn't gotten booed like that in over a decade.

bjork

If they kickstarted a Ric Flair retirement fund with the clause being that once he took the money, he would never appear on a wrestling show again, would you give?

Top Bottom