• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Strangest Pro Wrasslin Fact: The number two grossing promotion in the US in 2002?

Juggalo Championshit Wrestling.

People have said that. She totally looks different then her though. As for Ciampa the news doesn't come from a known source. Plus he is going to get a second chance as well.

The hottest free agents? Does Gabe know this?

Ciampa doesn't have a contract with ROH, and he hasn't been in Evolve for a few shows. He actually might be a free agent.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I have completely neutral feelings towards ICP, and Juggalos. If anything I respect ICP for creating their own genre out of nothing, and having zero competition, and just making a shitload of money. That's business savvy. And they love wrestling. Good on you, ICP. Good on you! Good folks.

KingBroly

Banned
I kinda wonder if they're ever going to increase the size of the Full Sail arena? NXT has to be a hot ticket down there nowadays.

RP912

Banned
is sting a juggalo

fQ5J4.gif

yes

I forgot about NXT and that I still have a WWE Network subscription despite looking at the app just an hour ago trying to figure out why the fuck it's showing up as taking over 6.5GB and then there being nothing in the folder that's supposedly that size. Chalking it up to being a Windows 10 bug.

When you think about Cena really is very much like Sting in a way except Sting went from a kid friendly character to a more edgey character and sting did the opposite.

Although Cena is a better promo.

That's what I first thought of Cena back when I first saw him in like, 2000. Reaffirmed when I saw him in OVW back in 2001 and not surprised when I heard people who work or worked for WWE making the same comparison.

sora87

I was just reading Seth Rollin's wiki for some reason and watched that Age of The Fall debut
thing he was involved in, damn that was crazy. Now I'm watching Jushin Liger vs Bryan with CM Punk commentating, god bless youtube

So I got MGSV on Steam.

I've applied for a refund. Don't like the look of it at all. I've always been a fan of MGS but this doesn't really seem to have the same style. Prologue was okay, but kinda boring and long, and then the game itself started and I just immediately felt bored. HUGE EMPTY SPACE. SNEAK UP ON CAMPS JUST LIKE FAR CRY 3 AND 500 OTHER GAMES.

I'll check it out later at a lower price maybe. Hope I can get that refund. I only played 2 hours.

If the reports are true about the talent WWE is signing, NXT will be even better soon. Gargano, Swann, Busick, Chuck Taylor, and Drew Gulak is a hell of a crew.

Am I alone in being underwhelmed by Uhaa/Apollo Crews thus far in NXT? Just seems like he has had the same match twice now and the crowd seems mildly interested at best.

Woooooooooow

Carny as fucccccccck
It is highly suspicious that Hogan and his friends would have greeted each other growing up using the N word. That was decades before that word had any connotation in society past being a term used by racists, with the exception of industries like pro wrestling where it was actually a business term for black performers as far back as anyone can remember. If anything, his picking up using that word in conversation would have more likely come from the industry because that word was part of the so-called secret language, along with similarly demeaning terms for Mexicans, and in Tennessee, the term for women fans (called AR’s or Arena Rats in most territories) was “blowjobs.”

The term was regularly used everywhere through the 80s, including by people who were not racists and spoke of it as the business term, but only to those in the business. It was still used in that vernacular in the 90s, which led to a successful minorities lawsuit against WCW.

A note on house shows and the drawing power of Kevin Owens.

The Cena vs. Owens main events were the strongest main house show main event numbers for any match over a full month period in some time. What that says it the idea that Owens can’t draw on top based on his look is bullshit because even though he is with Cena, other guys in the same position with Cena haven’t done as well. The thing about wrestling is you can have your ideas and rules about who and what qualities appeal the most to the masses, and those heavily influence who get chances in the business. But ultimately, there is a very simple test of what gets over, and that is who is put in the position to get over and then delivers, and you can point to flaws in everyone and strengths in everyone but if you’re beating everyone else in the same position, either you’ve had a program that people got into and/or your strengths mean more than your weaknesses. And no matter how you look or talk, if the opposite is true, it means your strengths on paper don’t translate.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Interesting Leva Bates tidbit:

According to one person in the company, Leva “Blue Pants” Bates has a ton of heat, and none of it is her doing. There is the resentment that she was flown to Brooklyn, put in an angle with the tag champs and Alexa Bliss that every woman on the roster would have wanted, that she has and sells her own merchandise and doesn’t have to split the cut, isn’t under contract so he’s not at the Performance Center going through all the daily training, and can do indies, and her rate has increased, so they believe she’s making more than they are, and being pushed more and getting over.

Syder

So I got MGSV on Steam.

I've applied for a refund. Don't like the look of it at all. I've always been a fan of MGS but this doesn't really seem to have the same style. Prologue was okay, but kinda boring and long, and then the game itself started and I just immediately felt bored. HUGE EMPTY SPACE. SNEAK UP ON CAMPS JUST LIKE FAR CRY 3 AND 500 OTHER GAMES.

I'll check it out later at a lower price maybe. Hope I can get that refund. I only played 2 hours.
Wait until you unlock more equipment and buddies. I can see how someone bored with open world games might think Phantom Pain will follow suit and be similar in the early game but this game just goes from strength to strength as you progress through it. The story is also going to make this GOTY for a lot of people.

Ithil

Kana, Nikki Storm and Athena are in the final stages of getting signed to NXT, it seems. If they pass medical testing they'll be there in the next couple of months. Should do good things for the NXT women now that they're missing most of the Four Horsewomen.

There is hope yet for Lucha Underground

While no deal has been announced, negotiations are ongoing with Televisa and Lucha Underground, which would open up the show to the Mexico market and pretty much guarantee a second season.

NXT roster are a bunch of marks for themselves.

Time to send them a message by firing Baron Corbin.

Then fire Samoa Joe and Solomon Crowe to send a message to the Full Sail crowd.

Ithil

According to one person in the company, Leva “Blue Pants” Bates has a ton of heat, and none of it is her doing. There is the resentment that she was flown to Brooklyn, put in an angle with the tag champs and Alexa Bliss that every woman on the roster would have wanted, that she has and sells her own merchandise and doesn’t have to split the cut, isn’t under contract so he’s not at the Performance Center going through all the daily training, and can do indies, and her rate has increased, so they believe she’s making more than they are, and being pushed more and getting over.

She's definitely got the sweetest gig of any local enhancement talent.

Eva Marie is gonna need some sort of Tommy Dreamer being caned by Sandman type of angle to get over at Full Sail. I can appreciate she is working hard to get better but they probably should have kept her off tv a little longer.

ElRenoRaven

Screw those people crying about that. She rocks and is worth it. It's also not like she's a regular roster member. She's someone they bring in here and there and who obviously isn't there to move up to the main roster. That's a shame too.

Observer tidbits

At this point the October Austin interview looks to be with Sting

There is talk of repackaging Los Matadores

Stephen Amell stated that sales of the T-shirt design that he wore at SummerSlam raised $228,867.60 for Emily’s Care, a children’s hospice in Canada. There is talk that Amell did well enough that they may use him again in a singles match with Stardust.

Another interesting note is that Sarita is being brought in to do a lot of training of NXT women as Sara Amato's role has increased in the main roster side.

Barrage

Screw those people crying about that. She rocks and is worth it. It's also not like she's a regular roster member. She's someone they bring in here and there and who obviously isn't there to move up to the main roster. That's a shame too.

For all the trashing Eva Marie gets,she is head and shoulders ahead of Blue Pants.

Then film empty arena matches with Eva Marie winning with edited in pops.

No. The message to send to the NXT roster is to push Eva hard enough and let her improve enough that they'll eventually love her like they do with everyone, to show the NXT shitheads who are getting a big ego that anyone can get over in NXT.

Observer tidbits

Another interesting note is that Sarita is being brought in to do a lot of training of NXT women as Sara Amato's role has increased in the main roster side.

Okay so when they mean Repackaging does that mean retooling the Characters because Los Matadores was a pretty weak tag team.

Also Apollo Crews...

He's going to be a Fucking Star. I wonder how he is on the mic

MG310

If they're that mad about Blue Pants imagine how they're going to feel about the 2 Tough Enough winners who will be at the performance center full time.

Okay so when they mean Repackaging does that mean retooling the Characters because Los Matadores was a pretty weak tag team.

It means Primo and Epico get a new gimmick. Which I'm fine with because they both can work, so it'd be nice to see them in something that isn't immediate death.

Don't know what that would mean for Mascarita though.

If they're that mad about Blue Pants imagine how they're going to feel about the 2 Tough Enough winners who will be at the performance center full time.

That was the context of the story. Meltzer said "If you think Sara Lee won't get heat, here's why she will."

Top Bottom