• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's weird. I don't have a huge problem with Rey, and I'm really looking forward to CMLL main event which is like 5/6 of the people in that being over the age of 50. But something about Myzteziz being in the main event 'heel' spot despite having a good match with Rey just makes me REALLY not want to watch AAA. I just don't want to see Myzteziz doing his shitty fake cool heel shtick.

That spot would be better occupied by Texano or Pentagon or Fantasma.

Big Kev actual putting someone over lol

Kevin Nash came out and said he was passing the torch from the NWO to the Bullet Club.

LOL Sheamus

A few years back, when the company had the idea that Sheamus was going to be a top babyface star, they commissioned a ton of action figures for him, and then he didn’t get over, and the action figures didn’t sell at all compared to the production numbers. When it comes to action figures, faces still significantly outsell heels, and those who are taken off TV usually drop off terribly unless it’s someone like Austin or Rock who sell no matter what. The women on Total Divas saw their figures increase in sales considerably and the hottest right now on the women’s side is Paige

Other examples of people that got over in NXT despite the crowd initially hating them or just being terrible gimmicks:

Bo Dallas
Vaudvillains
Carmella
Bull Dempsy
All the Four Horsewomen
Emma
ALEX RILEY

Anyone can and will get over in NXT given enough time. Everyone down there needs to check their egos and understand who their audience is.

MG310

Sheamus and Del Rio were a damn plague on toy aisle shelves. Big Lots stores ended up with a shitload of both of them.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
To be fair to Sheamus

Remember all those ADR and Punk figures I told you guys about while I was 'buying a present for my nephew' at Toys R Us? Well 2 months later, and it's still all Punk and ADR figures

Big Kev actual putting someone over lol

LOL Sheamus

of course she is

dUj5IlF.png

MG310

It's not terribly difficult for the Divas figures to be hot sellers because they pack them one per case or one per every other case of 12.

I want TNA to die already so I can see Mia Yim in NXT. She'd fit in great with the crop of women they have coming in.

I'd also love to see them bring back Ivelisse, but that'll never happen, so I've made peace with that.

Fox318

To be fair to Sheamus

Remember all those ADR and Punk figures I told you guys about while I was 'buying a present for my nephew' at Toys R Us? Well 2 months later, and it's still all Punk and ADR figures
Is the wrestling figure thing really as popular as people make it seem?

I feel like the only people who buy stuff are the guys who bought the hasbros in 1992.

I mean I never bought wrestling figures.

Watching the Eva match, thinking how funny it would be if she missed her kickout like Becky did as she gets pinned.

Then she misses her kickout and the ref just stops counting, causing a rain of boos.

Barrage

Jordan and Gable are so gotdamn good holy shit.

Gable's so good on the mic,Jordan is just a fucking hoss.

My only worry is that Jordan was a jobber for so long because they were hiding his limitations.

Regardless, i'm loving this tag tourney so far.

Ithil

Other examples of people that got over in NXT despite the crowd initially hating them or just being terrible gimmicks:

Bo Dallas
Vaudvillains
Carmella
Bull Dempsy
All the Four Horsewomen
Emma
ALEX RILEY

Anyone can and will get over in NXT given enough time. Everyone down there needs to check their egos and understand who their audience is.

Some hilarious revisionism to fit your claim going on here.

I remember having at least 3 Wrestling Figures when I was Younger. I think one was The Rock and Maybe Goldberg and the 3rd one was
Chris Benoit

KissVibes

Banned
Interesting Leva Bates tidbit:

According to one person in the company, Leva “Blue Pants” Bates has a ton of heat, and none of it is her doing. There is the resentment that she was flown to Brooklyn, put in an angle with the tag champs and Alexa Bliss that every woman on the roster would have wanted, that she has and sells her own merchandise and doesn’t have to split the cut, isn’t under contract so he’s not at the Performance Center going through all the daily training, and can do indies, and her rate has increased, so they believe she’s making more than they are, and being pushed more and getting over.

Maybe there's a reason she has a sweeter deal.

Maybe its because she makes money and is damn good at her job.

Everyone could learn from Blue Pants.

Yeah its hilarious that Leva Bates has heat on her. Especially when she is one of the few women outside of the NXT 4 horse women to get over with the Full Sail mutants.

Even WrassleGAF could not give a shit about the crowning of a new NWA heavyweight champion.

I hope AIW puts out the Gage/Hardcore Holly match right after it happens. Someone's going to die in that match.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
TNA was better this week. The final match sucked for the most part, but next week we begin the personal assistant era of the Charismatic Enigma.

pretty sure my collectors edition of MGSV is lost in the mail -_-

Shipped via USPS from Amazon, was suppose to be here today, shipping hasn't shown an update since leaving Arizona yesterday.

Top Bottom