• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
what's wrong with a butt finisher?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I like how at the beginning they pointed out that Roman/Dean were mad at Jericho for being reckless or something, but that was completely not something you could see during the match, where it looked like Jericho got mad after he jobbed for no reason.

Ferny

This Paige promo is awful. She was given all the "oooh so edgy!" worked shoot lines reserved for CM Punk and AJ and still looked and sounded like a non-threatening fucking dork pretending to be a professional wrestler.

Go away and don't come back.
Agreed. It worked with AJ because she wasn't chumming it up on total divas and shit. I know it's different and all, but it just doesn't seem genuine at all coming from Paige.

Aiii

So not worth it
This Paige promo is awful. She was given all the "oooh so edgy!" worked shoot lines reserved for CM Punk and AJ and still looked and sounded like a non-threatening fucking dork pretending to be a professional wrestler.

Go away and don't come back.

#DivasSameOldShit

Charlotte and Becky should've gotten something in, I still liked the idea of them turning on her better but they can play the Paige is a sell out and hypocrite angle still I guess.

She could pull a Virtuoso performance in a match and it would end up being a negative 5* match with that Butt finisher.

I mean we have had bad finishers in the past, but I think this takes the cake.

It really is a stupid finisher, possibly the worst in this era of WWE.

Might as well give her the Stink Face while she's at it, I mean she's got the familial connection from marrying one of the Usos and we know from Total Divas that she's got some "knock out gas" quality flatulence and Vince loves toilet humor, it's perfect.

Women or well anyone other than Rikishi and his big, nasty dimply ass doing that "move" was always funny given the message it gives about their personal hygiene.

This Kane stuff is fun, but I can't see him winning. Seems like the bigger match at HIAC will be Taker/Lesnar anyway, so it is probably just another filler like Sting was. At least they are giving Seth's filler feuds some interesting twists though. I'd be fine with Kane winning, and I also think it'd be cool if they could somehow connect Kane to the Undertaker from now til Wrestlemania.

Perhaps we could one day see the dream match of WWE Champion Kane vs Kane.

A lot of hijinx going on right now. This is definitely a bit more interesting than last year's post Summerslam season. Kind of crazy October is going to feature more, not less, Brock than usual.

Are they going to do any build up for Taker/Lesnar at HIAC? Cos it's weird - they need to do one more match with Taker/Lesnar, but definitely not two. This already feels a bit like 'huh, we just did that', so they should build it up as the blow off match and then Lesnar can be put into something for the Rumble up to Wrestlemania. Another champ run, I hope...

Browny

Banned
October Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination Of The Big Show By The Beast Brock Lesnar

(Although I get the feeling we had something similar not too long ago.)

bjork

Guys

if you deleted Supercard a long time ago and reinstall it, it still had your stuff saved. So you get some season 2 cards and you can still roll with your season 1 cards.

This didn't stop me from uninstalling again after one match, but I was curious to see what season 2 was and it was cool to see my old progress stored away.

Aiii

So not worth it
Guys

if you deleted Supercard a long time ago and reinstall it, it still had your stuff saved. So you get some season 2 cards and you can still roll with your season 1 cards.

This didn't stop me from uninstalling again after one match, but I was curious to see what season 2 was and it was cool to see my old progress stored away.

Deleted it because it didn't fit on my 16GB iPad Mini, but I just got the new Mini in 64GB, might as well give it a go. What's this Season 2 stuff about?

bjork

Deleted it because it didn't fit on my 16GB iPad Mini, but I just got the new Mini in 64GB, might as well give it a go. What's this Season 2 stuff about?

The main thing I saw was that as you level a card up, every 5 levels you get to add an attribute. I'm not sure if you pick them from a list or earn them by winning, but for example, a level 10 card gets two attributes. So maybe it's like awakenings in Puzzle and Dragons but with a little more flexibility?

The roster is also expanded and the season 2 cards are separate from season 1 cards. You're given the option to use season 1 cards to train season 2 guys, or you can play season 1 events. It looked like season 1 was still the same exhibition and KOTR, and I'm not sure what the events for S2 are. I just know in my initial batch of S2 guys, I got a Hideo Itami and Emma, as whatever rarity tier the first/grey tier is called. So that's a good thing for sure.

I just lost my first match in S2 and was like "do I really want to dive into this again?" Knowing my stuff would be there if I went back later made it easy to go with uninstalling for now. But it's nice to see they've kept making changes to the game.

The NJPW show today was in Uwajima, which is quite remote, but is also the home town of young lion Sho Tanaka - it's the first time any wrestling promotion's been there in over a decade and the bus ride took 11 hours, which apparently all the old guys were ribbing Tanaka about the whole way there. He got to be on the 5th match of the card, post-intermission, and was in action for a good majority of the 8-man tag, surviving a beating from all four members of the Bullet Club team in turn before making the hot tag and, eventually, hitting a German suplex on the much larger Cody Hall to set-up Tanahashi for the High Fly Flow and the victory. The crowd reacted just as you'd expect to the match, a ton of support for young Tanaka, which was great to see. Tanahashi looked very proud of him, he's really coming into his own.

Truth be told, both Tanaka & Komatsu are more than ready to go on their learning excursions.

Aiii

So not worth it
Shit, did I miss the first Destruction show? I thought that was tomorrow?

Or did they broadcast a house show today?

Yeah, no worries - it was just a Road to Destruction today.

Destruction in Okayama is tomorrow at 8AM EU time, then Destruction in Kobe is on Sunday at 9AM EU time.

¡HarlequinPanic!;179608849 said:
Paige was kinda eh.

Nikki did pretty well twisting the knife right after though~

I loved that the Bellas just piled on right after Paige lit Charlotte on fire, just to be assholes

imBask

Banned
i'm the biggest fan of dumb shit in wrestling, I want the dumbest most Lucha Underground-esque plot twists

but that.
no.

when Abyss does the same thing on TNA you guys shit all over it

Kane shouldn't be anywhere near the champion ever, he shouldn't be anywhere near anyone, this is the darkest timeline

imBask

Banned
that's because Abyss is better than Kane

Big Show is better than Kane

Khali was better than Kane

I just don't want to see Kane

They should have played Demon/Korporate Kane more like Joseph Park, really.

i'm the biggest fan of dumb shit in wrestling, I want the dumbest most Lucha Underground-esque plot twists

but that.
no.

when Abyss does the same thing on TNA you guys shit all over it

Kane shouldn't be anywhere near the champion ever, he shouldn't be anywhere near anyone, this is the darkest timeline

spot the difference

img_0661.jpg

vidgrab_zps85b6f998.png

bjork

that's because Abyss is better than Kane

Big Show is better than Kane

Khali was better than Kane

I just don't want to see Kane

If you were stranded on an island and you had to pick between Kane and Bayley, who would you pick? Also: you have to eat the one you don't pick. There is no food on the island.

Top Bottom