• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

imBask

Banned
If you were stranded on an island and you had to pick between Kane and Bayley, who would you pick? Also: you have to eat the one you don't pick. There is no food on the island.

Kane's got a lot of meat, and i'm sure Bayley is a nice person outside of her wrestling persona

plus Kane would only talk about his libertarian stuff and i'd have to kill him after a while so

Browny

Banned
Bivatmx.png

100x120 snip, get in...

imBask

Banned
Show me the receipts, because the non-existent singular opinion in this thread loved that.

all presumption based on the general TNA hate

I have not read a single good thing about TNA anywhere in years other than "I wish EC3 was in WWE" or "I wish Angle was in WWE"

With Destruction in Okayama tonight, here's my predictions.

Sho Tanaka, Yohei Komatsu, Yuji Nagata & Katsuyori Shibata vs. Jay White, David Finlay Jr, Manabu Nakanishi & Tetsuya Naito:

Should be fun considering Shibata and Naito are in it, which will give us a preview of their Kobe showdown. Considering Naito is obviously taking that one (to build him up to face Tana for the WK10 title show at KOPW) I think Shibata's team takes it here, likely with Shibata kicking the face off of either Finlay or White.

Mascara Dorada & Jushin Liger vs. Bobby Fish & Kyle O’Reilly

A non-title match before reDRagon defends against the Time Splitters the next night, Liger and Dorada might actually make for a fun tag team. Still, no way they win here, but this should be a nice showcase of all four men.

NWA World Jr. Heavyweight Championship: Steve Anthony (c) vs. Tiger Mask IV

(Hopefully) the return of BRUCE THARPE DES~! Anyway, I haven't seen much of Anthony but the only reason I can see him coming to Japan is to job the title. The NWA title has basically been the title for the old guys, and Tiger Mask would be a perfect champion. Plus, we might get that Liger/Tiger match for the belt we never got when Liger was champ.

IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Championship: Satoshi Kojima & Hiroyoshi Tenzan vs. Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson

It's nice to see Tenkoji get a shot at the title, but it really shows the bad status the NJPW tag division is in when these two get a title shot, and the only other team that could deserve one is The Kingdom. This division needs some fresh blood and hopefully a now maskless La Sombra joining with Naito could create that, or maybe bring over TMDK from NOAH. Either way, Gallows and Gun are taking it.

Matt Sydal & Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Tama Tonga & Bad Luck Fale

Matt Sydal makes his NJPW debut and already gets a huge boon as he's teaming with Tanahashi. Obviously the focus will be again on Tanahashi and Fale's showdown in Kobe, but Sydal should get a lot of offense as well as NJPW sees him for the first time. Hopefully he'll also get the pin (on Tonga, obviously)

Alex Shelley, Ryusuke Taguchi, Captain New Japan, Tomoaki Honma & Hirooki Goto vs. Trent Baretta, Rocky Romero, YOSHI-HASHI, Tomohiro Ishii & Shinsuke Nakamura

Your usual 10 man clusterfuck, Nice to see Shelley back after his G1 injury followed up by his ROH injury, but he probably won't make much of an impact here. The only real feud here is Goto vs. Nakamura, and both teams have a token jobber (YOSHI-HASHI for CHAOS, and the Sekigun team has two with Captain and Honma), so whoever wins this match will have the disadvantage going into the Kobe main event. Since unfortunately I think Nak is winning, I'll pick Goto. Also hopefully Nak beats the fuck out of Taguchi again.

Toru Yano & Kazuchika Okada vs. Cody Hall & AJ Styles

You might has well put a red shirt on Cody Hall here, because the dude is fucked. Obviously this is to build to the KOPW main event of AJ vs. Okada, but Yano will probably still get his comedy shit in. Still, Cody's face is about to get rained on. Easiest pick of the night.

IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship: KUSHIDA (c) vs. Kenny Omega

This match is very interesting to me, because I can't really see where the Cleaner character can go from here. He's a great heel, but without the championship he just doesn't seem like a threat, and with KUSHIDA being built as the Jr. Ace I don't see him losing here. Could Omega be leaving the Bullet Club? And what's more, who would replace him? I have a pretty good idea, and you'll have to tune in next time :)

NEVER Openweight Championship: Togi Makabe (c) vs. Kota Ibushi

The NEVER title main eventing a major show is pretty mind-blowing to me, and this, despite being a giant clash of styles, actually could be pretty fun. Ibushi can get stiff when he wants to, and these two has a surprising good match in the G1. The title is currently doing nothing for Togi and he's still over without it, so you might as well bring back the original purpose of the title (for younger stars and outsiders), and give it to Ibushi here. Plus, with Shibata's victory over Ibushi in their fucking spectacular G1 match, he's got a ready-made feud when he wins. So yeah, Ibushi, new NEVER champ.

is Abyss still in TNA?

Now that I think about it I have never seen him wrestle elsewhere. Is he pretty involved with the running of TNA or something?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
jesus fucking lord god @ Xavier playing Rusev's theme.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sometime the trombone is going to overstay its welcome. I thought it would have by now, but it won't. So.

Casting bets on who breaks it?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So, question time for WrassleGAF:

Who is the most attractive Superstar?
Who is the most attractive Diva?

These must be current stars, and you can only pick one in each category.

Aiii

So not worth it
lol Cesaro? Attractive? You think so? Really?

Is it his smile?
HMBvMTR.png

I...stand corrected. He is a good looking guy.

Now mind you, I'm not attracted to men in the slightest, so I'm not the best judge: but as far as I'm concerned he's the most manly of men in WWE. I also respect he doesn't shave his body and as a fellow balding man I also appreciate his hair and beard combo.

And of course that physique.

Maybe there's a bit of Euro bias in there too, who knows?

kunonabi

So, question time for WrassleGAF:

Who is the most attractive Superstar?
Who is the most attractive Diva?

These must be current stars, and you can only pick one in each category.

Cesaro and Paige although this is probably one of the weakest rosters as far as good looking Divas goes. Not that it really matters since the wrestling talent is probably the best it's been with the all quality NXT wrestlers that have been called up.

Finished RAW before going to work and Seth got stooged out harder than an actual member of the Three Stooges. Running the HHH and Steph when Kane was mean to him, jobbing clean to Cena, and then getting terrorized by an executive with a grudge. I can't remember the last champ that was this weak.

On the other hand Rusev and New Day were soooo good. They and Brock are the only thing keeping me watching RAW right now.

Truth be told, both Tanaka & Komatsu are more than ready to go on their learning excursions.

They've been ready for most of 2015, New Japan just won't send them out until Kamaitachi and Watanabe come back next year. I guess part of the problem is that CMLL isn't ready to take a new guy yet.

jmdajr

Who do you think truly started the Divas Revolution?

52% Paige
7% Charlotte
1% Becky Lynch
9% Nikki Bella
1% Brie Bella
0% Alicia Fox
1% Naomi
5% Sasha Banks
1% Tamina
24% Stephanie McMahon

Top Bottom