• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

Fox318

Who do you think truly started the Divas Revolution?

52% Paige
7% Charlotte
1% Becky Lynch
9% Nikki Bella
1% Brie Bella
0% Alicia Fox
1% Naomi
5% Sasha Banks
1% Tamina
24% Stephanie McMahon

zQl9LsN.gif

So, question time for WrassleGAF:

Who is the most attractive Superstar?
Who is the most attractive Diva?

These must be current stars, and you can only pick one in each category.

Superstar: Sami Zayn, although Fandango is not far behind. Rusev is the dark horse third man.

Diva: Sasha Banks with a bullet for me, although I can understand how Alexa Bliss could be a close second. Emma is the dark horse third place candidate.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Sephzilla

Who do you think truly started the Divas Revolution?

52% Paige
7% Charlotte
1% Becky Lynch
9% Nikki Bella
1% Brie Bella
0% Alicia Fox
1% Naomi
5% Sasha Banks
1% Tamina
24% Stephanie McMahon

The real crime is Nikki Bella getting a higher percentage than THE BOSS

Fox318

The real answer is Charlotte and Nattie for their NXT match.

Thats probably what really got the ball moving especially considering Vince gave nattie a farting gimmick

jmdajr

Hey so what's all this hostility towards Paige. Pent up sexual frustration getting to you guys? Sorry, but you ain't having heated, hot angry sex with her. It's not gonna happen.

Well, at least EVOLVE isn't necessarily wasting Barretta and Romero on Nese and Konley in the next set of NY shows. However, the idea that EVOLVE should transition to focus on tag teams is dubious since its grappling-focused style really doesn't translate to tag wrestling.

I don't see this as 'focusing' on tag teams, just that they are going to have some parejas incredibles matches, which sounds pretty fun. Specifically the announced Thatcher / Perkins vs Roppongi Vice match is something I'll pay money for.

Dion314

Neo Member
Well, Brock is up against The Best Pure Striker In The WWE™, so he'll have to pull out all the stops.

Outside the ring, a few stair spots, perhaps break open the cage to be able to go outside the cage...

By which time I'll be asleep as it's going to be fucking pointless.

Yeah I'm just not excited for this at all. There's so many other fresh match ups for Brock and Taker really needs to retire. Hopefully this is the last one though as I'm not really trying to see Brock vs. Taker 100 at WM

Though...if that's the case, it does make me wonder what the plan will be for Brock thru SS-RR-WM

I don't see this as 'focusing' on tag teams, just that they are going to have some parejas incredibles matches, which sounds pretty fun. Specifically the announced Thatcher / Perkins vs Roppongi Vice match is something I'll pay money for.

The email said that "EVOLVE will start putting more emphasis on the tag team division" with an eye to create EVOLVE Tag Team Titles. They'll probably start with some parejas incredibles matches because the roster, quite frankly, doesn't have established teams other than the Premier Athlete Brand. They could pair some Catch Point guys together, but it'll be teams like Thatcher/Perkins for a while until they figure out whether they can put actual resources into building a tag team division.

The thing is, I still don't think EVOLVE's niche style works for tag team matches.

Verendus

Banned
Yeah I'm just not excited for this at all. There's so many other fresh match ups for Brock and Taker really needs to retire. Hopefully this is the last one though as I'm not really trying to see Brock vs. Taker 100 at WM

Though...if that's the case, it does make me wonder what the plan will be for Brock thru SS-RR-WM
After destroying Undertakah, he disappears until a surprise return at the Royal Rumble. He wins to go on to face the reigning, defending, undisputed champion Roman Reigns at Wrestlemania 32.

It makes sense. There is nobody on the roster right now who can win the Royal Rumble and headline Wrestlemania aside from Reigns. They're all a joke pretty much. It comes down to giving Roman a second win, or using Barack.

The email said that "EVOLVE will start putting more emphasis on the tag team division" with an eye to create EVOLVE Tag Team Titles. They'll probably start with some parejas incredibles matches because the roster, quite frankly, doesn't have established teams other than the Premier Athlete Brand. They could pair some Catch Point guys together, but it'll be teams like Thatcher/Perkins for a while until they figure out whether they can put actual resources into building a tag team division.

The thing is, I still don't think EVOLVE's niche style works for tag team matches.

They can start with these dudes

CNitbeYUwAA1U0I.jpg

KingBroly

Banned
Brock will throw him up there

No, he'll German him up there.

Right now, to me, Mania looks like this, or at least should:
- Brock v. Rock
- Roman v. Rollins (WHC)
- Ambrose v. Jericho
- Owens v. Zayn (IC Title)
- Wyatt v. Bryan
- The New Day v. The Usos (Tag Team Titles)
- Charlotte v. Sasha (Divas)
- Cena v. Taker (???)
- Jobber Battler Royal

Sephzilla

Paige/Emma? That's when the "Oh, the women can actually work" thing started.

Yeah, Paige vs Emma is honestly where the "revolution" really started if you trace it back. It was the first televised event on the WWE Network, NXT's first really huge event, and that's when everyone suddenly remembered women can work.

Heroman

Banned
No, he'll German him up there.

Right now, to me, Mania looks like this, or at least should:
- Brock v. Rock
- Roman v. Rollins (WHC)
- Ambrose v. Jericho
- Owens v. Zayn (IC Title)
- Wyatt v. Bryan
- The New Day v. The Usos (Tag Team Titles)
- Charlotte v. Sasha (Divas)
- Cena v. Taker (???)
- Jobber Battler Royal
Good list but I see hhh vs Seth at manina instead of Roman vs Seth.

Dion314

Neo Member
Apparently Sting's neck is OK after an MRI.

Great news. While it's commendable he wanted to put on a good show, he had no business bumping as much as he did at his age in the first place.

And yeah, they're planting the seeds for a Seth face turn against HHH.

Top Bottom