• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
No, he'll German him up there.

Right now, to me, Mania looks like this, or at least should:
- Brock v. Rock
- Roman v. Rollins (WHC)
- Ambrose v. Jericho
- Owens v. Zayn (IC Title)
- Wyatt v. Bryan
- The New Day v. The Usos (Tag Team Titles)
- Charlotte v. Sasha (Divas)
- Cena v. Taker (???)
- Jobber Battler Royal

I would be vaguely surprised if Finn Balor isn't around to crawl around the floor of Cowboys Stadium

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Brock kinda grosses me out when he wrestles. He sweats profusely, blades and gets away with it and drools all over the place. And his suplexes are mostly just him throwing the other guy across the ring as far as he can as opposed to actually performing a suplex.

Caderfix

Brock kinda grosses me out when he wrestles. He sweats profusely, blades and gets away with it and drools all over the place. And his suplexes are mostly just him throwing the other guy across the ring as far as he can as opposed to actually performing a suplex.

I actually like that. It's part of the character.

He's basically a monster with unmatched strength, and he does that very well.

Browny

Banned
(Been doing stickers with my daughter, running behind...)

Taker Punk and Taker Brock have been good is, but not great. And since the Streak is gone, there's no point to Taker. He can't put people over, Brock doesn't need the rub, it's all a bit sad really.

Yeah. It's great, isn't it?

jmdajr

If Taker was still in good health this would have been awesome.

It still is pretty epic storyline wise, but I fear for Taker's life.

klonere

Banned

He does explode in sweat more than any other human being I've ever seen but I think it all works.

He's a man entirely dedicated to fighting and hurting. He doesn't care how he looks doing it, he doesn't care about the spit and the blood (I think he cuts easily?) and sweat or the fact he has a dick on his chest. He just cares about putting his opponent down. He doesn't need fancy shit, he's such a genetic marvel he can just toss people over his head and that's better than a superplex into a falcon arrow followed by a frog splash. Because people sell for him and his intensity is off the charts.

jmdajr

x08Sp8O.jpg

Angry Grimace

I actually like that. It's part of the character.

He's basically a monster with unmatched strength, and he does that very well.

The actual problem I have with Brock is that nobody can credibly beat him because he's booked as invincible.

Oh wait, that's not Brock's fault, its everyone else being a huge chump

zychi

Banned
The actual problem I have with Brock is that nobody can credibly beat him because he's booked as invincible.

Except for wrestling Jesus, Cena*

*i witnessed Brock look like a chump in Chicago so I have seen it with my own eyes

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

I don't know. For someone who doesn't show up weekly, I don't think that's a huge problem. Makes him seem like a bigger deal and it makes his shows feel special. First time I've felt that way about a WWE wrestler since Andre in the early 80s.

Heroman

Banned
The only man that could and should have beat Lesnar is Bryan, still cant believe that they didnt do Brayan vs brock at mania it would have been so good.

The only man that could and should have beat Lesnar is Bryan, still cant believe that they didnt do Brayan vs brock at mania it would have been so good.

In a perfect post-Mania XXX world I would have liked to see Bryan be the one to slay the dragon - their monster heel vs. the most over face - but now? Even as a huge Bryan mark, no. Still want a match between them but Bryan has no business winning.

Barrage

Daniel Bryan is not buyable against Lesnar with the amount of mainstream attention Lesnar gets.

You can't have Bryan on SportsCentre talking to anchors who are six inches taller than him about how he's gonna beat Lesnar. It would look silly.

Do I think the match would be excellent? Of course. And any other month it would work. But in April, against Lesnar, it wouldn't.

Roman or Rock are the only choices for texas.

(I also hope they do a Lesnar-Orton match before either of them retire.)

Angry Grimace

That's the thing. They'll use him to try and build a legendary face. They're just waiting for an acceptable wrestler to push.

Yes, it was pretty meh.

He'll be like 50 by the time this legendary face comes along. I'm just saying, I don't see Sami Zayn beating Brock Lesnar in a fight.

Anyone else think that Paige promo was kinda meh?

She turns into mush-mouth when she tries to talk fast which makes he just sound like some drunk tumbling out of a pub looking for a fight. I don't think Paige is very good at working heel.

I don't hate Paige as an actress and wrestler, but I feel like her character needs a rewrite. I mean, its not as cringe-worthy as when they had her working as "psycho lesbian" (which is the most pandering gimmick ever), but still.

Verendus

Banned
ONE MAN

ALONE

BETRAYED BY THE FANS HE LOVES

Can't wait to start this campaign for the Road to Wrestlemania. It'll be bigger, better, and badder than ever. I have a good feeling, that this year, more people have accepted Roman as the rightful man to stand atop the WWE. The excitement is palpable.

Anth0ny

Daniel Bryan is not buyable against Lesnar with the amount of mainstream attention Lesnar gets.

You can't have Bryan on SportsCentre talking to anchors who are six inches taller than him about how he's gonna beat Lesnar. It would look silly.

silly? or get him more over as the underdog?

Heroman

Banned
Daniel Bryan has beaten both Cena and HHH clean the only people who have beaten Brock since his return, he also beat HHH , Orton and bootista in one night with a mess up arm he has more cred then 99% of the roster.

TraBuch

Banned
You're a kind man.

Paige didn't get to go full chav and unleash shit that would have made Christy Hemme blush, so, yes.

Yes, it was pretty meh.

She turns into mush-mouth when she tries to talk fast which makes he just sound like some drunk tumbling out of a pub looking for a fight. I don't think Paige is very good at working heel.
Okay, good, because I've been seeing "omfg pipebomb that was amazing" shit all over the internet and when I finally saw it, I was like "...that's it?"

Verendus

Banned
Guys, pls.

Daniel Bryan is retired now. Let him rest in pieces, and stop stirring up your emotions for this poor man who needs to rest, and take up gardening or something.

Angry Grimace

Daniel brayn has beaten both Cena and HHH clean the only people who have beaten Brock since his return, he also beat HHH , Orton and bootista in one night with a mess up arm he has more cred then 99% of the roster.

You're giving kayfabe credentials more credit than they deserve.

When its Wrestlemania, its a relatively small portion of the audience that even knows that Daniel Bryan beat John Cena clean at SummerSlam, or even cares. Orton and Batista being in the WM30 match made it more credible because they beat each other up for like 60% of the match while Bryan sold an injury, not because "wow bryan beat both of them up at the same time."

Cagey

Banned
What happened to Daniel Bryan at Wrestlemania and shortly afterward in terms of injuries should have put the "Bryan should have wrestled Lesnar!" debate to rest. Lesnar might have accidentally killed the man.

Okay, good, because I've been seeing "omfg pipebomb that was amazing" shit all over the internet and when I finally saw it, I was like "...that's it?"

Yeah, I mentioned that last night.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=179591273&postcount=13578

ONE MAN

ALONE

BETRAYED BY THE FANS HE LOVES

Can't wait to start this campaign for the Road to Wrestlemania. It'll be bigger, better, and badder than ever. I have a good feeling, that this year, more people have accepted Roman as the rightful man to stand atop the WWE. The excitement is palpable.

What if The Rock or one of the Usos calls him the Samoan equivalent of a "cornbread brother," whatever the hell that meant?

God bless the stupidity of NFL commentators.

Top Bottom