• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

Fox318

Hmm, Barrett is one of the most attractive dudes.

"HE'S GOT A NECK LIKE A STACK OF DIMES"

image.php

We all know who started the Diva Revolution...

BUX9n.gif

Possibly the most sincere use of that GIF I've seen.

That said, I was listening to Jericho's Sasha Banks interview earlier, she was saying even in NXT, they were being told to "wrestle like Divas", hair pulls and all. Then Sara Del Rey got hired and was like "What are you talking about? I'm training you like the guys."

jmdajr

20150921_RAW_LARGE_SethKanePhoto.jpg

edit: Despite the hate. Kane actually looked like he was having fun last night.

Is too bad D. Bry is fucked. Team Hell No could heat up the tag division even more.

STARDOM is running a few shows in SoCal next month, and I'm kinda interested. Are there any good events (preferably recent) I should check out? I've never really watched it before

Still shocked there is someone else in here who watches Championship wrestling from Hollywood besides me.

sf2fanatic also watches!

to be fair, I don't watch regularly, but i'll catch a couple episodes at a time since i back the Patreon. I do wanna check the 5th Anniversary show tho

klonere

Banned
Why I love Seth rollins, daniel age 8

I love when Seth runs around backstage looking for mommy and daddy it really helps me buy into his character of a confident, cocky guy who can wrestle twice in one night and look great. Him being an absolute bottom bitch a naive young man who is trying to figure out how to look after himself makes sense and I am glad that Steph and HHH are their to look after him like a suckling calf like responsible adults, which Seth is not. This teaches kids to always listen to their parents. Truly a character that can carry the whole show as he has been expected to do on multiple occasions.

What is even better is when he loses 3 time completely clean (1 of those times completely killing a famous finisher of an adored performer) by a midcard belt holder and beats once that self same person via a comedian with a chair. This shows he is a sharing, caring person not only letting others win but also letting people who are just celebrity fans help him win.

THere is nothing better than making the World belt feel like a midcard accessory and elevating midcard belts because then everyone is more or less the same which is equality and that is good. It is also good when very old men keep coming back to beat him up a lot because that shows he respects his elders. That is why I love Seth Rollins.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I would have preferred actual insane person Kane to "pretending to be insane" Kane

Still shocked there is someone else in here who watches Championship wrestling from Hollywood besides me.
From what I heard from a buddy, some of their episodes on the Patriot site has Cena and Punk in it. I haven't watched in about a month. Is that Pretty Boy Peter still TV champ? Or Vermin got all the titles back?

Sephzilla

Not in my opinion. The Undertaker entrance for sure was.

image.php

HHH vs Taker at WM27 is okay. The entire ending of that match plus the "I won the war" shit was dumb as hell though. Their match at WM28 had to have every gimmick in the book thrown at it plus HBK as a ref BECAUSE REMEMBER THE BETTER MATCHES HBK HAD WITH TAKER in order to make it interesting. Plus HHH vs Taker at WM28 is probably the worst instance of finish spam in WWE history.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nothing makes the US title look strong like the guy that just lost it practically refuse a rematch to get it back and then attempting to quit mid-match

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Madusa is over in Japan visiting with STARDOM, wonder what's cookin.

No, he'll German him up there.

Right now, to me, Mania looks like this, or at least should:
- Brock v. Rock
- Roman v. Rollins (WHC)
- Ambrose v. Jericho
- Owens v. Zayn (IC Title)
- Wyatt v. Bryan
- The New Day v. The Usos (Tag Team Titles)
- Charlotte v. Sasha (Divas)
- Cena v. Taker (???)
- Jobber Battler Royal

this is a terrifying card aside from maybe Cena/Taker.

jmdajr

image.php

HHH vs Taker at WM27 is okay. The entire ending of that match plus the "I won the war" shit was dumb as hell though. Their match at WM28 had to have every gimmick in the book thrown at it plus HBK as a ref BECAUSE REMEMBER THE BETTER MATCHES HBK HAD WITH TAKER in order to make it interesting. Plus HHH vs Taker at WM28 is probably the worst instance of finish spam in WWE history.

I have no issue with it being booked as sort of "quadrilogy." I think it was smart booking. I don't think it's dumb. And those matches with HHH were more fights than traditional matches.

Punk HHH was solid, but it didn't feel epic to me.

No, he'll German him up there.

Right now, to me, Mania looks like this, or at least should:
- Brock v. Rock
- Roman v. Rollins (WHC)
- Ambrose v. Jericho
- Owens v. Zayn (IC Title)
- Wyatt v. Bryan
- The New Day v. The Usos (Tag Team Titles)
- Charlotte v. Sasha (Divas)
- Cena v. Taker (???)
- Jobber Battler Royal

No Sheamus money in the bank? So he cashes in before or after?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
How was JBL's Legends thing last night? I haven't watched yet. Wonder what people think.

klonere

Banned
The jake Roberts Steve Austin podcast should be required listening for all aspiring pro wrestlers

I think someone in NXT started listening to these podcasts very closely recently because last week for the first time I can remember actually the tag ropes rule being enforced.

But yes, both the Hall and Jake podcasts are both excellent for different reasons.

Top Bottom