• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

Sephzilla

Are there people who still seriously believe that Daniel Bryan couldn't have been a threat to Lesnar after Bryan beat Cena, HHH, Orton, and Batista?

Verendus

Banned
If Batista was 7 years younger, his match against Barack would probably be the biggest match Barack has ever had, except for The Rock. It could've been Batista vs. Undertaker, but on steroids. It would've been great.

That's the sad thing about life. It's all about timing.

Heroman

Banned
If Batista was 7 years younger, his match against Barack would probably be the biggest match Barack has ever had, except for The Rock. It could've been Batista vs. Undertaker, but on steroids. It would've been great.

That's the sad thing about life. It's all about timing.

Batista was going to fight Barack Obama ?

Verendus

Banned
Batista was going to fight Barack Obama ?
Yes, for the presidency of the United States of America.

Edit:

They made Bryan lose to Ziggler? Holy crap. That guy is the jobber of all jobbers. It doesn't even make sense. Ziggler shouldn't be beating anyone except for, like, that tag team that wears the masks.

daemissary

I didn't mind the Paige turn/promo but I really think it should've been Sasha instead.

Maybe I'm just paranoid but I feel like Sasha is gonna get Cesaro'ed where they put her on the backburner to save a feud with her and Charlotte but in the meantime she is just treading water and loses her momentum.

People didn't like the Paige promo? The whole "Diva's Revolution" just felt like the same BellaPaige show except now with special guests "these other women from NXT." Team PCB needed to break up and they need to allow these women to stand on their own.

The only thing that ruined it was the "this is my house!" she spouted off as she was walking out. She needs to stop doing that.

Caderfix

Honestly, after beating all those dudes, losing to Ziggler and Roman is not an issue, specially if you take in consideration brock couldn't pin Roman at Mania, and he actually started a come back.

Roman looks strong and no one remembers Ziggler, ever. So Bryan would do fine.

Verendus

Banned
This is like Batista jobbing to Rene Dupree.

This is like The Rock jobbing to X-Pac.

This is like Stone Cold Steve Austin jobbing to the Big Bossman.

It didn't happen, because it would be insane. Once you're at the top, you can't be losing to jobbers. Ziggler sucks man. His character is shit, his mic skills are shit, he's been a jobber forever, and he's basically only good as a ring performer.

Bryan had such a cool jacket.

7910201_orig.jpg

Bryan was a cool dude.

You guys are acting as if wins and losses are taken seriously in WWE.

Any excuse to speak ill of Bryan really. So sad, hasn't he suffered enough?

Verendus

Banned
You guys are acting as if wins and losses are taken seriously in WWE.
I think they are.

There's a reason why Batista only ever lost to Undertaker cleanly at Wrestlemania 23 when he was a face, yet beat everyone else whether it was Undertaker at other events, Cena, Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Edge, or Orton.

The same reason why Cena didn't lose to anyone except the absolute top guys like Batista, Shawn, or Triple H.

It helps your credibility. Top faces only ever lose in dirty ways, and lose clean only to the very best, but they still end up on top overall. Constant back and forth with booking, or pushing someone to the top only to let them fall again, just kills that superstar's aura. Bryan is still incredibly over, so it doesn't matter as much, but that logic displayed in that match with Ziggler is one of the serious issues WWE has. They don't commit properly.

You gotta commit, and not quit, because that's the way to keep it legit. Know what I'm saying?

Mahonay

Banned
I think they are.

There's a reason why Batista only ever lost to Undertaker cleanly at Wrestlemania 23 when he was a face, yet beat everyone else whether it was Undertaker at other events, Cena, Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Edge, or Orton.

The same reason why Cena didn't lose to anyone except the absolute top guys like Batista, Shawn, or Triple H.

It helps your credibility. Top faces only ever lose in dirty ways, and lose clean only to the very best, but they still end up on top overall. Constant back and forth with booking, or pushing someone to the top only to let them fall again, just kills that superstar's aura. Bryan is still incredibly over, so it doesn't matter as much, but that logic displayed in that match with Ziggler is one of the serious issues WWE has. They don't commit properly.

You gotta commit, and not quit, because that's the way to keep it legit. Know what I'm saying?
You're absolutely right. Vince's obsession with even-steven booking is one of the major issues with the current product and why people are tuning out of RAW.

Verendus

Banned
Just think if they gave up on Cena two months after his backlash back in 2005, and had him losing cleanly to a bunch of jobbers, instead of having him steamroll the roster for two and a half years to drive into everyone's mind that they had to accept him. Just think. He wouldn't be a big deal if they didn't do that. You have to force your way sometimes, but you never quit.

Quitters quit, and that ain't you!

Rocky said that.

Sephzilla

Still sort of disappointed he didn't do anything as flashy for Mania 30. Other than those new boots, dude should've entered with his Yes Movement goons at least. Ehh whatever beggars can't be choosers.

I'm convinced that Bryan was actively trying to see how shitty he could make himself look yet still be over. The awful hair. The awful beard. His WM30 boots were bad looking too.

Barrage

One of these days i'm gonna publish the blog post I wrote about how 1998 WWF was the perfect way of booking: Take your Top Six guys (four main eventers, two up-and-comers), commit to them fully, and only have them ever lose clean to each other. At the end of the day it makes everyone stronger.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I didn't mind the Paige turn/promo but I really think it should've been Sasha instead.

Maybe I'm just paranoid but I feel like Sasha is gonna get Cesaro'ed where they put her on the backburner to save a feud with her and Charlotte but in the meantime she is just treading water and loses her momentum.

The problem is that the Women's division is entirely split into these dumb factions. The A-story needs to be whoever the No. 1 contender is vs. the champ and the B-story is the rest of the women trying to make it to No. 1 contender. Instead, its just random irrelevant inter-factional fighting that has no actual meaning or reason to happen because the factions themselves don't have any reason to exist.

This is like Stone Cold Steve Austin jobbing to the Big Bossman.

How could this have even been possible after the Undertaker murdered the Big Bossman in the ring and nobody said anything about it

Dion314

Neo Member
One of these days i'm gonna publish the blog post I wrote about how 1998 WWF was the perfect way of booking: Take your Top Six guys (four main eventers, two up-and-comers), commit to them fully, and only have them ever lose clean to each other. At the end of the day it makes everyone stronger.

Very smart idea. The roster is probably the most stacked it's been since the AE. Maybe even more if you consider the folks coming up thru NXT. The fact that theres STILL no clear cut, credible main eventers besides Cena and guys FROM the AE is a shame.

Top Bottom