• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

Who cares,about bryan. Its a Ru day

tumblr_nv22xkZQms1saykaxo3_400.gif
Such a beautiful gif. The amount of fuckery that these four are involved in is amazing. #RuDayRocks
Batista buried in off-topic
He should be buried more often around these parts.

thefro

I didn't mind the Paige turn/promo but I really think it should've been Sasha instead.

Maybe I'm just paranoid but I feel like Sasha is gonna get Cesaro'ed where they put her on the backburner to save a feud with her and Charlotte but in the meantime she is just treading water and loses her momentum.

They clearly have long-term plans to push Sasha (unlike Cesaro), which is probably why they're keeping her away from Charlotte and Becky. If anything she's getting a long run with the belt.

Sabucin

This WrasstleGaf community have more gimmick/trolls accounts that real wrestling fans willing to discuss about our beloved sport. What a shame.

Fox318

Oh my god the first 10 seconds of this JBL show sounds like its Vince.

Hey Vince!! you stole world champs from territories and used them to make stars. Eric stole the worst drawing champ the WWE ever had and a midcarder and made them the biggest moneymakers ever.

I think it's sad some of you can't let go

The grave's been lowered, it's been months, don't dig up the body and attempt life support. There's nothing but worms.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Very smart idea. The roster is probably the most stacked it's been since the AE. Maybe even more if you consider the folks coming up thru NXT. The fact that theres STILL no clear cut, credible main eventers besides Cena and guys FROM the AE is a shame.

The actual answer is they legit don't know how to get a guy over in the internet era. They don't actually know how Bryan got over.

Sephzilla

Oh my god the first 10 seconds of this JBL show sounds like its Vince.

Hey Vince!! you stole world champs from territories and used them to make stars. Eric stole the worst drawing champ the WWE ever had and a midcarder and made them the biggest moneymakers ever.

Hey man, Scott Hall is quite possibly the best midcarder ever.

But really, all of the whining WWE does about WCW buying out their talent is comically hypocritical considering Vince did the exact same thing to the territories. The only difference is that Vince was legit trying to put others out of business while Ted was only trying to put WWF out of business in Vince's mind

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Speaking of Bryan, there's a new interview where he talks about his concussions and all that shit but more importantly he gives his FAVE FIVE

Basically what I get from this is Bryan is totally coming back, they're just waiting to use him as bait to get people to watch some shit-tier late-fall PPV, like, "oh hey guys Daniel Bryan is gonna be on Team Roman Reigns at Survivor Series where he'll be in the match for approximately 40 seconds, and spend 5 minutes doing yes chants"

Just look at the strategy they're employing:

SummerSlam: old school part-timers
NOC: Stinger's back
HIAC: old-school part-timers

Basically every PPV has some kind of hype-gimmick. When Bryan's coming back, that's totally how they'll do it.

Verendus

Banned
I think it's sad some of you can't let go

The grave's been lowered, it's been months, don't dig up the body and attempt life support. There's nothing but worms.
It's okay Sweeney.

The time is going to come when they'll accept Roman Reigns as the rightful number one top doggity dog in the company. It just requires a little patience, but we're almost there.

Soon.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Vince "Haha I can't believe they mentioned Foley winning the title on their show and giving me rartings how foolish. By the way 3 years ago I ran a weekly 15 minute promo about how you can see the two most famous wrestlers in the world on a different channel. I'm a genius!" McMahon

Sephzilla

The actual answer is they legit don't know how to get a guy over in the internet era. They don't actually know how Bryan got over.

From the company that thought that the original incarnation of The New Day would be super over this is not shocking

-- They thought original New Day would get over and didnt.
-- They thought Rock raising Roman's hand would help him get over and it didnt.
-- They think losing to Cena helps someone get over.
-- They turned Daniel Bryan into a face template #78 once he actually got a main event push
-- They straight up never fucking understood what got Sandow over
-- We're currently witnessing how creative never understood how Lana got over

Yeah, I fully believe Vince and WWE creative don't know how to get talent over in the 21st century.

Basically what I get from this is Bryan is totally coming back, they're just waiting to use him as bait to get people to watch some shit-tier late-fall PPV, like, "oh hey guys Daniel Bryan is gonna be on Team Roman Reigns at Survivor Series where he'll be in the match for approximately 40 seconds, and spend 5 minutes doing yes chants"

Just look at the strategy they're employing:

SummerSlam: old school part-timers
NOC: Stinger's back
HIAC: old-school part-timers

Basically every PPV has some kind of hype-gimmick. When Bryan's coming back, that's totally how they'll do it.

I've noticed the trend too. I'm happy they're at least trying to make these events special.

I fully believe everything you said will happen. Save this post.

It's okay Sweeney.

The time is going to come when they'll accept Roman Reigns as the rightful number one top doggity dog in the company. It just requires a little patience, but we're almost there.

Soon.

Being with Ambrose constantly and now Orton is starting to make dissent rise again in a more deserved way this time. He needs to say no more to this shit now and get back on the quest

I can't be too mad though. Over the past 5 weeks we had 0 Kane segments. Last night we had 5. 5 times as much Kane as before.

If Reigns can't be the hero we need, Kane can.

If they didn't have the MTV connection in 1985 We'd be talking AWA and NWA instead of WWE.

Spoiler: AWA and NWA would have still had Cesaro job constantly to big guys

The only way he gets close to the title run any of us want is if he quits and goes to ROH or Japan

jmdajr

Random.

Episode 3 is underrated. Had not seen it since it came on DVD. Yes DVD.
Seems Episode 1 and 2 are just....a bumpy a fuck road to get to the movie he really wanted to make.

That is all.

Sephzilla

Indeed I am sir.

Episode 3 isn't bad but it's kind of hurt by trying to play some catch up on the shit the other movies should have been doing, so it's generally bogged down by the weight of the previous two movies sucking. The only thing I genuinely dislike about Episode 3 are the completely ridiculous and stupid lightsaber fights because they're all flash and no substance Indie Wrestling Jedi Fights. I'm not a fan of the prequels but I actually think they could have been a lot better with a few simple changes, one of them being George Lucas not directing them.

imBask

Banned
Episode 1 is a disaster
Episode 2 is a disaster times 1000
Episode 3 is ok
Episode 4 is good but aged poorly
Episode 5 is a masterpiece
Episode 6 is great

Episode 7 should be good because Lucas isn't in charge

jmdajr

The flashy duels don't bother me. I mean makes not much sense with continuity, but the stakes are up these days.

Curious to see how the new movies handle this.

edit: The trailer for episode 4, the original, is fucking AWFUL. Just funny how they used to sell movies.

Top Bottom