• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

Aiii

So not worth it
I am just so happy that Dario Cueto is gonna be back in our lives.

Life is better when Dario Cueto is a thing that exists.

Being with Ambrose constantly and now Orton is starting to make dissent rise again in a more deserved way this time. He needs to say no more to this shit now and get back on the quest

I can't be too mad though. Over the past 5 weeks we had 0 Kane segments. Last night we had 5. 5 times as much Kane as before.

If Reigns can't be the hero we need, Kane can.

5 x 0 = 0 though

Sephzilla

The flashy duels don't bother me. I mean makes not much sense with continuity, but the stakes are up these days.

Curious to see how the new movies handle this.

Considering JJ Abrams has been doing everything possible to make Episode 7 look more like an original trilogy movie I have a feeling we're going to see more classic styled lightsaber duels.

Episode 1 is a disaster
Episode 2 is a disaster times 1000
Episode 3 is ok
Episode 4 is good but aged poorly
Episode 5 is a masterpiece
Episode 6 is great

Episode 7 should be good because Lucas isn't in charge

It's not a coincidence that the best two Star Wars movies are the ones Lucas didn't direct.

jmdajr

Losing my mind about Star Wars because I have actively stayed in the dark regarding the latest release and yet sites like IGN and yahoo continuously blast spoilers in titles even regarding rumors for future films.

I click on nothing. I need to know nothing. I know I'm going even if it's 0 percent on Rotten.

Aiii

So not worth it
Random.

Episode 3 is underrated. Had not seen it since it came on DVD. Yes DVD.
Seems Episode 1 and 2 are just....a bumpy a fuck road to get to the movie he really wanted to make.

That is all.

3 is pretty damn good, definitely on level with 6

3 also happens to have the best OST of all six movies.

jmdajr

3 is pretty damn good, definitely on level with 6

3 also happens to have the best OST of all six movies.

About the only bad thing is the dialogue really. I mean all I had was the shitty DVD and it still looked good on my 65 inch Plasma. Other CG movies have aged way worse.

Sephzilla

Right but what I'm saying is some sites blatantly spoil everything on their front page even if you don't click the article. They have an article up on IGN right now regarding a cameo for Episode 8 revealed in the title alone. Unavoidable.

IGN has always been terrible about that. Either their titles or thumbnail photos blatantly spoil whatever it is they're talking about

jmdajr

TaylorSwiftNo.gif

Nothing in Episode 3 even remotely sniffs the awesomeness of the Throne Room duel between Vader and Luke. Nothing.

I never put together the parralel of the Throne Duel in 6, and the Duel in the beginning of 3.
I mean it's obvious but I just didn't think of it.

imBask

Banned
tumblr_mdg8c3WvtV1rqkkzco1_r1_400.gif

god damn hackfraud

jmdajr

There was a thread the other day asking what was the best lightsaber battle. I don't care how flashy your style and fight choreography are, if there is nothing at stake, it is meaningless. Three movies built up to that throne room vader/luke scene. Darth Maul/Quigon was just a circus act.

Well technically the prequels did the same. I think it's unfair to say Anakin vs Obi meant nothing. It's just, like they said, having to make up for two poor previous movies.

Sephzilla

There was a thread the other day asking what was the best lightsaber battle. I don't care how flashy your style and fight choreography are, if there is nothing at stake, it is meaningless. Three movies built up to that throne room vader/luke scene. Darth Maul/Quigon was just a circus act.

The Darth Maul fight is the best prequel lightsaber fight. Choreography is on point without looking like a fucking cartoon. Also, Maul's dual bladed saber is pure fucking hype the first time you see it. They really shouldn't have killed him off in the first movie, he would have been a cool villain to have the entire prequel trilogy and (as much as I hate to say it) Christopher Lee was a downgrade

Everything in episode 3 is way above anything Ewok's though.

Ewoks are the most overhated thing in the entire franchise. People are just salty that Endor wasnt a Wookie planet even though it makes complete sense that the Empire would build the Death Star shield generator around a village of teddy bears.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Episode 3 isn't bad but it's kind of hurt by trying to play some catch up on the shit the other movies should have been doing, so it's generally bogged down by the weight of the previous two movies sucking. The only thing I genuinely dislike about Episode 3 are the completely ridiculous and stupid lightsaber fights because they're all flash and no substance Indie Wrestling Jedi Fights. I'm not a fan of the prequels but I actually think they could have been a lot better with a few simple changes, one of them being George Lucas not directing them.

flippy indie (lightsaber) shit

Sephzilla

No argument from me there. I don't HATE the Ewoks, but they were getting their asses kicked by Teddy Bears. These Storm troopers took out the Jedi!

Stormtroopers in the entire original trilogy always sucked. Why should that change in Jedi? Ewoks are consistently portrayed as cuddly but bloodthirsty motherfuckers throughout Return of the Jedi - they were about to fucking eat Luke and Han alive before Luke did some Force bullshit. Why are people so surprised that they suddenly could beat the fuck out of Stormtroopers that didn't do jack shit for three movies?

jmdajr

I never minded the prequels light saber battles. I thought they were some of the better things about the movies.

It wasn't until I hit the inter web that people said I should hate them.

I still don't hate them. Sure not as serious as Empire or Jedi, but the stuff in A New Hope is Crap. Granted there was no exactions for anything yet.

edit: Note. Anakin got fucked using the same move Obi used to kill Dath Maul. Don't steal my spot yo!

Stormtroopers in the entire original trilogy always sucked. Why should that change in Jedi? Ewoks are consistently portrayed as cuddly but bloodthirsty motherfuckers throughout Return of the Jedi - they were about to fucking eat Luke and Han alive before Luke did some Force bullshit. Why are people so surprised that they suddenly could beat the fuck out of Stormtroopers that didn't do jack shit for three movies?

talkin' tough for the ewoks for they cannot talk themselves.

Sephzilla

star wars has aged flawlessly

Hamill's acting kind of sucks in A New Hope. Carrie Fisher's accent appears and disappears throughout the movie. Alec Guiness clearly doesn't want to be there. Darth Vader is a glorified side character in the movie. The movie's pacing is kind of wonky. All of the characters are pretty damn two dimensional with the exception of Han Solo. I love the OT but really the first movie has problems.

jmdajr

No doubt Troopers were fucking SAWFT. Maybe the Clone DNA just started degenerating over time.

galvatron

-- They thought original New Day would get over and didnt.
-- They thought Rock raising Roman's hand would help him get over and it didnt.
-- They think losing to Cena helps someone get over.
-- They turned Daniel Bryan into a face template #78 once he actually got a main event push
-- They straight up never fucking understood what got Sandow over
-- We're currently witnessing how creative never understood how Lana got over

Yeah, I fully believe Vince and WWE creative don't know how to get talent over in the 21st century.

It's not just failing to know how people got over. It's also not letting them continue to do whatever it was that got them over. You don't need to canonize people and it actively hurts underdog's/people's champ types to try to do so.

The craziest part is that this is the Cena routine to the letter! Dude has been an underdog superman for like 15 years and is never embraced (in story) by the evil corporation. They even stopped trying to silence the boos years ago. Why can't they let it be for more gimmicks?

RAW ratings continue to be death. Can't wait until they put HHH back in the ring

WWE ENTERTAINMENT 8:00 PM 3.420 Million 1.2
WWE ENTERTAINMENT 9:00 PM 3.368 Million 1.1
WWE ENTERTAINMENT 10:00 PM 3.260 Million 1.2

Penguin

RAW ratings continue to be death. Can't wait until they put HHH back in the ring

Jeebsus, I think more than anything it's that the show continues to decline... like there's not enough interest for the people who start at 8pm

What can they do to turn around the spiral?

And don't say Cena, he was in the show-long advertised main event!

Sephzilla

it's only going to get worse. WWE is full on into the "we dont give a shit" part of their year and football season just started

somedevil

Raw Averaged 3.349 million viewers. Down 530,000 viewers compared to last year.

Not sure what can be done. They are losing viewers due to DVR and football. Can't wait till the ratings when Brock shows back up in Oct

Jeebsus, I think more than anything it's that the show continues to decline... like there's not enough interest for the people who start at 8pm

What can they do to turn around the spiral?

And don't say Cena, he was in the show-long advertised main event!

Nothing short of raw going back to an hour. They are loosng fans and not creating any new ones.

Wwe is not accesable at all to new fans

Tank Abbott is still crazy

tank-abbott-ronda-rousey.jpg

Star Wars in general has aged poorly for me. No desire to rewatch those movies.

hate to admit it, but it's true

girlfriend had only seen the prequels and wanted to watch the OG trilogy before the new one came out, so I put on the first, I thought it was fine, but Empire's the best... Put on Empire. It's fine. Have yet to make it to Jedi. A lot of the magic is gone for me and that's OK.

Sephzilla

Hey guys I thought this was the WRESTLING thread not the Mario Maker and Star Wars superthread.

The Raw ratings just got posted, it's not like most of the people in this thread are actually watching WWE right now anyway.

USA won't like numbers like this and cable tv is the only reason WWE is profitable so I expect to see some weird shit the next few weeks.

Vince-Super-Pissed-600x250-520x220.jpg

GET SHAEMUS IN HERE AND TELL HIM WE'RE CASHING IN HIS CONTRACT TONIGHT. HOT SHOTTING THE BELT WORKED IN THE ATTITUDE ERA THAT MEANS IT WILL WORK NOW, DAMNIT

Top Bottom