• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

Shiv47

viewership will probably drop below 3 million at some point this year

thank god. something needs to change.

They need some kind of total re-think, if it's even possible to change at this point. Raw is just water treading tedium between PPVs, of which you'll already have seen most of the matches multiple times already if you do actually watch Raw.

The Raw rating is deserved, I fell asleep during the Naomi/Natalya match. WWE is actually very fortunate that MNF doesn't get the chance to swap out for better games like SNF does.

Fox318

Raw Averaged 3.349 million viewers. Down 530,000 viewers compared to last year.

Not sure what can be done. They are losing viewers due to DVR and football. Can't wait till the ratings when Brock shows back up in Oct

Even when Brock was back after summerslam the numbers were down.

3 hour raws are killing the company and they need to do something about it.

Virgil ‏@TheRealVirgil 32m32 minutes ago
Now accepting booking for 2016! Ppv parties, official bodyguard for stags/events, signings,Olive Garden experiences,

CPiM6l7WgAAr4Tu.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The Raw ratings just got posted, it's not like most of the people in this thread are actually watching WWE right now anyway.

To be fair, I don't have to actually be playing Skyrim to call it complete trash.

They must see it as a net negative if they lost an hour of commercial time by reducing RAW's runtime. It's doubly worse if they do go to 2 hour RAWS and ratings don't improve much.

jmdajr

All the shows competing

NFL REGULAR SEASON Live ESPN 8:15 PM 12479 4.7
LOVE & HIP HOP HLLYWD 2 VH1 8:00 PM 2562 1.4
SPORTSCENTER: Live ESPN 11:37 PM 3120 1.4
WWE ENTERTAINMENT USA 8:00 PM 3420 1.2
WWE ENTERTAINMENT USA 10:00 PM 3260 1.2
WWE ENTERTAINMENT USA 9:00 PM 3368 1.1
BLACK INK CREW 3 VH1 9:00 PM 2049 1.1
FAMILY GUY ADSM 11:30 PM 2006 1.0
FAMILY GUY ADSM 11:00 PM 1899 1.0
REAL HOUSEWIVES OF OC BRVO 9:00 PM 1850 0.8
MONDAY NIGHT COUNTDOWN L ESPN 6:00 PM 1877 0.8

prime time networks

CBS The Big Bang Theory -P 4.5 16 17.48
NBC The Voice -P 3.5 11 12.10
ABC Dancing With the Stars 1.8 6 11.62
FOX Gotham -P 1.6 5 4.49

Scheduled TV watching is way down overall I think.

Melissa Santos from LU did a Periscope miniQ&A. Tapings in late Oct and early Nov, plan is to be back on air in January, and if you're a
Rey
fan, you're going to be happy for what they have in store

somedevil

Its hard to go back to 2 when they are getting paid well to do 3 hours.

As for Lucha does this effect Ricochet and him doing New Japan dates?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I did play Skyrim and it was terrible, but I stopped. Still terrible. It's ok though, that scratches a certain itch. It's like scratching an open world RPG itch with a tissue, not a back scratcher.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Air NXT the first hour of Raw. Make the actual Raw portion 2 hours

Problem with that is the advertisers and USA have paid for Raw, not NXT. It sounds small but it's a huge thing. "Well we no longer have 3 hours of the longest running show on whatever"

Fox318

Its hard to go back to 2 when they are getting paid well to do 3 hours.

As for Lucha does this effect Ricochet and him doing New Japan dates?

they are getting paid for programming. Maybe they can run NXT or create something else.

They are writing for 1 hour raws anyway. They stretch out the shows so much with padding and recaps.

Problem with that is the advertisers and USA have paid for Raw, not NXT. It sounds small but it's a huge thing. "Well we no longer have 3 hours of the longest running show on whatever"

There would be a short term revenue hit to moving back to two hours but they have to suck it up. Three hours is killing the audience and the long term damage far outweighs the short term impact. USA may want to keep going for several more months to line up replacement programming but they need to start talking about it now.

Sephzilla

I doubt advertisers would actually know there's a difference or care. They are just paying for advertising on a 3 hour block of WWE television on USA. They only care about whether or not people are seeing their advertisements.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I doubt advertisers would actually know there's a difference or care. They are just paying for advertising on a 3 hour block of WWE television on USA.

I've heard it talked about a ton by Court Bauer, who does the TV and advertiser side of things and is experienced in it, and says it absolutely does matter when it comes to contracts - they'd say "I paid for this, and you're trying to give me this? Fuck you"

Discussion point that doesn't come up much:

What's a good wrestling billing address?

Death Valley
Hollywood, CA
Stone Mountain, GA

I did like Monty Brown's The Serengeti, Mankind's Boiler Room, and Oz's The Emerald City.

Deuce and Domino's The Other Side of the Tracks cracked me up a few times.

Duke Droese hailed from Mt. Trashmore, Florida, which is a real place.

And who can forget Juan Cena's West Newbarnia, Mexico?

Aiii

So not worth it
There would be a short term revenue hit to moving back to two hours but they have to suck it up. Three hours is killing the audience and the long term damage far outweighs the short term impact. USA may want to keep going for several more months to line up replacement programming but they need to start talking about it now.

While a fine theory, I watched a few 90 minute Raw's on Hulu Plus and those aren't that much better either. Raw will still suck, just suck for an hour less and with less good wrestling and more squashes.

Sephzilla

Yeah, NXT on USA would only really work if there's no outside mingling with the product. Aka - no Vince or Dunn.

But I can't believe NXT would do worse than Raw right now. NXT at least fucking tries to put out an interesting product and generally succeeds. Raw doesn't and that's why ratings are down.

Yeah, NXT on USA would only really work if there's no outside mingling with the product. Aka - no Vince or Dunn.

But I can't believe NXT would do worse than Raw right now. NXT at least fucking tries to put out an interesting product and generally succeeds. Raw doesn't and that's why ratings are down.

As terrible as RAW is doing, it still has the big names. It still has Cena. And Sting. And Taker. And Brock. NXT has none of that mainstream traction. It would absolutely do worse. I think you guys are crazy overestimating how popular NXT is, especially beyond the IWC and hardcore fans. Obviously it's not a 1:1 comparison due to the network it's on, but Lucha Underground has a lot of the same type of hype and demo as NXT (and deservedly so, it's fantastic) but it's ratings are miniscule compared to even bad WWE numbers.

Top Bottom