• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

jmdajr

But are Network numbers healthy?

Anyhow these days I watch almost zero scheduled programming. Only exceptions are WWE PPVs and Football.

And if I still had cable...maybe a Trump debate.

Sephzilla

As terrible as RAW is doing, it still has the big names. It still has Cena. And Sting. And Taker. And Brock. NXT has none of that mainstream traction. It would absolutely do worse. I think you guys are crazy overestimating how popular NXT is, especially beyond the IWC and hardcore fans.

I don't think any of these guys have actually helped ratings at all. This also hits right on the problem Raw is having. All of their bankable stars are part timers besides Cena and barely show up on TV. NXT is at least trying to make some new stars for its show and have some interesting characters - which is what brings in people and keeps them around. Nobody is going to tune into Raw when the everyday roster is an entire generation of midcarders.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't think any of these guys have actually helped ratings at all. This also hits right on the problem Raw is having. All of their bankable stars are part timers besides Cena and barely show up on TV. NXT is at least trying to make some new stars for its show and have some interesting characters - which is what brings in people and keeps them around. Nobody is going to tune into Raw when the everyday roster is an entire generation of midcarders.

Who and who isn't a midcarder is kind of in their control, though. If Ambrose and Reigns are your guys, stop booking them together as generic babyfaces in the dumbest feud of the year.

I don't even get where that's going btw, what the fuck was supposed to be the deal with Jericho getting pissed off at the end of their NOC match?

Who and who isn't a midcarder is kind of in their control, though. If Ambrose and Reigns are your guys, stop booking them together as generic babyfaces in the dumbest feud of the year.

I don't even get where that's going btw, what the fuck was supposed to be the deal with Jericho getting pissed off at the end of their NOC match?

They'll point back at it in 6 months when Jericho next appears.

Heroman

Banned
For nxt to be on tv it would completely change for one Vince would be more hands on with it , there would alot more raw superstars on the show and most of the talent would be buried.

Recall

Mini network viewing recap time

WCW Bash at the Beach 1998 - 12th July
•(No DQ Match) Perry Saturn vs Raven
Fun high energy brawling match with Raven looking exceptionally motivated yet the match fell apart due to a weirdly booked run in towards the end.

•Kidman vs Juventud Guerrera
Kidman's first PPV match and it was an enjoyably competitive match with big spots and high impact action. Not their best encounter but I appreciate the effort.

•Stevie Ray vs Chavo Guerrero Jr
Chavo lost to a handshake as this match was all Eddie's plan to soften up Chavo before their hair vs hair match yet it backfired. Funny little segment with Chavo now seemingly gone crazy.

•(Hair vs Hair) Eddie Guerrero vs Chavo Guerrero Jr
Way more comedy than I was expecting early on but it's all a play on their past interactions. Not quite the mat classic I expected but perfectly acceptable and still entertaining though the ending left a lot to be desired.

•Disco Inferno vs Konnan (w/Lex Luger & Kevin Nash)
Nothing match that existed to solely give the crowd what they seemingly wanted and that was some NWO Wolfpac domination.

•The Giant vs Kevin Greene
Totally acceptable big man match with a NFL guy with just a few matches under his belt. Short and to the point.

•(WCW Cruiserweight Title Match) Chris Jericho vs Rey Mysterio Jr
Mysterio returns to face the man who injured him and took his title belt. Quite a disappointing match that was exceptionally short and Mysterio still looked injured having issues with many moves.

•(WCW TV Title Match) Booker T vs Bret Hart
Really enjoyed this and heel Bret was great to see, I liked the style even if it was a little formulaic. I really hope it set up a rematch as they meshed so well together.

•(WCW World Title Match) Goldberg vs Curt Hennig
Short and sloppy. Typical Goldberg match.

•DDP and Karl Malone vs Hulk Hogan and Dennis Rodman
30 minutes of stalling and boring chants. Horrifically bad and a traditionally terrible main event.

klonere

Banned

I cannot imagine the dumb shit they'd have a champ Reigns doing considering what they have laid out for Seth since Mania.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Lol @ MGS1 being the best game on the PS1. Hilariously shortsighted. Fine game but not top tier.

Barrage

People suggesting WWE can just switch to 2 hours or slide NXT in have no concept of how the TV industry works.

Same with people panicking about RAWs ratings and thinking USA will step in.

The entire broadcast model is bending right now. USA has bigger problems than micromanaging it's top rated show.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I see no point in picking THE best one. If I had a top Five it be in it. 100%. Game changer.
Hell naw. My first night with it though... Bought a can of honey roasted peanuts and played with the lights out and loved it. But there's a hell of a lot of games better than MGS

I dont really watch NXT besides the special events they do. The only other times I catch it are when its on the now playing on WWE network.

Watching it is the crowd always so bad when they are in full sail? Sometimes it seems unwatchable to me because of how they are. Its one of the reasons why I dont watch it every week. I don't want to assume they are always like that either.

Zach

I dont really watch NXT besides the special events they do. The only other times I catch it are when its on the now playing on WWE network.

Watching it is the crowd always so bad when they are in full sail? Sometimes it seems unwatchable to me because of how they are. Its one of the reasons why I dont watch it every week. I don't want to assume they are always like that either.

Oh, no. What have you done?

PS1 FAAAAVVVEEEE FIVE

1-Silent Hill
2-Resident Evil 2
3-Final Fantasy VIII
4-Crash Team Racing
5-Tekken 3

MGS is def a game changer, but I spent far more time with all of the above.

Hell I might have the right mind to sub out some of those single player games for Tony Hawk and Twisted Metal 2

klonere

Banned
PS1 fav five

1. FFVII
2. THPS2
3. Metal Gear Solid
4. Crash Bandicoot 3
5. Gran Turismo 2

Honorable Mention:
Hogs of War

I still have my PS1 lying around somewhere. My FFVII discs are actually in reach of me right now. I should hook it back up someday, providing I can get the cables for it....

Barrage

PS1 Fave Five

5. Crash Bandicoot 3
4.Final Fantasy 7
3.Tekken 2
2. Final Fantasy 8
1. Final Fantasy Tactics

System was still trash compared to the N64.

Sephzilla

PS1 FAV FAVE

1) Final Fantasy 7
2) Metal Gear Solid
3) Resident Evil 2
4) Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2
5) Twisted Metal 2

N64 had a better library

Slow down there cowboy. The resident evils, silent hill, and square's output gives it one of the best libraries of its day

No lies detected there, those were the cornerstones of the PS1 library. Though, the better Silent Hill games were on the PS2. N64 also got the better version of Resident Evil 2.

RBH

PS1 Fave Five

5. Crash Bandicoot 3
4.Final Fantasy 7
3.Tekken 2
2. Final Fantasy 8
1. Final Fantasy Tactics

System was still trash compared to the N64.

giphy.gif

Sephzilla

N64 had all of the good wrestling games of that generation. Shadows of the Empire. OG Smash. The best Mario Kart before MK8 came out. The best version of Resident Evil 2. Shadows of the Empire. Rogue Squadron. Goldeneye. Perfect Dark. Ocarina of Time. Majora's Mask.

Verendus

Banned
Fave Five:

1) FF7 (may as well just extend this to the FF trilogy to stop them taking up spots)
2) MGS1
3) Gran Turismo 2
4) Resident Evil
5) Tekken 3

PS1 Fave Five

5. Crash Bandicoot 3
4.Final Fantasy 7
3.Tekken 2
2. Final Fantasy 8
1. Final Fantasy Tactics

System was still trash compared to the N64
N64 is one of the worst Nintendo home consoles, alongside every other one they've made after the SNES. We have to go back two decades to stop Nintendo from sucking. That's how bad things have gotten.

Zach

My fam could barely afford games in my youth -- we probably had, I dunno, five PS1 games ever -- so I'm not posting a FAVE FIVE.

In regards to wrasslin' games, I really tried to like WCW vs. The World before I FINALLY was able to play Revenge at a friend's house. It blew my mind so hard.

Top Bottom