• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

Savitar

If WWE was hoping the buzz from the Night of Champions PPV was going to help them in the recent audience drain vs. Monday Night Football, they had their faith misplaced. The 9/21 edition of Raw, coming off the PPV, garnered just 3,349,000 viewers which is not only down from last week's 3,397,000 viewers, but is the lowest audience for the series (beyond a Christmas holiday episode) since it expanded to a three hour version in July 2012.

The audience dropped over the course of the three hours, showing that WWE's audience was not hooked by John Cena vs. Seth Rollins as the main event, nor the return of Kane to television. The 8 PM hour brought in 3,420,000 viewers for the first hour, then dropped to 3,368,000 viewers before bottoming out in the final hour at just 3,260,000 viewers.

The third hour would be the lowest audience for the 10-11 PM hour of Raw since the series expanded to three hours. Unless there was an error in how the audience was calculated last night, WWE has a lot of hard decisions to make in strategizing how they rebound from the onslaught of Monday Night Football.

Monday Night Football, by the way, brought in 12,479,000 viewers opposite Raw, winning the night.

Stupid maggles!

Since I really didn't own systems I'll do a fav 5 PS2 & Arcades

PS2
Final Fantasy 8
True Crime
SNK Classics
ESPN 2k5
Vice City

Arcades

Bad Dudes
Hyper Fighting
Daytona
NFL Blitz 99
NBA Jam TE

Ultratech

Fave Five PS1

1-Metal Gear Solid
2-Castlevania SOTM
3-Xenogears
4-Star Ocean 2
5-Valkyrie Profile
(Edit: Forgot about VP.)

Fave Five N64

1. Legend of Zelda: OoT
2. Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
3. Mario 64
4. Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
5. Pokemon Stadium

Alucard

Banned
We doing PS1 fave fives?

1. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
2. Final Fantasy VII
3. Crash Bandicoot 2
4. Metal Gear Solid
5. Spyro the Dragon

First two for sure. Others are up for debate. Spryo 2 might replace Spyro 1.

N64:

1. Zelda: OoT
2. Mario 64
3. WCW/NWO Revenge

Uhhh...didn't play much else.

Fox318

5x0gwvj.jpg

NoRéN

I wanna get in on this list making thing.

Fave 5 N64
- super Mario 64
- Zelda: Ocarina of Time
- Zelda: Majora's Mask
- Mario Party 3
- Mario Kart 64

Honorable Mention: Battletanx series

Edit: dammit Lothar! Forgot about F-Zero X

Lothar

Banned
5 favorite PS1:

1. Xenogears
2. Resident Evil 2
3. Castlevania: SOTN
4. Final Fantasy Tactics
5. Silent Hill

5 favorite N64
1. Conker's Bad Fur Day
2. Zelda: OoT
3. F-Zero X
4. Mario Kart 64
5. Banjo Kazooie

5 favorite wrestlers (I've never done this)
1. Shawn Michaels
2. Rob Van Dam
3. Chris Jericho
4. Eddie Guerrero
5. Bret Hart

5 favorite matches
1. HBK vs Bret - Wrestlemania 12
2. HBK vs Undertaker - Wrestlemania 25
3. Bret vs Austin - Wrestlemania 13
4. Flair vs Steamboat - Clash of Champions 1989
5. RVD vs Lynn - Living Dangerously 99

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
1. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
2. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1
3. Mega Man Legends 1
4. Mega Man Legends 2
5. Spider-Man(Neversoft's)

I barely ever played my PS1

Alucard

Banned
Do any of you guys play League of Legends? I've played it once, and damn are there an annoying amount of hot keys. I think I like it overall, though.

Dion314

Neo Member
Lists!!

PS1
MGS
FF VII
Rival Schools
Tekken 2
Ridge Racer Type 4 (the opening alone.....)

N64

Goldeneye
Revenge
No Mercy
WCW World Tour
WM 2000

I loved those AKI games with my soul.

Savitar

Was Diesel a better WWF ratings draw than Rollins?

He was pretty much a bust, but the WWF wasn't doing so hot during that time so can't put it all on him.

He only became a ratings draw when he went to WCW and the nWo happened.

Other than that, not so much a draw really.

He really was Roman Reigns of the time.

Lothar

Banned
He was pretty much a bust, but the WWF wasn't doing so hot during that time so can't put it all on him.

He only became a ratings draw when he went to WCW and the nWo happened.

Other than that, not so much a draw really.

He really was Roman Reigns of the time.

The fact that he became a huge draw in WCW shows that the problem was entirely in the writing. Nash had a bland uninteresting good guy character in 1995. Bret Hart was also wrestling evil dentists and HBK was losing in the first round of the King of the Ring. Owen after having a wonderful 1994 was wasted in 95. Razor should really have been added to the main event scene in 95 too. What was Undertaker doing? I can't even remember.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The fact that he became a huge draw in WCW shows that the problem was entirely in the writing. Nash had a bland uninteresting good guy character in 1995. Bret Hart was also wrestling evil dentists and HBK was losing in the first round of the King of the Ring. Owen after having a wonderful 1994 was wasted in 95. Razor should really have been added to the main event scene in 95 too. What was Undertaker doing? I can't even remember.

Feuding with Men on a Mission and IRS

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I know we only did WWE Active roster, but all time most attractive male wrestler
Hey+Yo.gif

Who was writing in 1995?

We can all admit that they're worse than Russo and even the current writers, right?

I think that was still mostly Gorilla, Vince, Prichard, and Lawler. Are you trying to say you DON'T want to watch Undertaker feud with the Supreme Fighting Machine Kama?

End of SD

* Dean Ambrose defeated Seth Rollins in a non-title match when pyro hit, the lights red and Rollins was distracted. After the match, Rollins cut a promo and said he was fed up. He named everyone who he's beat and says he will make Kane miserable if he keeps the games up. The pyro goes off again and Rollins drops the mic, then runs away. SmackDown ends with Kane laughing on the tron

yasssss

1. Super Mario 64
2. Goldeneye
3. WCW/NWO Revenge (WM2000 and No Mercy were better but I played Revenge more)
4. Zelda OoT
5. (tie) Wave Race 64/FZero X

Top Bottom