• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

lupin23rd

Looking forward to seeing the King of Pro Wrestling card finalize after these Destruction events this week, happen to be in Japan so I bought (applied for?) tickets to see it.

has there been a good NJPW or AJPW wrestling game? i remember there were a couple on ps1 and ps2 but i never played any of them

Virtual Pro Wrestling 64 & Virtual Pro Wrestling 2, which are literally Puro versions of WCW vs. nWo World Tour and WWF WrestleMania 2000 respectively. Also, the King of Colosseum games on PS2.

Aiii

So not worth it
I'll say this about Bruce Tharpe, he's the only person on the entire show that speaks Japanese I can understand.

Mike Rotunda or Bruce Campbell?

JRr0vqP.jpg

We give Kane alot of (deserved) shit but:

The man used to be over (skip to 2:07)

that's cos having an insane demonic preacher announce the presence of a man who looks like a serial killer of strong muscle men, can beat up everyone, and also has fire powers is pretty dang fun

i've been as bored with kane for the last 2 years as everyone else but i'll take a kane program with seth to tide us over until the real stories start happening. this split identity stuff is all right. it's some high concept wrestling stupidity and we haven't seen it before, or at least recently.

disregard the whiners and the kane in 2015 comments.

Everyone was over in 2000.

I mean, the arena turned dark and listen to the pop just that happening got.

haha yeah. it was like 'SOMEONE'S COMING. THIS IS GONNA BE AWESOME'

but there were 2 more giant pops for paul bearer and then the fire pyro too. so kane was also over on top of the everyone's over thing.

i've watched that intro a couple of times the past few days in the advent of the new kane era, and it's pretty fucking cool. love the way paul comes out first and the crowd goes nuts.

I wish WWE would bring back Live Wire, they could bring back faxes, or even Byte This on the network though the level of smarkiness now they probably don't really want to give those people a voice on their programming beyond the annoying crowds. Byte This use to have some fun moments and probably Michael Cole's best moment...

Aiii

So not worth it
Nikki Bella is learning Spanish on Total Divas and she's already better at it than Rosa.

Por favor!
----
Nattie runs into Cesaro, who is looking for TJ and goes "I don't know where he is, but I know he has you as his screensaver on his phone." And Cesaro then shows her his phone which has TJ as a screensaver. These guys. Damn injury.

I think this episode might have a "Natalya jealous of Cesaro's and TJ's bromance" sub-plot. The other sub-plot is about Uce being annoyed at Naomi's ass-based offense in the ring.

If you're not watching Total Divas yet, you're a damned fool!

---
"Has Hell freezed over?" -Nikki Bella

Shingo unveiled his stable's name at today's Dragon Gate show;

DfH0u8z.jpg

VerserK.

Yeah. Eita's already out of the group, Doi, YAMATO & Kotoka turned on him because "there's no place for punk-ass kids in VerserK". Meanwhile, T-Hawk turned down an invitation from Dia.HEARTS and joined Monster Express instead.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bull Nakano is so super cool. Madusa got to see her for the first time in 21 years, and she gave her this:

7KWtuRX.png

jmdajr

Could always change my mind. ..

-MGS1
-FF7
-FF9
-Castlevania

For sure those in top 5.
For last spot hard to pick

Resident Evil
Tomb Raider
Wipeout 2097
Tekken 3
Street Fighter Alpha 3

bjork

Could always change my mind. ..

-MGS1
-FF7
-FF9
-Castlevania

For sure those in top 5.
For last spot hard to pick

Resident Evil
Tomb Raider
Wipeout 2097
Tekken 3
Street Fighter Alpha 3

For just PS1? It's easy.
- vib-ribbon
- FFVII
- SotN
- Vagrant Story
- Klonoa: Door to Phantomile

Cagey

Banned
I didn't know what a Minion was until all of the promotion material for that Minion movie a few months ago.

I wish I kept not knowing.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I did try WWE Raw 2 last weekend at a buddy of mine's house, on the OG Xbox. 60FPS, friends...

It was terrible though.

bjork

Never fucking heard of that. Did it come out in the U.S.?

Cool people imported PS1 games.

I did try WWE Raw 2 last weekend at a buddy of mine's house, on the OG Xbox. 60FPS, friends...

It was terrible though.

I liked it aside from the AI being dumb as shit. I once found myself stuck hanging from the belt during a ladder match and it simply wouldn't come loose, nor let me fall. Meanwhile, Eddie Guerrero ran back and forth across the ring for 10ish minutes before I finally gave up. Only wrestling game where I ever created myself, it was cool. Gave myself bitch moves I could actually do in real life like eye rakes and stuff, and Dick Dale for my custom entrance music.

I remember contorting over my controller in that game to try and climb out of a cage and it was impossible.

I remember being unbelievably hyped for that game too for the sole purpose of using your own ripped tracks for entrances. I thought Anchor making it would be good too as the pride fc game was pretty sweet.

jmdajr

I bought a PS1 before all the heavy hitters came out. I just loved the fact that I finally had an arcade accurate port of Street Fighter Alpha (with long load times), and stuff like Tekken was identical. Paid the full 299.99!

It wasn't until later when betrayaltons like FF7 happened. That's when I knew the shit was on.

Never got a N64. All the franchises I liked on the SNES were long gone from Nintendo.

Top Bottom