• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

jmdajr

Klonoa was good. Great platformer.

Einhander was an incredible side scroll shooter.

Heck I forget Crash. Those very fun games to play.

other underrated games that maybe don't deserve top 5. Ghost in The Shell, Jumping Flash, Brave Fencer Musashi.

And holy living fuck... I FORGOT XENOGEARS! That's on my top 5. Without a doubt.

season mode is multiplayer! you can do that shit with your chums.

my roomie is bringing up his OG xbox next weekend which I'm pretty excited about. its the only console I own Silent Hill 4 on and I've been meaning to do some of the series for halloweenie season

Xater

I am starting to think we will never ever get another good wrestling game again. That is a depressing thought, especially with my memories of so many good ones. Sure you can go back to those, but it would be nice to have something new and shiny.

A PSone top 5 is super hard btw. Mine would probably be:

Wipeout 2097
Resident Evil 2
Tekken 3
Metal Gear Solid
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

I can't believe I had to pass on Vagrant Story, FF7 and G-Police.

Alucard

Banned
Crash Bandicoot 2 was such a tremendous game. Deserves a lot of love for its fun factor. It was pretty much a perfect sequel and a case of the second game being bigger and better in every way. Crash 3 was also pretty fun, but leaned heavily on gimmicks. Same thing happened with Sly Cooper and Spyro...although Spyro 2 was pretty damn great.

bjork

if I was extending it to a top ten, I think I'd have to add Parappa, Intelligent Qube, DDR 3rd Mix, DDR 4th Mix, and DDR Extra Mix. At some point, my PS1 turned into a Bemani machine. I miss that time.

Xater

Metal Gear Solid
Final Fantasy VII
Gran Turismo 2
Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver

Those two are also big ones for me. A top 10 would definitely be easier than a top 5. PS1 was a beast when it came to software.

big fan of GT, I liked how progression was, and taking my car to the car wash.

Forzer's career is kind of dootie next to it, but well, forzer games actually come out :\ eventual GT7 may be what gets me to buy a PS4.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
1 - Metal Gear Solid
2 - Crash Team Racing
3 - Rival Schools
4 - Resident Evil 2
5 - Crash 3

God I loved Rival Schools. The sequel was even better. Loved Project Justice. Dreamcast is GOAT system of course.

Alucard

Banned
God I loved Rival Schools. The sequel was even better. Loved Project Justice. Dreamcast is GOAT system of course.

DC was easily the best fighting game system of all time IMO. Wish it had more RPGs beyond Skies of Arcadia, though. I have Grandia 2, but get bored after 2-3 hours. I'll probably go back and try to play it again someday.

Fave Five you say?

PSX
1. Metal Gear Solid
2. Final Fantasy Tactics
3. Resident Evil
4. Lunar: Silver Star Story
5. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

N64
1. WWF No Mercy
2. Super Smash Bros.
3. Super Mario 64
4. Ocarina of Time
5. Star Fox 64

Xater

DC was easily the best fighting game system of all time IMO. Wish it had more RPGs beyond Skies of Arcadia, though. I have Grandia 2, but get bored after 2-3 hours. I'll probably go back and try to play it again someday.

I actually like the first Grandia way more.

Caderfix

I like Rival Schools better than 2 for the same reason I like Demon's Souls better than Dark Souls, I've played it first. I've played PJ recently, and had a GREAT time.

HNL51jR.png

Madusa and
Bull Nakano

Holy shit. Bull got hot!

Nice to see two ladies who went into completely insane careers after wrestling. Madusa is a monster truck driver, and Bull is...no joke...a pro golfer.

bjork

N64 for me would be

Mario 64
Beetle Adventure Racing
WCW/nWo Revenge
Magical Tetris Challenge
Banjo

probably in that order. Don't like the AKI WWF games and I hate 3D Zeldas.

Holy shit. Bull got hot!

Nice to see two ladies who went into completely insane careers after wrestling. Madusa is a monster truck driver, and Bull is...no joke...a pro golfer.

tumblr_myt4v9bKet1s1uj0qo1_400.gif

Bull was always hot.

jmdajr

Did Rival Schools use the same engine as Street Fighter Ex?

That game was fun too. At least I thought so. Same with Star Gladiator.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I like Hot Limit and Absolute, and I like the better framefrate. But that's about it iirc.

Them 60fps made a difference. Loved 5th Mix's Long songs. Faves in there?

Healing Vision Remix
I Was The One (I'm a sucker for gay disco diva remakes)
Right Now
Matsuri Japan
Insertion

The more I think about it, the more I liked 6th Mix though. 6th had Justify My Love and Let's Groove...

love the art of rival schools and the characters but I didn't like any of capcoms 2.5D fighters in that era (plasma sword, project justice, EX series), they all felt sluggish.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fave Five you say?

PSX
1. Metal Gear Solid
2. Final Fantasy Tactics
3. Resident Evil
4. Lunar: Silver Star Story
5. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

N64
1. WWF No Mercy
2. Super Smash Bros.
3. Super Mario 64
4. Ocarina of Time
5. Star Fox 64

Well, at least Lunar is in there.

I actually like the first Grandia way more.

I like them both a lot, but a lot of Grandia 2 hinges on what platform you played it on. If it wasn't Dreamcast (or the recently released PC version!) you played a shadow of the greatness it is. Great battle system across all of them, though...

I like Rival Schools better than 2 for the same reason I like Demon's Souls better than Dark Souls, I've played it first. I've played PJ recently, and had a GREAT time.

Well Demon's Souls IS better than Dark, but I know what you mean.

Zach

¡HarlequinPanic!;179710075 said:
I remember contorting over my controller in that game to try and climb out of a cage and it was impossible.

I remember being unbelievably hyped for that game too for the sole purpose of using your own ripped tracks for entrances. I thought Anchor making it would be good too as the pride fc game was pretty sweet.

We played soooo much Pride FC. Favorite MMA game ever. It probably sucks nowadays, but it was amazing then. Up there with Revenge and Fight for NY as my favorite fighting game.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
¡HarlequinPanic!;179712106 said:
love the art of rival schools and the characters but I didn't like any of capcoms 2.5D fighters in that era (plasma sword, project justice, EX series), they all felt sluggish.

So many great characters in Project Justice.

Click to make it bigger.

bjork

I recall Grandia 2 being the most linear RPG I'd ever played, with the high spot being Millenia popping in to talk some shit and then leave. Also the fire looked good at camp.

jmdajr

Ok what is your favorite PS1 bad game. Like a game that was bad even then. You knew it wasn't good but you still played it for some reason.

This is one of mine.

33966_front.jpg

The gameplay is just dreadful. But I liked the soundtrack a lot, and the levels looked pretty cool.

the DDR talk has me thinkin' bout nostalgia too. I was in the DDR club in high school with a bunch of other mallgoths.

I think i actually have a captain jack album somewhere in my collection.

OH WHAT THE FUCK.

Makabe is old, fat and slow. Ibushi is awesome. So why the fuck do they still have Makabe, who is worthless, holding the NEVER belt? And now a feud with Ishii again? FFS.

Happy to see Omega get the Jr. belt back, although I wasn't expecting it. Him, KUSHIDA, and Sydal should make make for some good matches (and perhaps Ricochet too, but with LU's second season his appearances will be minimal at best)

But yeah, if Nak wins the IC belt back from Goto on Sunday (which I'm sure he will) then NJPW is proof that the booking is on complete fucking autopilot. Yes, they are having great fucking matches, but what's the point when the storylines don't evolve?

Top PS1 games friends?

1. Metal Gear Solid
2.Crash 2
3.FF7
4.Tomba!
5.Spider Man
6.Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2
7.Spyro 2
8. Bloody Roar 2
9.Tekken 3
10. Marvel vs Capcom.

I have too many favourite PS1 games

Ok what is your favorite PS1 bad game. Like a game that was bad even then. You knew it wasn't good but you still played it for some reason.

This is one of mine.

33966_front.jpg

The gameplay is just dreadful. But I liked the soundtrack a lot, and the levels looked pretty cool.

My Favourite bad PS1 game(s) is Xena: Warrior Princess and Jedi Power Battles.

Top Bottom