• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

Caderfix

Crash 2's jetpack levels (despite their mediocre control) did space better than anything in Crash 3. Jetpack levels got the best track of the franchise, too.

Unless by space you mean the future levels, which are a really nice locale. Time travel really helped the locales of the game. Too bad to get to the cool Egypt or Arabia levels you gotta play a murderous jetski or underwater level or, truly the worst, airplane level.

Damn, I remembered wrong then, I thought the jetpack was in Crash 3... I remember enjoying 3 more than 2 still

Wednesday night shows' matches:

NXT
Bull Dempsey vs. Tyler Breeze
Eva Marie vs. Carmella
Kana's contract signing as Asuka
Jason Jordan and Chad Gable vs. Scott Dawson and Dash Wilder
NXT Tag Team Championship match: The Vaudevillains vs. Wesley Blake and Buddy Murphy

I'm expecting shenanigans during the Asuka contract signing (hey, it kind of worked for Hideo Itami), although I doubt Asuka is going to produce an image as good as this:

Kenta2.png

We get another Gable/Jordan match, so that should be good.

And there's the Premier Athlete Brand vs. Roppongi Vice match I was expecting. At least they're throwing that likely crappy match to the usually less than great Long Island crowd and sparing the New York City crowd.

I'm expecting shenanigans during the Asuka contract signing (hey, it kind of worked for Hideo Itami), although I doubt Asuka is going to produce an image as good as this:
The contract signing goes down like this:
Dana Brooke and Emma show up, run her down on the mic, and Asuka leaves sadly.

miserable

who comes up with the new names for the NXT signings ? is it Triple H or someone else?
why the fuck would you give the name Hideo to someone when it's so close to hideous, unless you wanted to rib them or make it easy for Cena to crack a joke about it down the line?

who comes up with the new names for the NXT signings ? is it Triple H or someone else?
why the fuck would you give the name Hideo to someone when it's so close to hideous, unless you wanted to rib them or make it easy for Cena to crack a joke about it down the line?

For the big signings, they pick their name. Hideo picked his. Asuka picked hers.

MC Safety

There's a great bit on this week's Total Divas where the women joke about the burgeoning relationship between Caesaro and Tyson Kidd.

Paige talks to Kidd over the phone and asks him about Caesaro, and TJ begins gushing about how strong Caesaro is, how much he can lift, etc. And when Nattie takes the phone, and angrily says, "Who cares? I'm not talking about Caesaro now!" Tj responds "I thought that's why you called."

If that bit was scripted, it's genius. If it was just organic, it's even more wonderful.

the thing people need to understand about wwe entertainment is that it isn't about what is happening now, it's about what happened yesterday, or what might happen in the future. if you aren't enjoying the current output, that's the point.

Alucard

Banned
Reigns' merch has total young male appeal. His logo looks like the Spider-Man logo, and his stuff is black, dark blue, and grey. That even appeals to teens and some early twenty-somethings. Look at this shit, boys.

CD1B49ZUIAETEIB.jpg

roman-reigns-1427292110-2350289.jpg

Verendus

Banned
They need to give Reigns an anti-hero character, and some better writing, and he'll be set. The man is a star. He may be Batista-lite, but he's also much younger so WWE can go with him to the stars.

The stars.

That's how high they can go.

jmdajr

They need to give Reigns an anti-hero character, and some better writing, and he'll be set. The man is a star. He may be Batista-lite, but he's also much younger so WWE can go with him to the stars.

The stars.

That's how high they can go.

Reigns is 30 now, with decent experience.

What age did Batista start at?

I dreamed last night that kana's debut was straight up kabuki theatre, with other stagehands running through the audience and terrorizing people.

help me gaf, does that make me racist?

imBask

Banned
I hope asuka comes out with a Yankees hat, an "I <3 NY" t-shirt and a red white and blue fanny pack

she needs an "asian trying to fit in" gimmick, trust me it'll be money pal

¡HarlequinPanic!;179727556 said:
I dreamed last night that kana's debut was straight up kabuki theatre, with other stagehands running through the audience and terrorizing people.

help me gaf, does that make me racist?

Nah, it's just your subconscious mind being aware of WWE's fumbling racism and suitably applying it to the situation.

Verendus

Banned
Reigns is 30 now, with decent experience.

What age did Batista start at?
I think Batista entered the industry at 30 and became a main eventer at 35. So his time on top was limited, and he retired after 5 years.

Reigns is about to become the top dog at 30 so he has a five year head start already.

All I'm saying is, I see a bunch of KO shirts at indie shows and have never once seen a Roman Reigns shirt in real life. Coincidence?

In all seriousness, Reigns is the guy. I've always maintained he is the guy, he just wasn't ready last year. Hope they manage his ascension better this time around

Top Bottom