• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So.. this just popped up on my Facebook feed today.

I am super excited about going to this

I girl I met recently is a stand up comic and huge mark and is going to be there. I'm trying soo hard to get to know her more without being creepy.

Denver? Hmm.

We have #IndiePosterThursday so stay tuned for tomorrow.

J1pMYLz.gif

#FREETHEBOYS

klonere

Banned
I want a sheamus vs Brock match.

Its funny that everyone loves to shit on the fellah but everyone also wants to see this match

Just give in, admit you like Sheamus

Roman's merch looks dumb

Dean's merch (outside of his okay-looking logo) looks incredibly INCREDIBLY dumb

Dean has also completely faded into the background of this Wyatt feud. He's nearly Becky Lynch levels of not there. Despite being in the ring way more and having some talking time, it still feels like he's just there.

smh Dean what happened

Verendus

Banned
Why would Heath Slater get a shirt? Did IRS get a shirt?

Fave five games of last generation

1. Grand Theft Auto IV
2. Sleeping Dogs
3. Skate 2
4. Deadly Premonition
5. Fallout: New Vegas

I actually really loved GTA 4 despite how much gaf likes to rewrite history on it. Technically, I think GTA 5 is a better game and I enjoy it more, but I have far more memories of THAT generation of console with 4 that I think it's kind of the perfect number one game for me of that generation. Too many midnights on a school day dicking around in that game. I liked Red Dead too, but I'll always prefer the urban setting of GTA, and Liberty City in 4 is still my favorite video game world. Tons of honorable mentions, Dead Space 1 & 2, Dead Rising 1 & 2, Wii Sports, Saint's Row 2, etc.
Fave five time?

Fave five of last generation time.

1. Uncharted 2
2. The Last of Us
3. Uncharted 3
4. WWE 2K14
5. Halo 3

2K14 is still probably the game I've had most fun with in local multiplayer in almost a decade. Halo 3's campaign was amazing in local co-op too. Naughty Dog were simply the best. A bit of a weak generation overall though. I'm far more interested in what's coming with this one.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You know, if they made an IRS t-shirt that was just white with a silkscreened tie and suspenders, I would've worn that shit proudly. Don't be a tax cheat

God damn right

Sephzilla

Fave five games of last generation

1a) Demon's Souls
1b) Dark Souls
3) Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
4) Call of Duty 4
5) Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Last gen was kind of weird for me because there were a lot of games I played and enjoye but actually coming up with a top 5 is tough because my entries at 4 and 5 float around a fucking ton.

bjork

Last gen for me was

1. Test Drive Unlimited
2. Pac Man CE DX
3. Fallout 3/4/Oblivion/Skyrim
4. Deus Ex HR
5. Game Room

(I only had a 360 until last year and my ps3 has been on maybe 5 times ever, so my list is skewed that way)

FAV FIVE OF LAST GENERATION:

This one is tough. Last gen was so goddamn long.

I was definitely a much different person with much different tastes coming out of it than I was going into it...

1- Dead Space 2
2- Banjo-Kazoozeres: Nuts & Butts
3- Left 4 Dead 2
4- Skate
5- Super Mario Galaxy

but shit, SO many games that were just awesome in the last gen. Stuff like gears 3, Blur, Tomb Raider, Uncharted 2, Modern Warfare and Black Ops, Halo 3, all the cool re-releases that you'd never thought you'd see again like PS Classics or Symphony of the Night and NiGHTS. The trials games...way too much.

Skikkiks

Fave Five last gen:

1. Rayman Origins
2. Guacamelee
3. Sonic and All Stars Racing: Transformed
4. Valkyria Chronicles
5. Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Its funny that everyone loves to shit on the fellah but everyone also wants to see this match

Just give in, admit you like Sheamus

Dean has also completely faded into the background of this Wyatt feud. He's nearly Becky Lynch levels of not there. Despite being in the ring way more and having some talking time, it still feels like he's just there.

smh Dean what happened

I don't understand the question - what do you think happened? He's not the "guy" so they made him just a random minion.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Ever wanna see Daniel Bryan and Scott Norton tag together?
a5iBLoc.png

JavyOO7

Can't find one of my favorite Roman Reigns gif... he's on top of the announcing table with his gray shirt and his hands up in the air.

And this is my other favorite Reigns gif...

tumblr_ngn0rs9U8U1tgpid8o3_500.gif

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It's gonna make me laugh if Roman goes heel and then mysteriously loses his dumb blue contact lenses.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
no way Reigns has outsold KO.

All I'm saying is, I see a bunch of KO shirts at indie shows and have never once seen a Roman Reigns shirt in real life. Coincidence?

In all seriousness, Reigns is the guy. I've always maintained he is the guy, he just wasn't ready last year. Hope they manage his ascension better this time around

Have a hard time believing Roman is outselling Dean.

Remember - it is ILLEGAL for them to lie on conference calls / quarterly reports. So if this a report to the stockholders on who is selling what on merch - it has to be 100% legit.

Sephzilla

I'm going to #shoot from the hip. I felt Last of Us was a well put together but pretty overrated game. I didn't get feels at all during the opening
because I immediately looked at the girl and said "you aren't the girl on the cover that means you're dead"
and I was right because the plot overall felt a bit predictable because the story relies a good deal on zombie movie cliches. The only part that wasn't predictable was
the ending, because the ending was stupid

It's gonna make me laugh if Roman goes heel and then mysteriously loses his dumb blue contact lenses.

Heh. But really, Roman turning heel would be the best for him

Caderfix

Remember - it is ILLEGAL for them to lie on conference calls / quarterly reports. So if this a report to the stockholders on who is selling what on merch - it has to be 100% legit.

Is it really, or is it just what you Roman apologists want us to believe?
Roman's boring to me, but he does have a lot of appeal

Barrage

Nobody has as many big money feud opportunities as Roman. ESPECIALLY if he turns heel. This year they could do:

Heel Roman VS Face Brock
Heel Roman VS Face Cena (Roman basically snapping that the fans turned on him, becoming what the smarks have wanted Cena to do for years)
Heel Roman VS Face Rock
And of course, the ever-ready Shield Triple Threat

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

on top of that, anyone should believe an investor call over some wrestling nerds on a kideo message board. Pretty much about any subject.

Where was Robocop when Sting needed him most this past Sunday?

He was where he was needed most, at the hotel before the PPV, trying his best to keep Sting from going to the arena and wrestling at age 104. But his pleas fell on deaf ears. Because Sting is so old he's gone deaf.

jmdajr

Wtf man, didn't know

As noted, Kurt Angle’s brother David Angle has been charged with murdering his wife, and Kurt issued the following statement via Twitter:

“This has been a very trying time for everyone in my family. We ask that you respect our privacy to mourn our loss. I love my family very much and will support them every way I can. Thank you.”

Zach

Fave Five from last gen:

1. Red Dead Redemption
2. The Last of Us
3. Portal 2
4. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
5. Deadly Premonition

So many great games, though. Honorable mentions:

Edit: Yakuza 3 & 4 (I forgot!)
Grand Theft Auto V
Uncharted 2
Bioshock
Mass Effect games
Metal Gear Solid 4
Rock Band games (especially The Beatles)
LIMBO
Dead Space (first two)
Ratchet & Clank games
XCOM: Enemy Unknown

We had it good, fellas.

Top Bottom