• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
All I'm saying is, I see a bunch of KO shirts at indie shows and have never once seen a Roman Reigns shirt in real life. Coincidence?

In all seriousness, Reigns is the guy. I've always maintained he is the guy, he just wasn't ready last year. Hope they manage his ascension better this time around

He has an intangible that can't be taught. Everything around him can, and he's been working on it. We'll see what happens. I still feel he needs that big heel tear first.

Fox318

Is there any particular reason why WWE would lie to their investors? They're not big Kevin Owens fans that need to be lied to

XYMfv5d.gif

I always see a ton of KO shirts in arenas and I've even seen a good number of people wear them outside.

Only Reigns shirt I ever saw was on a Steve Urkel lookalike waiting for the bus.

Fox318

All I'm saying is, I see a bunch of KO shirts at indie shows and have never once seen a Roman Reigns shirt in real life. Coincidence?

In all seriousness, Reigns is the guy. I've always maintained he is the guy, he just wasn't ready last year. Hope they manage his ascension better this time around

so what you are saying is Reigns needs to join them?

Ithil

I'll never forget how they chose to handle Christian's shirt becoming the top selling merch item, over Cena's. They just stopped selling it at arenas and shows, so that it wouldn't outsell again, and reduced online stock.

Why even sell it in the first place if you don't want it to sell too much?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Call it a hunch, but I don't think people are going to wear Roman Reigns shirts to indie shows.

I bet you see a lot more people wearing Roman Reigns shirts at Wal-Mart than Bullet club shirts.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'll never forget how they chose to handle Christian's shirt becoming the top selling merch item, over Cena's. They just stopped selling it at arenas and shows, so that it wouldn't outsell again, and reduced online stock.

Um, which shirt would that be?

0VqoB9o.jpg

Zach

I mean, did this really happen?

If you close your eyes your shirt
The lack of sales revealed

Um, which shirt would that be?

The Captain Charisma one in like 05. He was hitting big

Ithil

I mean, did this really happen?

http://rdsuperboards.proboards.com/thread/131/captain-charisma-clb-pettition

"Geoff Cawthorne sent this item. ... I don't know who's call it is as to what merchandise gets sold at the live events but they didn't have one Christian shirt for sale in the entire building at the Smackdown taping this week. I asked a vendor and they said that they guess the WWE didn't think Christian shirts would be a good seller and that she'd been asked all night for them. There were a lot of Chain gang shirts still up for grabs at the end of the evening." - credit PWInsider.com

WWE has a collectible card game called "Raw Deal". A set of cards for Christian is going to be released in early October, and he was to be referred to as Captain Charisma. Well, WWE has now told Comic Images (the makers of the game) that he now has to be referred to as CLB and if you check Shopzone, all Captain Charisma merchandise has been removed. It's kind of weird considering how over he is, to suddenly pull his merchandise. Captain Charisma's cards were the most anticipated cards of the new Raw Deal set entitled: Unforgiven. In a poll to determine which order the cards would be spoiled on the Official Yahoo Group of over 3000 members, Captain Charisma beat Batista, Immortal Hulk Hogan, Roddy Piper and a few others.

At the SmackDown! taping this week, there were apparently no Christian shirts for sale in the entire building. A vendor at the show stated that WWE didn't think Christian shirts would be a good seller, even though she had been asked about them all night.

Many WWE fans have reported they have been unable to purchase Christian's "Captain Charisma" T-shirt at Smackdown tapings or houseshows. WWE Shopzone is also not currently carrying it. This follows rumors that Christian has become increasingly unhappy (but still professional) since June, when his apparent main event run was cut off before it even got started. There are also no plans at this time for Christian to have a match at Summerslam this Sunday.

Fox318

The Politician knows how to protect his spot.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I remember when Bray was getting big they were selling cheapo sheep masks and m'doras like crazy. like insanely so.

Even if you don't want to look at the writing in WWE from a creative standpoint and purely as a way to make money, they can't even get that right.

captain charisma was pulled cause of a copyright guys, c'mon....

any other personal fueding or politicking that happened to christain are fair game for smark speculation though.

Ithil

¡HarlequinPanic!;179730445 said:
captain charisma was pulled cause of a copyright guys, c'mon....

any other personal fueding or politicking that happened to christain are fair game for smark speculation though.

That was his TNA merchandise, not his WWE merchandise. Christian continued using the moniker after leaving, but WWE claimed the moniker belonged to them along with everything he did in WWE, so he got the Instant Classic name in TNA instead.

Ithil

Maybe they were just out of his shirts? Was this only for one show or did it happen multiple times?
Again

WWE has a collectible card game called "Raw Deal". A set of cards for Christian is going to be released in early October, and he was to be referred to as Captain Charisma. Well, WWE has now told Comic Images (the makers of the game) that he now has to be referred to as CLB and if you check Shopzone, all Captain Charisma merchandise has been removed. It's kind of weird considering how over he is, to suddenly pull his merchandise. Captain Charisma's cards were the most anticipated cards of the new Raw Deal set entitled: Unforgiven. In a poll to determine which order the cards would be spoiled on the Official Yahoo Group of over 3000 members, Captain Charisma beat Batista, Immortal Hulk Hogan, Roddy Piper and a few others.

At the SmackDown! taping this week, there were apparently no Christian shirts for sale in the entire building. A vendor at the show stated that WWE didn't think Christian shirts would be a good seller, even though she had been asked about them all night.

Many WWE fans have reported they have been unable to purchase Christian's "Captain Charisma" T-shirt at Smackdown tapings or houseshows. WWE Shopzone is also not currently carrying it. This follows rumors that Christian has become increasingly unhappy (but still professional) since June, when his apparent main event run was cut off before it even got started. There are also no plans at this time for Christian to have a match at Summerslam this Sunday.
It happened a lot back then, it was one of a lot of shit to happen to Christian around that time, which led to him leaving before the end of the year.

It was not a copyright problem because they still use that Captain Charisma name for him to this day. They didn't want him using it in TNA, however.

Ibushi doesn't get a huge push because he's a goddamn flippy junior with some of the most unsafe spots in wrestling history

Also he has that double contract with DDT, so splitting time isn't very appealing

Definitely more the second. Ibushi doesn't do as much flippy shit anymore, he's definitely trying to evolve more into a striker/power guy with occasional high flying.

Still, the NEVER title isn't exactly the world title here. It's NJPW's European/TV title for God's sake. Put it on Ibushi, and let the dude have **** matches with Shibata/Naito/Ishii/whoever.

Fox318

Long term game vs short term gain. It's dumb as hell, but that's the thought process.

I remember hearing about it quite a bit back then.

What exactly is the issue from Vince's side?

Too many people may buy a shirt and like a product? OH NO

This is all about how Vince would rather lose money with his guys on top rather than make money with somebody that isn't a bodybuilder.

In an era of quick printed or even screen-printed gear each person on the roster should have a shirt.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They put the title on Makabe because Makabe is IRL famous in Japan and that why they can advertise him with a title without it being the main title. He's also been with them forever.

klonere

Banned
They need to give Reigns an anti-hero character, and some better writing, and he'll be set. The man is a star. He may be Batista-lite, but he's also much younger so WWE can go with him to the stars.

The stars.

That's how high they can go.

Verendus I'm on the Reigns train as well. Dude can talk if he's given the right stuff. Hope he gets a vicious heel run first.

I just don't want him to be Cena 2,0 if possible.

I dunno if its the fact this is with actual children but Sheamus looks ENORMOUS here.

Like juiced up enormous.

Fox318

I dunno if its the fact this is with actual children but Sheamus looks ENORMOUS here.

Like juiced up enormous.

Dude is the same weight as KO except 6 inches taller and all muscle.

Honestly if he didn't lose to HHH at mania and didn't have that shit match with Bryan he might be crazy over now.

That 10 second match or whatever is the biggest example of Vince being out of touch. The loser got over more than the babyface champion.

What exactly is the issue from Vince's side?

Too many people may buy a shirt and like a product? OH NO

This is all about how Vince would rather lose money with his guys on top rather than make money with somebody that isn't a bodybuilder.

In an era of quick printed or even screen-printed gear each person on the roster should have a shirt.

He wanted to steer fans toward Cena instead of towards a heel.

And everyone's got a shirt nowadays. That's one thing they've learned.

They put the title on Makabe because Makabe is IRL famous in Japan and that why they can advertise him with a title without it being the main title. He's also been with them forever.

Makabe goddamnit

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Nintendo, localization, vocal minority

I mean who gives a fuck about people who don't understand why they don't make shit for their faves. Them shits don't sell. Deal with it

How does Kane rip through the mat, does he have a big knife under there? I don't remember the entire show, but bodies had to be landing in that area a lot, so it can't be thin enough to just punch through.

Verendus

Banned
Don't laugh Robocop.

Roman won't lose clean when he's top dog. It's just not going to happen. Accept this now. It's a new decade of destruction. WWE wouldn't even give Cena clean wins over a face Jimmy Hit me with that Triple H and Big Daddy Dave Batista. Dominating a bunch of jobbers doesn't matter.

History is on the side of the ONE MAN. As long as he's face, he's safe.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Why would Heath Slater get a shirt? Did IRS get a shirt?

Fave five games of last generation

1. Grand Theft Auto IV
2. Sleeping Dogs
3. Skate 2
4. Deadly Premonition
5. Fallout: New Vegas

I actually really loved GTA 4 despite how much gaf likes to rewrite history on it. Technically, I think GTA 5 is a better game and I enjoy it more, but I have far more memories of THAT generation of console with 4 that I think it's kind of the perfect number one game for me of that generation. Too many midnights on a school day dicking around in that game. I liked Red Dead too, but I'll always prefer the urban setting of GTA, and Liberty City in 4 is still my favorite video game world. Tons of honorable mentions, Dead Space 1 & 2, Dead Rising 1 & 2, Wii Sports, Saint's Row 2, etc.

So.. this just popped up on my Facebook feed today.

12006097_10153683804299479_4246888874250927461_n.jpg

I am super excited about going to this

I girl I met recently is a stand up comic and huge mark and is going to be there. I'm trying soo hard to get to know her more without being creepy.

Top Bottom