• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Is it really, or is it just what you Roman apologists want us to believe?
Roman's boring to me, but he does have a lot of appeal

I still think not pulling the trigger on Roman at WM last year was a bad idea. Have Reigns turn heel and win the title - best move they could have had. Having Rock come in and interfere on Reigns behalf could also set up Rock / Brock at WM 32.

Zach

I just realized I have two games pre-ordered and paid in full. Ha. Yakuza 5 and Shenmue III. Anyone else ruining the video game industry by pre-ordering?

Caderfix

I still think not pulling the trigger on Roman at WM last year was a bad idea. Have Reigns turn heel and win the title - best move they could have had. Having Rock come in and interfere on Reigns behalf could also set up Rock / Brock at WM 32.

I agree with you. If they made Reigns win dirty, I'd be okay with it and I think it'd be cool. Roman's as a heel and Seth as a face would actually be a pretty awesome feud.

Sephzilla

I just realized I have two games pre-ordered and paid in full. Ha. Yakuza 5 and Shenmue III. Anyone else ruining the video game industry by pre-ordering?

Don't believe what some on GAF will tell you. There's nothing wrong with preordering physical copies of video games.

Zach

Don't believe what some on GAF will tell you. There's nothing wrong with preordering physical copies of video games.

I actually think, in general, it's kind of dumb. But I'm obviously willing to join the dumb for some games. :D

And Yakuza 5 is not physical. :O

klonere

Banned
@LAWradio
WWE announces that Brock Lesnar, The Undertaker, Steve Austin, Ric Flair and Shawn Michaels will be on the 10/19 episode of Raw in Dallas

The panic button has been hit. Fuck the seth rollins.

Sephzilla

Jesus, Vince straight up smashed the panic button.

They BADLY need to take the Belt off Seth, at least temporarily.

Getting the belt off Seth isn't going to do shit if the writing of the show continues to be shit. Also consider that the most likely people to take the belt off of him right now are Shaemus and Kane.

klonere

Banned
Getting the belt off Seth isn't going to do shit if the writing of the show continues to be shit. Also consider that the most likely people to take the belt off of him right now are Shaemus and Kane.

Yeah its nothing to do with who has the belt its the very fundamentals of the show and the fact as we say again and again: they have no idea why or how to get fellas over again nowadays.

I don't understand why people attribute the ratings to one single individual (usually the person with the belt) as if they are singularly responsible for drawing the entire show. Take the belt off Seth? Who cares if the show will still be centered around the same group of guys?

Sephzilla

I was writing up a nice post about what things I felt need to be done in order to help Raw out from a show quality standpoint (which would end up helping ratings) and then I realized the entire thing could be summed up with "fire the entire creative team"

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They're feeling the heat
tumblr_nfzlg1kzTn1u1tpfio1_500.gif

KingBroly

Banned
Jesus, Vince straight up smashed the panic button.

They need to shake things up. What's going on with WWE right now, starting with 20 minute promos with Seth or the Authority, shitty commentary, hammering the constant social media BS, is tiresome.

It is pretty shitty that they don't want to get guys over that aren't "in their plans" like Cesaro, Rusev, etc. not to mention the bad booking of faces and treating heels as the good guys.

Sephzilla

And of course Vince, in his all knowing wisdom, would load up Raw on the same night MNF has a divisional rival game against two major market teams. If he was smart he'd load up Raw on the 28th because it's going to be the Packers taking care of business against Kansas City because that's a game that will probably have fewer eyes on it.

Dion314

Neo Member
Vince broke the panic button from smashing it so hard.

What do they expect though? With the way Seth has been booked and how they continue to tell us part timers and Cena are the most important guys around, how or why should anybody care about Seth or anybody else on the roster for that matter.

Their short sighted booking CONTINUES to bite them in the ass yet instead of changing the process it's easier to just shift blame and say "_____" isn't a draw.

jmdajr

Here's the thing ...

It's takes awhile for good buzz to set in. So If I great show has bad ratings, Vince panics and changes shit even more.

What you need is more than a couple of good shows in a row to get the ball rolling.

But that's not how they roll.

And of course Vince, in his all knowing wisdom, would load up Raw on the same night MNF has a divisional rival game against two major market teams. If he was smart he'd load up Raw on the 28th because it's going to be the Packers taking care of business against Kansas City because that's a game that will probably have fewer eyes on it.

He was probably only able to get those guys because show is in Dallas though.

notworksafe

I imagine Stone Cold (and maybe Michaels) will just be there to promo the game, since it's out the next week. Brock/Taker are there for Hell in the Cell and Flair is there for Charlotte.

KingBroly

Banned
Here's the thing ...

It's takes awhile for good buzz to set in. So If I great show has bad ratings, Vince panics and changes shit even more.

What you need is more than a couple of good shows in a row to get the ball rolling.

But that's not how they roll.

I agree. The product simply isn't good right now. Between MitB and Summerslam it was good to great most of the time. Now it's...dull, boring, terrible, etc. There are bright spots here and there, but they don't keep going with those bright spots for the most part.

Caderfix

I don't understand why people attribute the ratings to one single individual (usually the person with the belt) as if they are singularly responsible for drawing the entire show. Take the belt off Seth? Who cares if the show will still be centered around the same group of guys?

People just use the ratings as an excuse to shit on the individuals they don't like.

All I'm saying is, I see a bunch of KO shirts at indie shows and have never once seen a Roman Reigns shirt in real life. Coincidence?

By that count, the Bullet Club is the most dominant faction in wrestling history!

I've seen Reigns shirts on folks who also own Cena shirts.

Wtf man, didn't know

As noted, Kurt Angle’s brother David Angle has been charged with murdering his wife, and Kurt issued the following statement via Twitter:

“This has been a very trying time for everyone in my family. We ask that you respect our privacy to mourn our loss. I love my family very much and will support them every way I can. Thank you.”

Was David the brother who they used for Kurts "twin magic" stunts back in the day?

KingBroly

Banned
I'd fire the marketing teams too. How they don't advertise WWE on anything but WWE programming is BEYOND any comprehension.

26 writers who can't write a coherent storyline is insane.

Biggest problem is they are stuck in their ways.

Every raw HAS to open with a 20 minute promo.

There HAS to be an heel authority

There HAS to be even stevens booking making everyone a midcarder.

Someone needs to sit vince down and say its not about you motherfucker

I've seen more Reigns shirts out in the wild than Cena shirts. Wrestlemania weekend I saw a ton of D.Brine merch, but I was also in the Bay Area, so *shrug*

jmdajr

I'd fire the marketing teams too. How they don't advertise WWE on anything but WWE programming is BEYOND any comprehension.

26 writers who can't write a coherent storyline is insane.

Even if they did it wouldn't matter. Vince can kill story lines at will.

Top Bottom