• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

Mandy Leon vs Taeler Hendrix
Veda Scott vs Sumie Sakai

Sumie!!! Always glad to see her. Veda was going to face Cherry Bomb, but she fractured her collarbone over the weekend so she's out for a while.

Dallas is shit beyond Mania though

Cyprus or whatever international place I go to would be baller as hell for photos

That's what I'm saying! Cyprus is amazing, go there. Just leave the selfie stick at home :p

Wrestlemania 17 is terrible besides TLC 2 and Austin VS Rock. I don't get why people love it, must be nostalgia.

My favorite is 4 or 31. Kinda partial to 31 because I was there though.

Undertaker vs. Triple H was pretty good. It's probably the best of the Undertaker/Triple H WM matches.

Angle and Benoit had a pretty good match.

Shane vs. Vince was a garbage storyline match, but it wasn't the worst garbage storyline match the McMahons have ever had.

Sephzilla

Wrestlemania 17 is terrible besides TLC 2 and Austin VS Rock. I don't get why people love it, must be nostalgia.

Vince vs Shane was good. Jericho vs Regal was good. Angle vs Benoit was good. WM17 has the only good HHH vs Undertaker 'Mania match.

Toki767

Even that Raven/Kane/Big Show hardcore match was enjoyable.

The show was incredibly solid all around.

Then again it did come after the disaster that was 2000.

Undertaker vs. Triple H was pretty good. It's probably the best of the Undertaker/Triple H WM matches.

Angle and Benoit had a pretty good match.

Shane vs. Vince was a garbage storyline match, but it wasn't the worst garbage storyline match the McMahons have ever had.

I'll give you angle benoit and taker hhh. Forgot about those, also jericho regal was alright.

How you gonna start the biggest event of the year with X-Factor VS Steve Blackman and Jerry Lawlers son.

Anth0ny

He had Ice-T at WM2000, with D-Lo or someone rapping with him. Maybe Vince didn't think of Ice-T as a star? :shrug:

pimpin ain't pimpin ain't easy mayne

I'm wondering if I should go to Dallas for Mania 32. It'd be fun, and my flight would be free.

But I want to go to Cyprus or some such on another trip too.

WrassleGAF decide!

I'll be there. fuck it. I wanna be a part of the biggest mania ever.

Benoit/Angle? Taker/HHH? Vince/Shane?

even if it was "terrible" besides those two matches you mentioned... those are two of the greatest matches ever. you can't name many shows with two matches that compare to those two.

god damn what a show

KritaCal

Neo Member
¡HarlequinPanic!;179853292 said:
I don't play that game but goddamn if you ain't fishing for an avatar quote, friend.

Thats what its there for haha. My argument is that you're not getting a great match because it's 2 non wrestlers fighting. A couple high spots here and there couldn't make up for a crudely written storyline.

Mike Bailey getting paid

There is talk of doing some major arena all-star shows in November with the idea of using the regulars plus people like MVP, Willie Mack, Johnny Mundo, Moose and Brian Cage. Those deals aren’t in place but they are people they want. They’ve also tried to contact Will Ospreay after Konnan and Dorian Roldan saw him at PWG.

Flamita and Mike Bailey are expected to come in full-time, with Flamita starting in November under a new name.

Recall

It had drama and crazy spots. Did you watch WM17 at that moment in time or well after the fact?

Shane has always been a workhorse for a non-wrestler

ROH BANNED WRESTLERS COURT

Apparently there was a Wrestler’s Court thing that happened on 9/19 before the TV tapings. WWE used to do it where somebody would be accused of stuff and put on a trial, where if they were guilty, maybe they had to buy beer for everyone or something like that. It was for ref Gino Colucci, and the charges were really minor stuff. B.J. Whitmer was the judge and I believe Elgin served as the defense attorney and Colucci ended up cleared of anything. However, CEO Joe Koff found out about it and issued a very strong statement to never do it again, particularly before a taping feeling that the wrestlers at that point should be concentrating on their performances.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Inalwaya had a dislike for rey because after eddie died rey seemed to have started getting titles n stuff. You then had him and dave team up too just really turned me off being a fan of him

Needs more Marty Scurll.

I've got him tipped to become "the guy" in British wrestling next year, next PROGRESS champ for sure. Would love to see him get more opportunities internationally, but his style isn't as flashy as the other Euros who're gaining international attention, although I do think he is one of our very best.

Look at these goddamn spot monkeys killing the business;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cenS5gpiHPo

Amazing insanity, I love it Maggle!

oIjLO65.gif

The Young Bucks ‏@MattJackson13 1h1 hour ago
@SenorLARIATO I guess we're opening up a new company.

https://twitter.com/MattJackson13/status/647139635781505024

Savitar

We’re told that the 9/21 Raw rating has put enormous pressure on creative by Vince McMahon directly, more than the prior two numbers. I think they at least partially used the excuse on the previous two weeks as Labor Day and the start of the NFL season, but when they ran big angles at the PPV to boost ratings the next day, when there is the traditional post-PPV increase, and the audience set an all-time low, it was the first time we got the term “panic” thrown around.

Dave Meltzer, last WON.

All Cena now four hours every Monday incoming!

SHIMMER are finally catching up, they're finally releasing the Volume where Nicole Matthews won the title (only 341 days ago!), with the next few coming up in the next month or so.

PWG and SHIMMER need to get on board with dat Pivotshare future. Especially SHIMMER, with NXT women being so big, and so many of their alumns in NXT/WWE, you'd think they'd be all over that shit.

Yeah, what is with every indie using Pivotshare now?

And PWG has Highspots.tv
Convenient and it works I guess? You just upload your library and you're good to go.

Don't talk to me about Highspots.tv
I haven't actually tried it, I'm just assuming it's shit as king carnys Highspots are running it.

Being 1 event behind doesn't make for a good experience.

Recall

So what were the top 3 WCW PPV main events from 1997-1999.

I only know that DDP vs Goldberg at Halloween Havoc 1998 is fantastic, yet the semi main of Ultimate Warrior vs Hogan was horrific.

Spring Stampede 1999 is a great WCW PPV.

If WWE is serious about creating a new big hispanic star then why aren't either of the Lucha Dragons dressed like an actual dragon and coming out to Godzilla music

Top Bottom