• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

Man God

Non-Canon Member
1. Baseball
2. Professional Football
3. Hockey
4. Soccer
5. Curling

I don't really care about any sport below that. Especially not college sports, which universally suck.

somedevil

Some news from Cody Rhodes:

Dustin and him will be at the Takeover show on Oct 7 to present the winner with the trophy.

Plus why he didn't drop the Stardust character after his father's death:

It would have been tacky — would have been tacky, and it wouldn’t have been genuine. Many years ago, I used to watch RAW with my dad, and we watched Nitro, and we watched the pay-per-views. Many years ago, there was a wrestler who passed away, and his name was used pretty regularly after that on programming. People were using it to try draw the adulation of fans. Everyone was saying, “Oh, well such and such who passed away would have loved this.” And (my father) told me, and this is something very few people know, “When I go don’t ever let anybody say that about me. I left my body of work on the table already and it doesn’t need to be expanded.” And I never forgot that. So there was never any question on who was coming back.

jmdajr

NFL and NBA. That's it.

I will go to the Ballpark but never watch shit on TV. Only give a shit about Soccer in the World Cup.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Once you've been to a MLS game in a supporter zone, you get what it's all about (talking purely as a North American here)

Eh, not really. I hang out with some major fucking soccer fans though.

The sport is better on tv, though not to the incredible degree that NFL is better on tv.

imBask

Banned
Eh, not really. I hang out with some major fucking soccer fans though.

The sport is better on tv, though not to the incredible degree that NFL is better on tv.

well I mean, i'm a hockey fan first, it's all different but I really fell in love with Soccer by going there

Hockey will always be my #1

Alucard

Banned
Fave five sports to watch on TV

1. Hockey
2. Soccer
3. Tennis
4. Rally car racing
5. Ronda Rousey

Fave five sports entertainment shows

1. Most Extreme Elimination Challenge
2. Pro wrestling
3. Medieval Times
4. Wipeout
5. Eating contests

Honourable mention: roller derby, destruction derby/monster truck shows

Worst sports to see live

1. Football
2. Golf
3. Nascar
4. Formula 1
5. Cycling

I think I want Rollins to take the form of Sting, with the face paint, and hanging in the rafters, trying to make right what he did wrong these last two years.

RBH

1hgAZVD.gif

Sephzilla

Sephzilla likes all the terrible things.
The Green Bay Packers
RoboCop
Pro Wrestling

I demand he be stopped!

iUH6YNg.gif

Since you like the Vikings I'm going to assume you naturally gravitate towards other things that lose. Like Terminators, things that suck at their job and die in every movie. Stop cheering for the inferior robot.

Heroman

Banned
Everyone listen to the Jake the snake episode of the stone clod podcast, it was amazing. He had had s fantastic mind for the business.

I think I want Rollins to take the form of Sting, with the face paint, and hanging in the rafters, trying to make right what he did wrong these last two years.

Uhh....

I'm actually into this.

Edit: That explanation from Cody is very reasonable, but at the same time, I don't think they would have actually had to SAY anything about Dusty to have the Cody Rhodes character come back to a warm reception from the audience. Stardust is such a stale, shit character, especially since WWE doesn't even have a Saturday Morning Kids Show anymore where he can be some kind of cartoon final boss for Super Neville. At the very least, he should gradually be on the path to being Cody again at this point, because he's still young, the crowd is still hot for the idea of him, and he is a really good face and good speaker in a company that is sorely lacking good anything in prominent positions right now.

Heroman

Banned
I listened to it the day it came out.

Jake really is a master. He should be at NXT working with the talent.
He would be a great coach.The story of him created the DDT is pure gold. Also his view on face and heels should be heard by everyone.

Why are we talking about the Vikings? They suck.

Barrage

Ugh. This Jake interview is SO.GOOD.

One of those things where even when I disagree with him, which was rarely(on the 6 guys on 1 not being heat), I can think of it at best as difference of opinion, never as right or wrong.

"THERE'S YOUR HEAT, SON!"

klonere

Banned
Ugh. This Jake interview is SO.GOOD.

One of those things where even when I disagree with him, which was rarely(on the 6 guys on 1 not being heat), I can think of it at best as difference of opinion, never as right or wrong.

"THERE'S YOUR HEAT, SON!"

Everyone in the Performance Center should be forced to listen to it daily.

Top Bottom