• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

Nekofrog

Banned
just seeing what a spiteful, hate filled old man vince can be in regards to a company that legitimately forced him to improve himself is kind of sad, especially because it was almost 20 years ago.

It is a bit of a shame that some of these women don't really want to get over based on skill, or maybe have given up trying to get over that way and just use their bodies to get cheers. How can you expect to have a Divas Revolution when not even the participating members are shifting their focus to becoming more serious as competitors rather than filter eye candy.

Rousey certainly didn't get where she is due to her ass pandering to the crowd at UFC events.
Who are the women you're talking about? Naomi? I don't see any of them trying to get over based in their looks alone. Who cares about skill and the divas revolution when you can get your drunk dad on TV?

Watching the Nitro after Starrcade 97

Schiavone suggest that the nWo fans who live in their parents basement switch over to the Cartoon Network to watch Space Ghost Coast to Coast if they don't like the fact Zybszko is back... That may be worse than the Mick Foley title win call.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Raven had a 31% win rate in WCW in 1998. That was his first full year with the company. 97 was split halfway between ECW and WCW.

Yet he was pretty damn over and even got that Revenge cover spot. Wins can matter a lot less if you know how to book a character around it.

Dion314

Neo Member
Chris Bosh

Wasn't Chris Nowitzki highly praised in OVW before he had to retire?

Some people like Chris Sabin, right?

And how could you forget The Wildcat Chris Harris?
BradenWalkerDVD.jpg

Lost my shit at "Daytime TV and Nachos" and the blank T Shirt

You put work into your bod then you get to flaunt it, there's no reason why that can't be part of a wrestling character. I mean I guess if you're a DNB then you can concern troll on behalf of the "poor exploited women", meanwhile they're making bank off the Instagram circuit.

Aiii

So not worth it
You put work into your bod then you get to flaunt it, there's no reason why that can't be part of a wrestling character. I mean I guess if you're a DNB then you can concern troll on behalf of the "poor exploited women", meanwhile they're making bank off the Instagram circuit.

That's fine, of course, but with all due respect... if the crowd then doesn't see you as a serious competitor because all your signature offense is based on you rubbing and pushing your sizable behind into another girls face, you can't blame them for your Revolution not catching on.

I don't think women being serious competitors requires the eradication of sexuality from their characters, particularly if they've been doing it for years. Sexiness is one of women's greatest innate advantages, and wrestling is base and exists to make money. Plenty of male wrestlers, including some all-time greats, explicitly sexualized themselves. It doesn't work for Bayley or Charlotte, but Nikki or Paige or Naomi? Sure.

That's fine, of course, but with all due respect... if the crowd then doesn't see you as a serious competitor because all your signature offense is based on you rubbing and pushing your sizable behind into another girls face, you can't blame them for your Revolution not catching on.

The point of it is a humiliation tactic. Like when Rikishi was stinkfacing people that wasn't doing criticals, it was psychological. Though if you think that his use of the exact same move was also for sex appeal I would be willing to listen to the argument.

Rutti

I don't think women being serious competitors requires the eradication of sexuality from their characters, particularly if they've been doing it for years. Sexiness is one of women's greatest innate advantages, and wrestling is base and exists to make money. Plenty of male wrestlers, including some all-time greats, explicitly sexualized themselves. It doesn't work for Bayley or Charlotte, but Nikki or Paige or Naomi? Sure.

Even if this wasn't true, Divas Revolution has had and much bigger problems.

Sephzilla

well it's hard to cheat in Madden heyooo

I'm pretty sure the real life Patriots could play with completely deflated footballs and still beat the Browns by two scores, lol.

I'm happy my team usually never sucks, means I never have to learn a different team in Madden! #GoPackGo

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I was cleaning the fridge today when I finally cracked the code.

Demon Kane came back. Finn Balor has started developing his non demon entrance, Corporate Kane needs backup in his office. Corporate Balor.

Rutti

What does it tell you about WWE that overtly happy Kane ...in 2015 is the best thing in Raw and SD?
After New Day

Man God

Non-Canon Member
What does it tell you about WWE that overtly happy Kane ...in 2015 is the best thing in Raw and SD?
After New Day

it adds a certain spice to Demon Kane as well. Now instead of half assing his evil or his corporate suck up, he can real ass both of them.

Top Bottom