• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

My point is that you have these guys who have experience that these new kids will never understand, because they are for the most part manufactured by a corporate machine, not self manufactured.

Jake could give them valuable information, that maybe no one can.
Scott Hall too.

they seem to truly understand wrestling A-Z.

They need to take advantage of that and pass on the information because when they are gone, its gone. I see real value. Look how Dusty affected so many people.

Valentus

so the botched pin of Eva Marie is now an angle? lol.

Eva Marie had some progress, but the only really interesting thing is her entrance, which is awesome. The rest is very meh.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
so the botched pin of Eva Marie is now an angle? lol.

Eva Marie had some progress, but the only really interesting thing is her entrance, which is awesome. The rest is very meh.

Is this the angle that involves a love sick rudo ref? If so I'm in.

Loved that shit when they did it in TNA.

Randomly caught some of the MITB red case match from 2013 and thought two things

1) At the start RVD is about to do his taunt and the everyone just gangs up on him before he finishes. I'm confident this is the greatest moment in any MITB match.

2) Punk/Bryan get a 1-on-1 feud tease and the crowd is obviously super into it. What a shame they will never get a full blown main event feud. Mania 32 would have been such a good time for it too.

Fox318

New Lapsed Fan is out

https://soundcloud.com/thelapsedfan/ep-60-wwf-survivor-series-1996

yS1xlz2.jpg

My point is that you have these guys who have experience that these new kids will never understand, because they are for the most part manufactured by a corporate machine, not self manufactured.

Jake could give them valuable information, that maybe no one can.
Scott Hall too.

they seem to truly understand wrestling A-Z.

They need to take advantage of that and pass on the information because when they are gone, its gone. I see real value. Look how Dusty affected so many people.

You realize that today is 1000x different than today. Back then you could go to any territory and keep yourself fresh.

With the amount of TV and ppl wwe does guys will get over exposed at some point.

There aremlittlemtnings guys could work on but with woes schedule it makes it harder

klonere

Banned
You realize that today is 1000x different than today. Back then you could go to any territory and keep yourself fresh.

With the amount of TV and ppl wwe does guys will get over exposed at some point.

There aremlittlemtnings guys could work on but with woes schedule it makes it harder

Just because the WWE grind is insane doesn't mean that this wisdom should just be let drift away.

Look at that Sting Rollins match. They did a whole bunch of crazy shit that was totally unnecessary and didn't even get the crowd going all that much. If shit was more restrained we wouldn't need a 56 year old man taking bumps through announce desks. We wouldn't have Cena doing MOVEZ matches at these B Tier paper views, killing the credibility of everyone's offense. We wouldn't have Owens have his finisher kicked out of on his first match! When a superplex into a falcon arrow doesn't end a fucking match what does?

Just because the WWE grind is insane doesn't mean that this wisdom should just be let drift away.

Look at that Sting Rollins match. They did a whole bunch of crazy shit that was totally unnecessary and didn't even get the crowd going all that much. If shit was more restrained we wouldn't need a 56 year old man taking bumps through announce desks. We wouldn't have Cena doing MOVEZ matches at these B Tier paper views, killing the credibility of everyone's offense. We wouldn't have Owens have his finisher kicked out of on his first match! When a superplex into a falcon arrow doesn't end a fucking match what does?

It was about protecting a business back then. If you didn't sell you were beat up and left out to dry.also helps that guys probably layer there shit in back then. Guys worked with legit injuries .

There is no business to protect today. There for not a lot of effort.

Pro wrestler were crafted from a different mold back then.

Zach

Oh, but I came to post: Are there any podcasts that talk about Ultimo Dragon? He's one of my favorite wrasslers but I don't remember hearing any stories or whatever about the man. It'd be cool to know more about the dude. Unless he's a scumbag.

Just tried WWE 2K15. It might be the worst goddamn game I've ever played.
So damn boring.

It really is shocking how the developers have found some way to make the presentation look as boring as possible in modern wrestling games, and then combining it with a slow, clunky control scheme.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Nash said when DX was doing the 'epic invasion angle' none of the WCW guys could find them. So the extra cool badass rebels invading WCW... yet no one in WCW knew where they were. No wrestlers nor fans.

Such a daring move Triple H won the Monday Night Wars with

Pro-tip for WWE video games.

Please learn what composition is

Close on the wrestlers, camera facing the entrance ramp, slightly above ring apron level is the ideal gameplay camera angle for 3d wrestling games

WCW-nWo%20Revenge%20(E).png

gfs_40676_2_3.jpg

106586_full.jpg

wweallstarse32010_2.jpg

Everything at this angle naturally draws your eyes to the wrestlers in the ring.

Nowadays:

It's too cluttered, the wrestlers don't stand out, and your eyes go elsewhere. It looks off and bland.

During big moves with camera cuts, have the camera follow the direction of the move, and go in at a different angle than just close.

These aren't the only issues with wrestling games these days, but goddamn does this irk me.

Jopie

WWE All Stars was the fucking best.

I just want another one and I wont need another wrestling game for years. Gameplay is freaking perfect and the bulky character models and over the top moves remind me of playing with action figures when I was younger.

jred2k

This is kind of long, but worth it.
The WWE wrestler Hornswagle (sp?) came into the club I was working at (the only reason I know who he is is because he went to my high school a few years before I went there) and he snapped his fingers at me and pointed to the VIP room. First mistake. I'm not a dog you call by snapping your fingers. The rooms were recently renovated to resemble different places. One was Paris, one was a classroom, etc. He chose the dungeon.
IF YOU DIDN'T KNOW, HE IS A LITTLE PERSON. DWARF. MIDGET. you get it.
He would ask me questions, and when I started to respond he would literally put his hand over my mouth and say things like, "shut up. dance." One thing I always stayed true to was this: Yes, I am here for your entertainment. However, that does not mean you get to disrespect me for any reason. So this pissed me off. He also kept licking me and trying to suck on my nipples and shit. I waved into the camera for the bouncer to come in, but he was also in charge of taking money so maybe he didn't see? Anyway, he never came.
The bouncers do come in 25 minutes in and tell you that you have 5 minutes left and ask if you'd like another 30 minutes. He said yes three times. The third time, I waited for him to sign his CC slip, the bouncer left, and I put the blindfold on him. Since it were dungeon themed, there were chains on the walls. I handcuffed each hand to a chain on each side of the couch, grabbed my shoes and tiptoed out. I'm guessing he wasn't found until the 25 minute mark, because my boss wasn't too happy. I told him that he was touching me and harassing me, so I didn't end up getting in trouble.
TL;DR: Blindfolded and handcuffed Hornswagle (the wrestler) in a VIP room and left him there.

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/3mewn7/iama_exstripper_ama/cvefnin

Top Bottom