• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

Watching Kane/Taker at Mania 14. This promo package just goes on and on with pretty much no story, just a bunch of ridiculous shit happening. I love it. Bring back Lightning Kane.

Menome

The talk of Mark Henry retiring reminds me of a question I had: Did he really tear apart an actual metal chain on that cage-match because someone didn't put on a fake one?

Zach

The best part of Undertaker/Kane -- by far! -- is Paul Bearer. Dude's hilarious and creepy. That stuff where he's not even wearing the makeup any more... incredible.

Lothar

Banned
Watching Kane/Taker at Mania 14. This promo package just goes on and on with pretty much no story, just a bunch of ridiculous shit happening. I love it. Bring back Lightning Kane.

This is the video package I show to everyone who wants to know what wrestling is about. To anyone who's never seen it before. It gets them right out of the "This is fake" mindset since they see Undertaker and Kane shooting lightning bolts at each other. Then they realize no one, not the people behind it, the wrestlers, or the fans, is even pretending it's real. They never call it fake again after that.

I think it's the best video package of all time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_eJD75STuY

Seeing Triple H and Shawn back then is funny too. HBK is cocky and a complete douche without even saying a word. There's no problem in believing that's how he actually is, but Triple H looks like he's trying so hard to get that by association. It's embarrassing.

Edit: Also lol at this woman in the crowd slapping Austin's ass.

This is the video package I show to everyone who wants to know what wrestling is about. To anyone who's never seen it before. It gets them right out of the "This is fake" mindset since they see Undertaker and Kane shooting lightning bolts at each other. Then they realize no one, not the people behind it, the wrestlers, or the fans, is even pretending it's real. They never call it fake again after that.

I think it's the best video package of all time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_eJD75STuY

Man, this just makes me sad that all Kane gets to do now is the pop up through the ring spot.
We don't even get the battery torture, limo crashes and flaming dumpsters of the Shane O Mac feud these days.

We need more lightning bolts, the floundering Rollins era could benefit from some good ol' supernatural bullshittery.

Zach

Never occurred to me that Mania 14 should've been (was supposed to be?) Austin/Bret for the title with Austin finally going over.

oC0Gq.gif

somedevil

That #RollinsEra

Can't blame him for that because he was not at the show. The top faces for that show were Orton, Reigns and Ambrose.

Plus the final NXT tournament match happened. The semi finals are set for Oct 7 with these matches:

Balor and Joe vs the Mechanics
Rhyno and Corbin vs Gable and Jordan

The dream final of
Joe and Balor vs Gable and Jordan
is a real possibility.

the two part Stone Cold podcast with Scott Hall is fucking fantastic. Hall has like a perfect radio voice when he's not slurring or doing fake accents.

It's crazy, yet completely understandable, that he doesn't have a job with WWE/NXT.

He (and Curt Hennig, from the way they describe him) seems like he'd have been an awesome guy to work with back in the day. Understood the big picture and that he didn't necessarily have to have the strap or go over all the time in order to do good business.

Haha, well it's not like CMLL will use him much better once he gets back. Fans complaining because Dorada is underused is like the theme of his career to date.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
He just goes from one company who doesn't know how to use their talent to another company that doesn't know how to use their talent

tumblr_n9ib2cU10T1ti6gxco1_500.gif

Blame Fenix when Flamita is stuck in some random tag in AAA with Pentagon Jr.

Good match between Naito and Shibata. Ingobernables on NJPW would be great, the chaos they could bring to the ring terrorizing everyone.

Jamie OD

Blame Fenix when Flamita is stuck in some random tag in AAA with Pentagon Jr.

Good match between Naito and Shibata. Ingobernables on NJPW would be great, the chaos they could bring to the ring terrorizing everyone.

Their Wolf of Wall Street themed entrance in CMLL is godlike. When I saw Sombra in his suit before the mask match with Atlantis my first thought was "Why would you unmask this gimmick?!?" Then he revealed his face after the match and I wondered "Why would you make him wear a mask in the first place?!?"

Top Bottom