• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

As someone who wasn't/hasn't/isn't following NJPW and was introduced through WK9, I distinctly remember my prevailing thought, along with many others, being "oh so Okada will beat Tanahashi next year."

Many people who are invested in the product seem to have such unrealistic expectations - no one wanted to believe that it'd be Okada/Tanahashi again because they had ridiculous dreams of Shibata winning the title, or some-such.

Khali's was pretty shitty. I'm not really a fan of Okada's, one of the few moves he executes poorly.

Honma's DDT fucking rules though, because Honma's the best.

ZCpx1rS.png

LOL, for real though, that fucking 'hot tag > clothesline > clothesline > clothesline > pander to the crowd' babyface spot is the fucking dirt worst.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think Vince hated Raven for years because Raven worked something in his contract to get more money and if you want to make Vince mad, you find a way to not be a delusional mark/desperate pill head and be able to outsmart Vince. That's the dirt I last heard anyways.

The Heyman doc was the first time I can recall seeing him on a WWE product since he left.

ZCpx1rS.png

LOL, for real though, that fucking 'hot tag > clothesline > clothesline > clothesline > pander to the crowd' babyface spot is the fucking dirt worst.

That and the triple shoulder charge/bump spots. Fuck, any triple spots. Almost always come across as stupid and illogical to me. Why would be opponent keep quickly getting up, turning 180 and waiting to get hit again. I'd prefer to watch Cesaro's triple corner uppercuts, at least there he flings them across the ring so it makes more sense why the opponent is in harms way continually (even then it bores me a bit).

Raw is on tomorrow.

Do they panic and just hotshot the title on Kevin Nash Reigns to get a ratings boost?

The return of Demon Kane seems to have gone over well. Hotshot onto DK asap.

Bronx-Man

Banned
If they were gonna do a panic title switch, it would be for Cena to get it at MSG.
I can't imagine them putting the belt on Cena at a throwaway house show when they could've done it at SummerSlam. At this point I think he's keeping it until Survivor Series at the very least.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I still don't know why Rey isn't the AAA champion. He's always the main event guy. He is easily their biggest star and any match with him boosts the guys around him because he's so famous.

El Patron is the champion of 'eh you're popular but you're not Rey popular but for some reason Rey doesn't want the title so just keep beating younger guys in nothing feuds'

I still don't know why Rey isn't the AAA champion. He's always the main event guy. He is easily their biggest star and any match with him boosts the guys around him because he's so famous.

El Patron is the champion of 'eh you're popular but you're not Rey popular but for some reason Rey doesn't want the title so just keep beating younger guys in nothing feuds'

My noob understanding of Lucha is that titles mean Jack shit. The cmll champion was on the 2nd match on the show for example

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'd like to talk about this nightmarish thing at the Hard Rock AAA show
whV3Q5f.gif

My noob understanding of Lucha is that titles mean Jack shit. The cmll champion was on the 2nd match on the show for example

CMLL is CMLL. AAA is a different thing and doesn't have 8,000 titles. Rey de Reyes and Mega Champion are a bigger deal at least than anything in CMLL. But a title match is almost never going to be more important than a Mask vs Mask or Mask vs Hair match. It's why Texano Jr got the main event rub for a while.

bjork

He would probably get booed when first announced, but all he would have to do is cut a promo and the crowd would eat out of his hands. Probably the only crowd he wouldn't be able to turn would be one filled with oldschool ECW fans.

"You know, some people here hate me, and others love me. That's your right, you're the WWE Universe. But I love it here, I was reading about the Mets and eating some deep dish pizza like only the capital of the world knows how to do it and I thought, I love you all."

in preacher voice

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So this is a big deal
We understand that Go Shiozaki (33 years old), former three time champion in AJPW, announced his intentions to leave the company on the 27th. He tendered his resignation from the company early on in the month, and the promotion recently accepted it. Starting in October, he will be a free agent.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
also i've said it before but i fucking love Doink
tumblr_nc7223Milu1r8nadzo1_400.gif

x240-RIE.jpg

He is THE man in WWF in 93. They fucked his gimmick up so bad in under a year I don't even know where to start

Man God

Non-Canon Member
also i've said it before but i fucking love Doink
tumblr_nc7223Milu1r8nadzo1_400.gif

He is THE man in WWF in 93. They fucked his gimmick up so bad in under a year I don't even know where to start

1993 is secretly one of the greatest years for storylines the WWF ever had. The wrestling is questionable, and the talent really isn't over, but the setups for the feuds are impeccable.

Top Bottom