• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

Liger on his NXT match
When he arrived at airport of NY, A Gorgeous limousine was waiting for him. And the driver put up a board saying the real name of Liger.

Liger was really surprised it. He thought it is not for me, so he made a phone call to Tiger Hattori. Then Hattori called to the driver, then they found he is really waiting for Liger.

WWE prepared a great car and hotel for Liger. They treated him a VIP.

After he arrived at the arena, he met a lot of his old friends. The first guy who came to Liger was Dean Malenko. Liger said to him like “Hey, what are you doing here?”. They talked a lot and they also talked about Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit who Malenko and Liger used to work together for a long time at NJPW & WCW.

Then Arn Anderson and Dave Finlay who are also good old friend of Liger came to Liger’s dressing room. Liger talks about David Finlay who is a son of Dave Finlay and now Young Lion of NJPW to Dave saying “he is doing good in Japan”.

And Liger met Kevin Nash and Scott Hall. Liger also talked about Cody Hall who is a son of Scott and is now working for NJPW.

And he met Big show, The Undertaker and Ric Flair. Liger knows a lot about Big show when he was in WCW. But he had not met Undertaker before that. Undertaker has wrestled in NJPW, but Liger was in oversea for excursion. Ric Flair told Liger “Oh! Jushin Thunger Liger!!”. Liger said Flair always call him the full name “Jushin Thunder Liger!” for some reason.

Just before his match at NXT, Liger was really nervous. Because this match is set by a lot of his friends like William Regal, Dean Malenko, Dave Finlay, Arn Anderson, Matt Bloom, and Finn Balor. So Liger thought “if this match is bad, I would make them lose face”.

Liger was nervous like his first debut match at Tokyo Dome as “Jushin Liger”.

After the match, he met Triple H and Vice McMahon. They said “Good match” to Liger.

7 months after the fact? I'm not so sure there's any connection there and I don't think NJPW had any intention of using Dorada as they would have used Ricochet, had he signed with New Japan.

Ricochet was being built up as the new division ace before he signed with LU so certainly Dorada isn't being booked like him. I do think that had Ricochet re-signed, Dorada would have come over for BoSJ and maybe one more tour like most of the guys from CMLL and not signed for the entire year.

The time gap makes sense given that New Japan wasn't going to bring in a new 'feature' cruiserweight after the Super Juniors and before Tokyo Dome. There wasn't time to build him up properly. So making Dorada's move official during Fanatsicmania was the right time. There was already a focus on luchadores and it set up the roster for 2015.

Here's the King of Pro-Wrestling card;

dCfULn8.jpg

NJPW, "KING OF PRO-WRESTLING", 2015/10/12
Ryogoku Kokugikan

1. Jushin Liger, Tiger Mask, Ryusuke Taguchi, KUSHIDA & Mascara Dorada vs Juice Robinson, Yohei Komatsu, Sho Tanaka, David Finlay & Jay White
2. Tomoaki Honma vs YOSHI-HASHI
3. Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima, Yuji Nagata & Manabu Nakanishi vs Hirooki Goto, Katsuyori Shibata, Kota Ibushi & Captain New Japan
4. IWGP Jr. Tag Team Titles: reDRagon (Kyle O'Reilly & Bobby Fish) © vs RPG Vice (Rocky Romero & Baretta)
5. IWGP Jr. Title: Kenny Omega © vs Matt Sydal
6. Shinsuke Nakamura, Toru Yano & Kazushi Sakuraba vs Karl Anderson, Doc Gallows & Bad Luck Fale
7. NEVER Openweight Title: Togi Makabe © vs Tomohiro Ishii
8. IWGP no.1 Contendership: Hiroshi Tanahashi © vs Tetsuya Naito
9. IWGP Heavyweight Title: Kazuchika Okada © vs AJ Styles

Honma vs. YOSHI-HASHI in a singles match? REALLY? The perennial jobbers go one on one for no apparent reason. Fun times.

Looks like they're saving Nakamura vs. Anderson for Power Struggle. Oh happy day.

And Goto, Shibata, and Ibushi get shoved into an nothing eight man against the old farts. And of course, their partner is CNJ, so they're losing against said old farts.

Fuck this company.

Sephzilla

also i've said it before but i fucking love Doink
tumblr_nc7223Milu1r8nadzo1_400.gif

x240-RIE.jpg

He is THE man in WWF in 93. They fucked his gimmick up so bad in under a year I don't even know where to start

Vince-Super-Pissed.jpg

GOD DAMNIT PATTERSON WHY IS THIS CLOWN SCARY! CLOWNS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE FUN AND HAPPY AND MAKE KIDS SMILE JUST LIKE THE ONES AT THE CIRCUS MY DAD NEVER TOOK ME TO, DAMNIT! TURN HIM FACE AND GIVE HIM MIDGETS!

Real talk though - Heel Doink was fucking awesome

Honma vs. YOSHI-HASHI in a singles match? REALLY? The perennial jobbers go one on one for no apparent reason. Fun times.

It's because of the G1 - YOSHI-HASHI said that the last spot was wasted on Honma and resents the push he's been given. I'm expecting Honma to win here, Ishii to defeat Makabe and have Honma challenge Ishii for the NEVER belt at the Tokyo Dome. Or Makabe beats Ishii again and Honma challenges Makabe, GBH vs GBH. Either way, a big match for Honma at WK10 would be cool.

Bronx-Man

Banned
It's time for the match the world has waited years to see

Icon vs Icon

Honmania vs Axelmania

Tickets to Dallas booked.
I'll figure out the rest later, but I guess I'm going to WrestleMania.

Hope you enjoy Cena vs Reigns for the belt with BEEG as special guest enforcer.

Browny

Banned
11 years on November 1st. Getting itchy feet...

On wrasslin' news, had to cancel NJPW sub - hadn't used it in nearly 6 months, and not likely to in the near future. Despite getting a new TV and planning on getting a small form PC in there too, with a second nipper around the corner I feel that any spare time I may get will be spent on sweet sweet sleep.

klonere

Banned
I just realized that Rollins will be 5 - 1 vs Cena by the time the MSG show is over.

The US belt is the real world championship friends.

imBask

Banned
web is a weird business... if you call a plumber, you're not gonna tell him how to fix the pipes, but in web every single client think they know everything about our job. I've seen a Lawyers Firm send us some modifications with their own time evaluation on individual task.

also i've said it before but i fucking love Doink
tumblr_nc7223Milu1r8nadzo1_400.gif

x240-RIE.jpg

He is THE man in WWF in 93. They fucked his gimmick up so bad in under a year I don't even know where to start

It was an ok gimmick when he was a heel, imho. He was a great wrestler regardless, though. His match against Marty Jannetty in '93 was a solid stand-out.

web is a weird business... if you call a plumber, you're not gonna tell him how to fix the pipes, but in web every single client think they know everything about our job. I've seen a Lawyers Firm send us some modifications with their own time evaluation on individual task.

You need to lay all that out in your contract. State you only talk with one point of contact, you're the one who sets time tables, and any modifications or features they ask for after they sign off costs extra.

Fox318

ehh thats every job.

When I was working on a website the company took an extra 2 months because they kept on fighting about where each link should be on the top bar and if Facebook was a hippa violation.

I've done landscaping, contracting, waiting, working at a golf course, and baking/working at a bagel place and more.

Everyone thinks they know everything about your job. Instead of just asking for their advise most people want to take ownership of whatever they are paying somebody to do.

Until it breaks, then its somebody else's problem.

Barrage

Reading those leaked WCW Salaries is interesting.

Man, the whole time Jarrett was being pushed he was being paid like a midcarder.

And Bret Hart's contract, holy shit.

Anth0ny

Tickets to Dallas booked.
I'll figure out the rest later, but I guess I'm going to WrestleMania.

do you know when they start selling the travel packages?

i need to do this before I think about it too much and save myself from spending so much money on fake sports

Fox318

Reading those leaked WCW Salaries is interesting.

Man, the whole time Jarrett was being pushed he was being paid like a midcarder.

And Bret Hart's contract, holy shit.

looking back through Bret's book the contracts that WCW was offering was huge and was more than he would make in a year.

He took the 20 year deal because of what the WWF did to help him out and because he liked Vince.

Lesson learned here is unless you have a massive stock option or a do not fuck agreement like Bret had (even though HHH and Vince fucked him anyway) sometimes you have to do whats the better math.

imBask

Banned
ehh thats every job.

When I was working on a website the company took an extra 2 months because they kept on fighting about where each link should be on the top bar and if Facebook was a hippa violation.

I've done landscaping, contracting, waiting, working at a golf course, and baking/working at a bagel place and more.

Everyone thinks they know everything about your job. Instead of just asking for their advise most people want to take ownership of whatever they are paying somebody to do.

Until it breaks, then its somebody else's problem.

that's why I don't do contracts man... i'm a dev, I don't deal with clients, fuck clients

do you know when they start selling the travel packages?

i need to do this before I think about it too much and save myself from spending so much money on fake sports

No idea. I just bought the flights because they were free. Used my remaining Southwest miles, figured it'd be worth it

Fox318

that's why I don't do contracts man... i'm a dev, I don't deal with clients, fuck clients

anytime you work with people its going to be like that. Its why touchscreen kieosks are the future for any ordering.

And its the older generation that ruined it. When I was working at a bagel shop the number of old kooks who came in asking to feel and smell the bagels before purchase is unbelievable.

One of the people I met working on IBM's watson was talking about how the whole reason they were working on that project was to eventually take all consumer interaction away from companies and let computers who pass the Turing test handle it.

imBask

Banned
Are you working independently?

nah, thankfully Montreal is a super rich in web/gaming jobs

i'd probably be doing something else otherwise, being an independant/contract worker is not something i'm looking for in life, too much stress and pressure

I might move to gaming at some point, if I ever stop procrastinating at night and start studying

Browny

Banned
Google is my friend:

(Formatting is not...)

WWE Male Wrestlers Salaries In 2015
STAR ANNUAL SALARY Bonuses & Royalties Contract
The Rock $3.5 Million 7% bonus for high merchandise sales, only appears on selected WWE Dates 3 Year (Part Time)
John Cena $2.75 Million 7% on merchandise sales, plus hafty PPV revenue share make his actual earnings way more 5 year
Tripple H $2,12 million Also acts as WWE executive and talent contract. 5 Years
Brock Lesner $2 Million 3.25% bonus for high merchandise sales, Free Travel, PPV revenue share (2 Years) Contract expires in March 2015.
Undertaker $2.25 Million 7% bonus for high merchandise sales, Travel & Accommodation, PPV revenue share if featured on a main event 5 Years (Part-Time)
Randy Orton $1,6 million % Merchandise sales, travel and accommodation, PPV share 5 Years
Sheamus $1.3 million travel & accommodation 5 Years
Big Show $1.2 million Personal tour bus from WWE 3 Years
Dolph Ziggler $900,000 Travel & Accommodation 3 Year
Ray Mysterio $985,00 4% bonus for high merchandise sales, travel & Accommodation 5 Years
Rusev $725,000 3 Years
Danial Bryan $700,000 5 Years
Mark Henry $877,000 3 Years
Goldust $725,000 3 Years
Titus O’Niel $335,050 2 Years
Stardust $245,000 2 years
Seth Rollins $310,500 3 Years
Roman Reigns $245,000 2 Years
R-Truth $244,000 3 Years
Ryback $655,500 2 Years
Chris Jericho $974,000 2 Years
Sin Cara $245,000 2 Years
Adam Rose $165,000 2 Years
Bo Dallas $165,000 2 Years
Big E $145,000 2 Years
Bad News Barrett $445,000 3 Years
Bray Wyatt $254,200 3 Years
Bryan Saxton $170,000 3 Years
Cesaro $80,145 1 Year
Christian $595,000 3 Years
Curtis Axel $75,000 2 Years
Damien Mizdow $100,000 2 Years
Darren Young $80,145
David Otunga $75,000
Dean Ambrose $80,145
Diego $75,000
Eric Rowan $80,145
Fandango Starting Package
Fernando Starting Package
Heath Slater Starting Package
Hunico Starting Package
Jack Swagger $275,000
Jey USO $255,000
Jimmy USO $255,000
Justin Gabriel Starting Package
Kofi Kingston $354,200
Konnor Starting Package
Luke Harper Starting Package
The Miz $712,000
Xavier Woods Starting Package
Zack Ryder $535,050 3 year
Viktor Starting Package

WWE Female Wrestlers Salaries
STAR ANNUAL SALARY Bonuses & Royalties Contract
Nikki Bella $112,500 First Class Travel 5 Year
AJ Lee $104,300 5 Year
Alicia Fox $72,520 5 Year
Brie Bella $90,500 5 Year
Cameron $75,500 2 Year
Eve $109,475 3 Year
Layla $86,450 3 Year
Laliana Garcia 1 Year
Naomi $65,500 2 Year
Natalya $74,410 3 Year
Paige $65,500 2 Year
Summer Rae $65,500 2 Year

Scanning down, man did Cesaro get fucked...

2nd edit: in fact, a whole load of people are on (potentially) shitty money... Harper, Ambrose... Fuck, the Uso's each earn more than Cesaro Harper and Ambrose combined!!!

Are WWE wrestlers independent contractors or are they on payroll?

Both... kinda. Wrestlers are contractors but WWE tries to enforce exclusivity which means they really should be normal wage employees. Its a weird hybrid that only works because no one has really pushed them in court. Its also why Punk and Alberto were able to get out of their contracts so easily.

Top Bottom