• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

Aiii

So not worth it
Jim Neidhart's HOF induction will make for an amazing Total Divas episode as Natalya desperately tries to keep him sober during the day so he will actually make it through his speech.

I totally need this to happen.

It's weird, I saw Bret live and he put on the Sharpshooter and I got weird feelings about it, it kinda moved me to see something I saw SO many times as a kid happen for the first time in my life. It's strange.

Same here, I was all "I'm here for the wrestling, don't really care what Bret has to say" then when he put Tanahashi over and locked the sharpshooter in on Marty I was marking out like an eight year old, lol.

Jim Neidhart's HOF induction will make for an amazing Total Divas episode as Natalya desperately tries to keep him sober during the day so he will actually make it through his speech.

I thought Bret was Nattie's kayfabe dad.

Fox318

HFQdIm2.gif

Raw64life

Austin and the Patriots both don't care about rules set forth by authority figures and won several championships while continually breaking the rules.

Aiii

So not worth it
Why couldn't there be a Millenium Falcon Quadcopter when I was young? That would have been the best thing, ever!

Caderfix

Raven and Rhino?
no HHH?

you're fired pal

Well, what can I say, those guys always got me pumped lol
Rhino's Gore is in my top 5 finishers as well.

HHH is great... But, I don't know, after some time he became just "meh", to me.

Let me at least be a jobber, man, come on

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
NXT's Tag Tournament is going to do a lot of good. I reckon Balor and Joey Samoey will get in a tiff, and feud. Why wouldn't they?

I agree with all of this. It also needs to include cuts to 2 Paws walking around her house.

Striker

How do you all feel about Bret pushing hard for Anvil to be in HoF? Fuckin Anvil ain't shit, folks.
Goldberg should be in it, but Triple H and Shawn Michaels each have said he shouldn't. Bret's idea sounds like a more logical one and not a POS. At least induct the Hart Foundation.

How are you liking Until Dawn? I think it looks interesting but I watched a couple of the Markiplier Lets Plays of it and all of the characters seem like awful people

Which is like pretty much every horror movie centered around teens/college aged people ever. The game is great.

anvil solo gets a "no, but koko..."

hart foundation I can see.

won't even mention Martha by name, daaaammmmnnnnn

"stupidity prevails everywhere", preach it hitman 8)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's super cool Grandia II got a re-release on Steam. Great game, probably the best RPG battle system of all time. A+ game.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't played Grandia II so I can't really comment, but I'm curious - what are your favorite RPG battle systems?

Grandia series, they even made a dungeon crawler focused on battle for the PS2 (Xtreme) and I fuckin' loved it. Fuck, let's Fave Five it.

5. Final Fantasy X - simple yet elegant. No surprises. I liked it.
4. Front Mission 4 - Loved the hell out of it
3. The World Ends With You - Innovative as fuck. Two HUGE layers. So good.
2. Resonance of Fate - If you figure it out, you fall in love. Complicated and stupidly rewarding.
1. Grandia series - the GOAT

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'll grab Grandia 2 on sale. I beat the first one last year on PS3. It's a really great game

Here's the best news - the PS3 version is the worst out of them all. So it only gets better! Battle system aside, it's still VERY good and solid.

EDIT: Oh wait, the first one. Whoops. Still great!

Here's the best news - the PS3 version is the worst out of them all. So it only gets better! Battle system aside, it's still VERY good and solid.

EDIT: Oh wait, the first one. Whoops. Still great!

Looking forward to it. Grandia was a breath of fresh air for JRPGs. Not just in terms of it's systems, but it's characters and the story. It was another kids save the world thing, but it did such a great job with conveying that sense of adventure, not to mention an organic love story between Justin and Feena that actually came to fruition during the game and wasn't the prize at the end of it, like most JRPGs do with love. You get some cutscene where they hold hands or hug or some shit.

But Justin and Feena was actually super cute and it felt natural. I want to play it again now. Ugh

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If Anvil is in the HOF before the Steiner Bros, wrestling has lost.

Hart Foundation sucked. Always did. Power and Glory, Demolition, Natural Disasters, and Powers of Pain were all better than the Bret Hart vehicle with the Neidhart albatross. Neidhart is a shitty man's Rick Steiner.

Sephzilla

Grandia series, they even made a dungeon crawler focused on battle for the PS2 (Xtreme) and I fuckin' loved it. Fuck, let's Fave Five it.

5. Final Fantasy X - simple yet elegant. No surprises. I liked it.
4. Front Mission 4 - Loved the hell out of it
3. The World Ends With You - Innovative as fuck. Two HUGE layers. So good.
2. Resonance of Fate - If you figure it out, you fall in love. Complicated and stupidly rewarding.
1. Grandia series - the GOAT

I like your list, Sunny. I respect all of those choices. I'll fav five mine!

5- Super Mario RPG (It's really simple but still manages to be fun)
4- Final Fantasy X
3- Resonance of Fate (for the same reasons as Sunny)
2- Final Fantasy 7
1- Chrono Trigger

The sphere grid is the one thing about FFX's gamplay system that really sucks.

Koko B Ware is in the HOF before the Steiner Bros. Wrestling has already lost.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
tri-Ace battle systems are the besto, loved every single one

My dude.
bICsO0Z.gif

Hart Foundation sucked. Always did. Power and Glory, Demolition, Natural Disasters, and Powers of Pain were all better than the Bret Hart vehicle with the Neidhart albatross. Neidhart is a shitty man's Rick Steiner.

Cosigned, agreed 100%. Neidhart has always been a big nothing to me, and I usually like the bigger dude in tag teams.

I like your list, Sunny. I respect all of those choices. I'll fav five mine!

5- Super Mario RPG (It's really simple but still manages to be fun)
4- Final Fantasy X
3- Resonance of Fate (for the same reasons as Sunny)
2- Final Fantasy 7
1- Chrono Trigger

The sphere grid is the one thing about FFX's gamplay system that really sucks.

Man, I loved the sphere grid. When you put FF7 up there, is this due to the materia system? I always did enjoy that far more than the ATB stuff..

Fave Five JRPG battle systems

5- Resonance of Fate
4- Star Ocean 2
3- Xenogears
2- Grandia
1- Chrono Cross

I know how controversial Cross is for a lot of people, but it still remains my favorite game of all time and that system really resonated with me. Resonance of Fate is just a little higher up due to the fact that it is convoluted for all the wrong reasons. The game does a very poor job of explaining itself, but once you fill in the blanks, like you said Sunny, it's amazing.

Star Ocean's system is like a much improved version of the Tales series. Xenogears had a really cool combo system that was fun to use. Grandia was just so dynamic of a game, took the best of action rpgs and turn based and make the battles feel alive, rather than suspension of disbelief taking turns to hit one another fights.

Just missing my top five would be Earthbound, SMT titles and Xenosaga 3

Top Bottom