• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

No love for Phantasy Star IV's combos system or Final Fantasy XII's programmable combat system. Disappointed.

When I saw her for the first time, she was William Regal's manager, that got her a lot of points in my book, so I'm sort of biassed. I like her, she's not a good wrestler, but she's entertaining

Acceptable.

Redacted handshake.gif.

miserable

jVkKIPl.gif

imBask

Banned
I'm not the biggest JRPG guy but here's a random 5 that I enjoyed :

Persona 4
Chrono Trigger
Ni No Kuni
Star Ocean First Departure
All the pokemon games

My dude.
bICsO0Z.gif

Cosigned, agreed 100%. Neidhart has always been a big nothing to me, and I usually like the bigger dude in tag teams.

Man, I loved the sphere grid. When you put FF7 up there, is this due to the materia system? I always did enjoy that far more than the ATB stuff..

I loved the sphere grid because I broke it by the end of the game. Every character had every sphere unlocked. I had way too much time back then.

Striker

I don't know if Steiner Bros will get in, at all. Hunner doesn't care for Big Poppa Pump. Goldberg, Vader, Bossman, and Rude still not in. Eventually they'll run out of major names to put in though.

Five that have not been mentioned:

Child of Light - I liked this turn-based system a lot.

Phantasy Star IV - I really liked how flexible it was. And when you discovered a combo, it was awesome.

Bravely Default - Once you unlock some of the skills that let you manipulate the Bravery Points system, the combat opens beyond "Spam Bravely and hit attack."

Radiant Historia - manipulation of the turn order is the key to this combat system

Final Fantasy XII - the gambit system was a great way to take MMO combat into a single player Final Fantasy game.

MC Safety

Yet when Becky Lynch forgets to kick out of a pin, everyone acts like Emma winning is normal and fine.

Well, I can forgive Becky's botch because it was less pronounced than Eva's. Also, Becky has some talent where Eva Marie is still ... not that.

The divas 4-way match was terrible, there's no doubt about it. I'm not sure who was supposed to win, but it wasn't Emma.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
LOL @ Bret. What a fucking cunt. Best finisher? Sharpshooter. Most underrated wrestler? Tyson Kidd. Fucker is in work mode forever. Fuck you Bret. I'm sure he'll talk about the ladder match he invented that Vince and Shawn stole from him.

He just always favors his friends and countrymen so I never take anything he says seriously.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I just remembered, Kevin Owens is Canadian. It all makes sense now.

Yup. He clearly mentioned that at the start so it triggered me into my Canada hate spiral. Why even bring up that he's Canadian? Because Bret is a cunt.

Alucard

Banned
Top 5 jrpgs

1. Skies of Arcadia
2. Final Fantasy 7
3. Dragon Quest 7
4. Legend of Legaia
5. Final Fantasy 10

Hmm, good list.

In no particular order, of the ones I've played...

Final Fantasy VII
Skies of Arcadia
Final Fantasy X
Wild Arms
Chrono Trigger

---
Final Fantasy IV DS
Final Fantasy VI
Breath of Fire something something

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I just remembered, Kevin Owens is Canadian. It all makes sense now.

If you listen to anything Bret ever says (which you shouldn't) the best wrestlers to him are consistently Tyson Kidd, Natalya then Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn. Also, its entirely Samoa Joe's fault that Kidd got hurt because he's pretty sure he's a dangerous worker and that the Muscle Buster is dangerous.

I'd like to believe its all a work in character from his 90s pro-Canada stable.

painey

THE Brian Kendrick: "alright Eva, I want you to use Sliced Bread #2 as your finisher, but to keep it from looking so similar to mine, I want you to just do it absolutely as lethargically and telegraphed as possible. I want you to do it from a standing start, with no momentum, and no excitement. Robotic and soul-less as fuck"
Eva:
tumblr_nrx3vlIoMw1tidzcfo1_400.gif

THE Brian Kendrick: "perfect!"

tm24

Fav 5 RPGS/Battle systems? Lets go

5. SMT3: Nocturne
4. Bowser's Inside Story
3. FF12
2. Chrono Trigger
1. The World Ends With You

Shoutout to Star Ocean 3, the best combat system to ever be mixed with a story so terrible that I just dropped the game

Also, the PWI 500 is out and it's fantastic

Is the latest episode of ROH no longer free for non-paying subscribers? I had to resort to watching CWfH last night instead when i wanted an hour long wrestling show since NXT wasn't on Hulu yet

Caderfix

THE Brian Kendrick: "alright Eva, I want you to use Sliced Bread #2 as your finisher, but to keep it from looking so similar to mine, I want you to just do it absolutely as lethargically and telegraphed as possible. I want you to do it from a standing start, with no momentum, and no excitement. Robotic and soul-less as fuck"
Eva:
tumblr_nrx3vlIoMw1tidzcfo1_400.gif

THE Brian Kendrick: "perfect!"

Damn... That looks bad...

Does anyone know the exact Nitro where Ric Flair was dragged to the desert?

I want to watch that episode tonight.

I apologize about my comment about Eve, she is just the most beautiful Woman on earth. Next to my GF of course.

Gonzalez

Banned
Does anyone know the exact Nitro where Ric Flair was dragged to the desert?

I want to watch that episode tonight.

I apologize about my comment about Eve, she is just the most beautiful Woman on earth. Next to my GF of course.

10/25/99 Nitro

Currently not on the Network.

Aiii

So not worth it
Well, I can forgive Becky's botch because it was less pronounced than Eva's. Also, Becky has some talent where Eva Marie is still ... not that.

The divas 4-way match was terrible, there's no doubt about it. I'm not sure who was supposed to win, but it wasn't Emma.

That is because the ref actually counted the pin, instead of this ref botching and just stopping the count, dumb ref is fucking over Eva. I bet he is jealous of her push and success

been so long since I've played an rpg that I can't really remember what battle systems I like :\

I loved FFVIII's but that's more like enjoying the stat management system than the actual battle system itself...

Top Bottom