• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

MGd5tMh.gif

More wrestlers need to be watching old joshi and euro wrestling, so much innovation in both areas that could easily be brought back by the right talent.

bjork

Monday Night Raw (2016 Reboot)

Created by Executive Producers Kevin Dunn (The John Cena Experience) and Tina Fey (30 Rock), Monday Night Raw stars Stephanie McMahon-Levesque (Invasion) as Steph McMahon, a workaholic mom who has the important job of raising two kids while trying to run a global pro wrestling empire alongside a meathead ex wrestler named Triple H - who just happens to be her husband!
Steph spends her days trying to manage the wrestling "talent" - a kooky rotating cast of colorful muscular idiots including her number one talent (and her daughter's number one crush) John Cena! (Trainwreck). While the big action happens inside the ring, Steph finds herself battling with her sponsors, head office, and the companies founder - Her father (Vince McMahon, Flinstones Stone-Age Smackdown)!
This weekly 3 hour single camera action comedy series promises to be lighthearted fun for the whole family

So Aurora Rose would be like Amy Rose?

Let's see... that makes Reigns Knuckles, and Show could be Big the Cat.

Are ratings lower now than New Generation era? I am sure as far as total income the answer is they are far better now.

But still.

Are they?

Considering there's about a billion more people on the world since then, that'd take a TNA-sized effort to pull off.

Fox318

Created by Executive Producers Kevin Dunn (The John Cena™ Experience) and Tina Fey (30 Rock™), Monday Night Raw™ stars Stephanie McMahon-Levesque (Invasion™) as Steph McMahon™, a workaholic mom who has the important job of raising two kids while trying to run a global sports entertainment™ empire alongside a meathead ex sports entertainer named Triple H™ - who just happens to be her husband!
Steph™ spends her days trying to manage the sports entertainment "Superstars™" - a kooky rotating cast of colorful muscular heels™ including her number one talent (and her daughter's number one crush) John Cena™! (Trainwreck™). While the big action happens inside the ring, Steph™ finds herself battling with her sponsors, head office, and the companies founder - Her father (Vince McMahon™, Flinstones™ Stone-Age Smackdown™)!
This weekly 3 hour single camera action comedy series promises to be lighthearted fun for the whole family

fixed that

Sephzilla

I think Max Landis would be better at thinking up of long term feuds and adhering to continuity than the current WWE writing staff. To be clear, though, I think a bunch of Final Fantasy 7 fanfiction writers would also write better storylines than the WWE writers.

Landis also pitched a Man of Steel 2 idea that sounds a hundred times better than Batman vs Superman

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Now, I haven't seen Chronicle or American Ultra, but I refuse to believe they're actually worse than last night's RAW.

Was it that bad? I know they were doing shows in some super small venues.

I'm pretty sure they were hitting impact on spike tv levels

MGd5tMh.gif

More wrestlers need to be watching old joshi and euro wrestling, so much innovation in both areas that could easily be brought back by the right talent.

No bootaaay, we need strike strike strike, face spot, face gets hit by move by heel, heel uses rest holds, face comeback spot, finisher.

Bronx-Man

Banned

Created by Executive Producers Kevin Dunn (The John Cena Experience) and Tina Fey (30 Rock), Monday Night Raw stars Stephanie McMahon-Levesque (Invasion) as Steph McMahon, a workaholic mom who has the important job of raising two kids while trying to run a global pro wrestling empire alongside a meathead ex wrestler named Triple H - who just happens to be her husband!
Steph spends her days trying to manage the wrestling "talent" - a kooky rotating cast of colorful muscular idiots including her number one talent (and her daughter's number one crush) John Cena! (Trainwreck). While the big action happens inside the ring, Steph finds herself battling with her sponsors, head office, and the companies founder - Her father (Vince McMahon, Flinstones Stone-Age Smackdown)!
I'd watch the first 5 episodes.

Sephzilla

Chronicles was alright, Max Landis is alright

Landis's problem is that he think's he's a lot more original than he actually is. Most of his good Youtube videos are just him giving a cliff noted version of someone else's work. Chronicle was Akira with superhero tropes. American Ultra was "what if we made a shittier version of Chuck that's tonally inconsistent from start to finish". The Man of Steel 2 pitch he gave to Screen Junkies was good but the entire final act of it basically sounded like The Avengers only without collateral damage

klonere

Banned
MGd5tMh.gif

That's where Sasha admits to getting a lot of her inspiration. All the AJW stuff. And Eddie of course.

You liked Wing Wang Wong?!

ndliYeo.gif

How can one man be so perfect for his chosen business yet so flawed.

Truly one of life's greatest conundrums.

tm24

So it's the same thing as the grind button but if you're in the air and there's nothing to grind right below you, it drops you to the ground instantly ending your combo.
c0yNM0J.gif

I uploaded it in action as it ruins my combo. It does htis ALL the time because the rail magnetization is shitty and they wisely put the combo ending button on the SAME BUTTON AS THE GRIND BUTTON

I dont understand this it all. Has anyone at Robomodo ever played a TH game? What the hell was wrong with just ollieing to end a combo. And to put it on the same button as grind. I can't even.

This makes my head hurt more than NJPW and CMLL booking combined

Those people are dirty torrent whores
FUCK EM

Yet PWG continues to punish the fans that actually support them by sticking to outdated delivery methods. This is why my PWG purchasing has gone from; buying every show, to; buying BOLA and the 5 for $40 Winter sale.

Also, Highspots can go fuck themselves. Can you believe it actually costs MORE for a UK customer to buy BOLA from Highspots UK than it does to buy it from Highspots US or PWG direct? Fucking shambles.

bjork

Tony Hawk games

in 2015

I think this is where I'm at. I loved the first three THPS games, but when was THPS3, like 2002? Sometimes it's better to enjoy old things in their proper space than to keep trotting them out so they can be lesser and lesser to us as time goes on.

Kinda like how I see wrestling.

tm24

Yet PWG continues to punish the fans that actually support them by sticking to outdated delivery methods. This is why my PWG purchasing has gone from; buying every show, to; buying BOLA and the 5 for $40 Winter sale.

Also, Highspots can go fuck themselves. Can you believe it actually costs MORE for a UK customer to buy BOLA from Highspots UK than it does to buy it from Highspots US or PWG direct? Fucking shambles.

Part of me believes PWG gets such a good deal from highspots that it would actually cost them if they changed it

Also, the fuck?

As ROH recently discovered, you can stop me from GIF'ing stuff with a polite request, but there's a ton of GIF accounts now and not all of them are as considerate as me :p

Recall

From 2005-2008 I used to order ROH DVDs seemingly every other week from ROH themselves and they always turned up on my British doorstep within 7 days. When they had their sales it used to be about £30 for 4 DVDs (with postage), which I always thought was an acceptable price.

Entropia

No One Remembers
From 2005-2008 I used to order ROH DVDs seemingly every other week from ROH themselves and they always turned up on my British doorstep within 7 days. When they had their sales it used to be about £30 for 4 DVDs (with postage), which I always thought was an acceptable price.

What's different about a British doorstep???

Recall

Based solely on money earned due to Wrestling, which top name is the highest earner of all time?

Cena, Austin, HHH or The Rock?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If that dude who makes Botchamania can get paid money to steal other peoples content as his own, I don't know why I can't get a gif sponsorship.

I'll put Pepsi logos inbetween frames of my gifs. Just call me.

The list of promotions who've said "please stop" is indeed growing. Also, GAMI shouted at me, which was cool, I guess.

That just means gif MORE
And put watermarks. And ADS

If that dude who makes Botchamania can get paid money to steal other peoples content as his own, I don't know why I can't get a gif sponsorship.

I'll put Pepsi logos inbetween frames of my gifs. Just call me.

Maffew is...intriguing. His Patreon is a nice idea, but yeah, its other peoples shit

Top Bottom