• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

jmdajr

Yeah, once HHH directly turns on Seth you can basically resurrect The Shield

You have the feud, HHH becomes champion for the 14th time, and then shenanigans again for the 15th time.

And then Cena/HHH fight to become 16x time champ.

I like it.

jmdajr

Unrelated....

http://kotaku.com/after-complaints-street-fighters-cammy-looks-kinda-dif-1727915517

After Complaints (from japanese fans), Street Fighter's Cammy Looks Kinda Different

Give Cammy a chance.

Reading through the Hachima Kikou comments, some people felt the design was tailored for Western players and not Japanese players. “This looks like a face aimed at foreigners,” wrote one commenter. Other wondered if Japanese people were even making this game. “This is awful,” chimed in another.

kiguel182

Once Triple H stops being passive aggressive and directly attacks Seth you can have him go hat in hand to Dean/Roman. Let them beat him up a bit or have Seth be the one to turn the tide against the Wyatts in order to earn their respect then re-unite them. People fucking love the Shield more than they ever hated Seth (or Roman for that matter).

That is true. Some form of Shield reunion would do the trick. Alt ought I don't know if they'll follow that path.

They seem to be going for a Orton style of turn and I think Seth would need a bigger "redemption" arc to make him a likeable face.

How is Sting the master of mind games? Because Cole said so? He made a comment about HHH and Seth was pretty unfazed because he feels he is the man. Making one comment doesn't make him a master of anything.

Well, Sting's only been there for two weeks. On Raw and on the pre-show stuff they were hyping the mind games stuff, and it was directly referenced twice on TV last night by Steph as Sting getting into Seth's head. It was also the whole thing behind the Crow gimmick and last few years of WCW. It's not like it is a brand new thing WWE just came up without of the blue.

And despite the handshake that much was anything but a "sign of respect" even if Sting says it was. And having a wrestler say another wrestler is better than him is always weird. It would make more sense to not mention it if it wasn't for the telegraphing of the future feud between Seth and HHH.

I think you need to go by what the character says and take it from there. Also, heels have said faces were the better man, I don't see why a face can't do the same for a heel. Mentioning HHH at all is the only thing that makes sense, since the whole point was to drive a wedge between Seth and HHH.

Like HHH being super proud of Seth last week and nobody even mentioning that Seth was better than HHH and this week Sting mentions it like it's a thing and it becomes a thing for some reason. It's awkward and forced.

Cena has mentioned it in the build up to Summerslam. Seth has pissed off The Authority multiple times in the past few months, saying he did things all on his own or directly challenging HHH and then backing down. It might seem like it came out of nowhere, but it hasn't at all.

This is why WWE has to do such basic, blatant storytelling with their angles. Anything that requires people to watch, think, and remember stuff ends up with everyone confused. When they try to do something deeper than "X wants the title from X" people get confused. It's also why they have to basically just repeat the segments over and over (plus do actual replays) to make sure people get it. I don't know how you combat these things, because even when they literally scream it in your face (the Brock/Taker stuff, Seth/HHH stuff) people still don't follow the stories.

It is likely a symptom of 30 hours of weekly programming and time to fill. If they condensed all this stuff to 2 months, I'm sure it would be easier to follow, but also wouldn't mean shit when Seth and HHH finally come to blows and Seth wins. It was a lot easier to tell a year long story in the 80s when the big stars and stories only progressed once a month as opposed to having to tell that same story 100 shows in a row.

Zach

Starrcade '83: A Flair for the Gold - B

Starrcade '84: The Million Dollar Challenge - C

WrestleMania - B-
The Wrestling Classic - D+
Starrcade '85: The Gathering - C

WrestleMania 2 - C+
The Big Event - C-
Starrcade '86: The Sky Walkers - C+

WrestleMania III - B-
Starrcade '87: Chi-Town Heat - C+
Survivor Series '87 - C-

Bunkhouse Stampede '88 - C-
Royal Rumble '88 - C-
Clash of the Champions I - B+
WrestleMania IV - C
Clash of the Champions II - C+
The Great American Bash '88 - B
SummerSlam '88 - D
Clash of the Champions III - C-
Survivor Series '88 - D
Clash of the Champions IV - C+
Starrcade '88: True Gritt - B

Royal Rumble '89 - F
Clash of the Champions V - C-
Clash of the Champions VI - B
WrestleMania V - B-
WrestleWar '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VII - C+
The Great American Bash '89 - B+
SummerSlam '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VIII - B-
Halloween Havoc '89 - C+
Clash of the Champions IX - B
Survivor Series '89 - D+
Starrcade '89: Future Shock - C+

Royal Rumble '90 - D+
Clash of the Champions X - B-
WrestleWar '90 - C
WrestleMania VI - B
Capital Combat: The Return of Robocop - B-
Clash of the Champions XI - C
The Great American Bash '90 - B-
SummerSlam '90 - D
Clash of the Champions XII - D
Halloween Havoc '90 - C-
Clash of the Champions XIII - D
Survivor Series '90 - D+
Starrcade '90: Collision Course - B-

Royal Rumble '91 - D+
Clash of the Champions XIV - B-
WrestleWar '91 - C+
WrestleMania VII - D+
SuperBrawl - C-
Clash of the Champions XV - B-
The Great American Bash '91 - F
SummerSlam '91 - C-
Clash of the Champions XVI - C
Halloween Havoc '91 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVII - B-
Survivor Series '91 - D
This Tuesday in Texas - C
Starrcade '91: Battlebowl - C-

Royal Rumble '92 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVIII - B
SuperBrawl II - B+
WrestleMania VIII - B-
WrestleWar '92 - B-
Beach Blast '92 - B+
Clash of the Champions XIX - B
The Great American Bash '92 - C+
SummerSlam '92 - C-
Clash of the Champions XX - B+
Halloween Havoc '92 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXI - C+
Survivor Series '92 - C-
Starrcade '92 - B-

Clash of the Champions XXII - B
Royal Rumble '93 - C
SuperBrawl III - B-
WrestleMania IX - C-
Slamboree '93 - D+
King of the Ring '93 - C+
Clash of the Champions XXIII - B-
Beach Blast '93 - B-
Clash of the Champions XXIV - C+
SummerSlam '93 - D
Fall Brawl '93 - C-
Halloween Havoc '93 - C+
Clash of the Champions XXV - C-
BattleBowl - D
Survivor Series '93 - F
Starrcade '93 - C

Royal Rumble '94 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXVI - B-
SuperBrawl IV - B-
WrestleMania X - B-
Spring Stampede '94 - B
Slamboree '94 - C
King of the Ring '94 - D
Clash of the Champions XXVII - C
Bash at the Beach '94 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXVIII - C+
SummerSlam '94 - C-
Fall Brawl '94 - C-
Halloween Havoc '94 - D+
Clash of the Champions XXIX - D
Survivor Series '94 - F
Starrcade '94 - D

Royal Rumble '95 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXX - D+
SuperBrawl V - D+
Uncensored '95 - F
WrestleMania XI - D+
In Your House 1 - C-
Slamboree '95 - C-
The Great American Bash '95 - D
King of the Ring '95 - F
Bash at the Beach '95 - F
In Your House 2: The Lumberjacks - C
Clash of the Champions XXXI - C
SummerSlam '95 - C+
Fall Brawl '95 - D+
In Your House 3: Triple Header - C+
In Your House 4: Great White North - D+
Halloween Havoc '95 - F
Survivor Series '95 - C+
World War 3 '95 - C
In Your House 5: Seasons Beatings - C-
Starrcade '95 - B-

Royal Rumble '96 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXXII - C
SuperBrawl VI - D+
In Your House 6: Rage in the Cage - C-
Uncensored '96 - D
WrestleMania XII - B-
In Your House 7: Good Friends, Better Enemies - C-
Slamboree '96 - C
In Your House 8: Beware of Dog - B-
The Great American Bash '96 - B
King of the Ring '96 - B-
Bash at the Beach '96 - B
In Your House 9: International Incident - C-
Hog Wild - C
Clash of the Champions XXXIII - C+
SummerSlam '96 - D+
Fall Brawl '96 - B
In Your House 10: Mind Games - C
In Your House 11: Buried Alive - C+
Halloween Havoc '96 - C+
Survivor Series '96 - B-
World War 3 '96 - B-
In Your House 12: It's Time - C
Starrcade '96 - B-

Royal Rumble '97 - D+
Clash of the Champions XXXIV - C
Souled Out '97 - F
In Your House 13: Final Four - C+
WrestleMania 13 - C
Barely Legal '97 - C-
In Your House 14: Revenge of the Taker - C-
In Your House 15: A Cold Day in Hell - C
King of the Ring '97 - D+
In Your House 16: Canadian Stampede - B-
SummerSlam '97 - B
Hardcore Heaven '97 - C
Ground Zero: In Your House - D+
One Night Only - C
Badd Blood: In Your House - D+
Survivor Series '97 - C+
November to Remember '97 - C
D-Generation X: In Your House - C
While I wait on Metal Gear to be delivered, and now that the '97 Nitros are on the Network, the Chronological PPV Super Grades are back!

Guys, Souled Out '97. Miss nWo.

Miss.

nWo.

DMczaf

I love how Meltzer believes that the Sunmer/Dolph/Lana shower segment was done based on past experiences by someone on creative and wants to show he (Dolph being the standin for the person in creative who had this happen to him) was right in the situation

This carny fucking company

Fox318

I love how Meltzer believes that the Sunmer/Dolph/Lana shower segment was done based on past experiences by someone on creative and wants to show he (Dolph being the standin for the person in creative who had this happen to him) was right in the situation

OziEunE.gif

klonere

Banned

wait what

I didn't watch all of Raw, what the hell is this about?

imBask

Banned

would it really surprise you that much?

RP912

Banned
Plus 2 things didn't exist.

"What"
"This is awesome"

the only bad thing was you fucked up chants during amazing matches

I didn't really mind the "you fucked up" chants. Those chants are funny as hell, especially when a wrestler sells the chant like "yeah yeah yeah". I think the worst chant got to be "she's a crack whore" :/ :/ :/

I just cringed typing that...

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Well, Sting's only been there for two weeks. On Raw and on the pre-show stuff they were hyping the mind games stuff, and it was directly referenced twice on TV last night by Steph as Sting getting into Seth's head. It was also the whole thing behind the Crow gimmick and last few years of WCW. It's not like it is a brand new thing WWE just came up without of the blue.

I think you need to go by what the character says and take it from there. Also, heels have said faces were the better man, I don't see why a face can't do the same for a heel. Mentioning HHH at all is the only thing that makes sense, since the whole point was to drive a wedge between Seth and HHH.

Cena has mentioned it in the build up to Summerslam. Seth has pissed off The Authority multiple times in the past few months, saying he did things all on his own or directly challenging HHH and then backing down. It might seem like it came out of nowhere, but it hasn't at all.

This is why WWE has to do such basic, blatant storytelling with their angles. Anything that requires people to watch, think, and remember stuff ends up with everyone confused. When they try to do something deeper than "X wants the title from X" people get confused. It's also why they have to basically just repeat the segments over and over (plus do actual replays) to make sure people get it. I don't know how you combat these things, because even when they literally scream it in your face (the Brock/Taker stuff, Seth/HHH stuff) people still don't follow the stories.

It is likely a symptom of 30 hours of weekly programming and time to fill. If they condensed all this stuff to 2 months, I'm sure it would be easier to follow, but also wouldn't mean shit when Seth and HHH finally come to blows and Seth wins. It was a lot easier to tell a year long story in the 80s when the big stars and stories only progressed once a month as opposed to having to tell that same story 100 shows in a row.

The Authority turning on Seth isn't even remotely out of nowhere. They've been pretty much hitting us with a sledgehammer (pun intended) with it and its been going for a long time, even before Seth actually picked up the strap.

He's supposed to be an obnoxious asshole that pisses everyone off, including his benefactors. They could get a pretty good pop in a HHH/Seth match if Seth whipped out the curb stomp.

jmdajr

Post office lost my concert tickets. Great.

At least ticket company confirmed I can now use will call. What a hassle.

kiguel182

I really can't take this Ziggler/Lana storyline. It's so so bad. Not only did they ruin Lana beyond repair now we also have to endure way more Ziggler than we should in 2015. It's so bad.

This Raw there were way more segments that I rolled my eyes at that the opposite. If there weren't for the New Day there would be nothing worth watching. It's bad.

Here we go again.gif

Lehigh County District Attorney Jim Martin is expected to announce developments this afternoon in the Grand Jury investigation of Jimmy Snuka regarding the 1983 death of Nancy Argentino, his mistress at the time, who died in Allentown.

A series of articles on the 30th anniversary of her death caused the case to be reopened.

Top Bottom