• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

Dude was amazing in his role. Did you realize like me, when watching these old Nitro's that Gene never had bad chemistry with anyone?

Yep, guy could mesh well with everyone, heel or face. Had an amazing voice and body language, and he was tiny so literally everyone looked tall. Mean Gene is the perfect wrestling interviewer.

Where'd you get that idea? It's one of the best reviewed movies of the year.

They're referring to the game

So you guys recommend Mad Max? Seems to be very polarizing.

It's my GOTY so far, honestly. Don't know if it was open world fatigue causing the middling reviews, or because it doesn't have an "innovative" gameplay mechanic like the nemesis system, but it shits all over Mordor in pretty much every aspect. Just another example of why I put zero stock in professional game reviews these days.

I dunno if Komatsu will take over for Tiger Mask, but it's high time he went on his learning excursion (undoubtedly to CMLL) so he can get a new character. The problem with him taking over is that I'm pretty sure Sayama (the OG TM) owns the gimmick and basically has final say on who can use it, and with his current RJPW promotion not to mention his fierce loyalty to douchebag Inoki (shit, Sayama's promotion is basically MMA too), he may not allow NJPW to use the gimmick going forward after Yamazaki (the current TM) retires. There's also the naming convention of the real name being same first and last initial but TMV (Ikuhisa Minowa) didn't have that so I guess it doesn't matter anymore.

As far as I'm aware Sayama has a lifetime agreement that lets him call himself 'Original Tiger Mask' and create new Tigers for use in RJPW, but New Japan still retain the licence to use the Tiger Mask image and theme. It shouldn't be a problem for them to create a new Tiger and I imagine they'd entirely ignore Tiger Mask V. Also, Liger's said previously that he doesn't feel he can retire until there's a new masked character leading the Jr. division and he has mentioned the possibility of a new Tiger Mask when IV retires. They had high hopes for El Desperado when he returned from CMLL, but that didn't seem to last very long.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Flair/Savage was great.

Actually I think WM8 is quietly one of the best WrestleManias. The only problem is that whole fucking Hogan/Sid match and finish.

Even Hogan and Sid is a fun match until the end. It's probably the best total card of the Hulkamania era.

b23m5ok.gif
kFWvFCa.gif

Guerrerro in '95 was a phenomenal talent. His biggest problem was his lack of direction, which is hopefully remedied once I get to the cruiserweight division.

Sephzilla

Even Hogan and Sid is a fun match until the end. It's probably the best total card of the Hulkamania era.

WM8's card is also fucking loaded with talent.
  • HBK (with Sherri) vs Tito Santana
  • Undertaker vs Jake Roberts
  • Bret Hart vs Roddy Piper for the IC Title
  • Boss Man / WWE Superstar Virgil / Sgt Slaughter / Hacksaw Jim Duggan vs Nasty Boys / Repo Man / Mountie
  • Macho Man vs Ric Flair
  • Tatanka vs Rick Martel
  • Earthquake and Typhoon vs Ted Dibiase and IRS
  • Owen Hart vs Skinner(?)
  • Hulk Hogan vs Not-Yet-Psycho Sid
The only problem I have with this card is that Hogan/Sid should not have been the last match. Macho/Flair should have been.

Reviewers seem to be polarized by it. If you go by the common gamer it seems to be viewed a lot better (the gaf thread seems primarily positive)

Do you like batman games?. Would,you play one set in a wasteland. Then yes

It's my GOTY so far, honestly. Don't know if it was open world fatigue causing the middling reviews, or because it doesn't have an "innovative" gameplay mechanic like the nemesis system, but it shits all over Mordor in pretty much every aspect. Just another example of why I put zero stock in professional game reviews these days.

Dope. I will check it out. Don't know if there are any deals on GMG. I will check out the buy/sell thread first.

Verendus

Banned
Guerrerro in '95 was a phenomenal talent. His biggest problem was his lack of direction, which is hopefully remedied once I get to the cruiserweight division.
I think Eddie's probably the most versatile wrestler I've ever seen. He was great.

I genuinely think his legacy would've been even more tremendous by now had he not passed away so early. We lost out on a lot of great moments, and matches. Shawn Michaels, Undertaker, Triple H, John Cena, Randy Orton, Jeff Hardy, and a whole bunch of other superstars. He had an amazing future when you think about it, after an already great career, and he was loved by fans.

Watching Guerrerro v. Flair on nitro, I'm really getting the whole "vanilla midget" thought process. Eddie is wrestling better than Flair, but Eddie's character work is super bland, especially when up against Flair.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Eddie is a bad generic babyface until he starts feuding with...Chavo of all people. The rest of his career is great from a character perspective.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'd say even later than that. He was pretty bland in Radicalz as well. When he was with Art Barr, Barr did all the character work and had all the raw charisma

Gonzalez

Banned
Eddie is a bad generic babyface until he starts feuding with...Chavo of all people. The rest of his career is great from a character perspective.
He's generic, but he isn't bad. Notice that the crowd never turns on him, and that he's still very over with the fans before the heel turn. Now if you want to see bad generic faces, check out Chris Jericho.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Friends. As posted on my Twittah Muhsheen, I'm going to be a Nintendo employee. Nintendo of America, but still, an employee nonetheless.

Oh yeah? Very cool. I have you muted on Twitter so I didn't see. I'll fix that!

Congratulations! :) Everything's Coming Up Beef!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Radicalz are still one of those things that I can't believe WWE went through with.

Like when Benoit was the biggest 'star' of the four, and you're having these little guys show up on WWF tv and wrestling The Rock? And only one of them can even kind of cut a promo?

Verendus

Banned
Beef, seriously though. You need to get to the top. We need to insert someone into Microsoft. And then BatistaGAF will truly be a New World Order.

Think about that.

It would be insane. Like one of those crazy video games.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Watching random crap on WWE Network when I have nothing to do makes me miss Howard Finkel. It sounds so epic when he announces a new champion.
KuGsj.gif

Watching random crap on WWE Network when I have nothing to do makes me miss Howard Finkel. It sounds so epic when he announces a new champion.
KuGsj.gif

Never got the Fink hate from some people, he was great. Lovely guy. Really pissed me off when Punk brought him back, and the commentary couldn't resist just SHITTING all over him. It was a one off appearance, couldn't just keep your shitty backstage antics to yourselves and praise him? Ugh

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Never got the Fink hate from some people, he was great. Lovely guy. Really pissed me off when Punk brought him back, and the commentary couldn't resist just SHITTING all over him. It was a one off appearance, couldn't just keep your shitty backstage antics to yourselves and praise him? Ugh

I think that was some playful ribbing.

Punk bringing Fink back was maybe the one time I enjoyed his smark pandering, mostly because Fink seemed to enjoy it so much.

Also, congrats to Professor Beef.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
1. Fink loves the WWE more than anyone else.
2. Vince and some of his cronies apparently rib him constantly and have for 30 years.

Top Bottom