• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Do the WWE track viewing figures on past specials or recent matches in particular on the network? I'd assume they do. I wonder what kind of impact it has on pushes. Like if people are checking out Cesaro matches or Sasha matches on repeat viewings on the network. Although I'm probably kidding myself if I think anyone except Cena is notably ahead with that, too, huh?

Probably not. Vince has his own inscrutable methods for determining who's getting pushed on any given day.

Chucky T is the type of guy who will do great in NXT but wont do so hot on the main roster.

Sucks cause the guy is great too, hope I am proven wrong.

I am hopping that WWE wants to build NXT as its second brand and some of the newest signed talent is going to be NXT exclusive. Ronin in NXT would be great, but Chuck, Gargano and Swan in the main roster have no chance.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I still can't figure out why this Reigns/Ambrose angle with the Wyatt Family exists. The only thing I can imagine is that Vince figured he could make Roman look stronk by having him leech off of Ambrose's popularity. I can only hope its a set up for a heel turn. But then again, knowing this company, Ambrose will probably turn on Reigns (instead of the other way around) and get owned by him repeatedly.

Here's the Vince methodology...

Is he Cena?

Yes = Push!
No = Has Cena gone over him?

Yes = Push!
No = Feud with Barrett/Ziggler

I just wish "Cena gets over on everyone" feuds had more substance to them. Because all of them are Cena getting mad because someone insulted his honor (or the honor of the United States).

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Friends. As posted on my Twittah Muhsheen, I'm going to be a Nintendo employee. Nintendo of America, but still, an employee nonetheless.

You coming to Seattle area for ze job? (I live a couple of miles from NoA HQ)

I still can't figure out why this Reigns/Ambrose angle with the Wyatt Family exists. The only thing I can imagine is that Vince figured he could make Roman look stronk by having him leech off of Ambrose's popularity. I can only hope its a set up for a heel turn. But then again, knowing this company, Ambrose will probably turn on Reigns (instead of the other way around) and get owned by him repeatedly.

To buy time for the Shield reunion after Sting beats Rollins and Cena beats Rollins.

I just wish "Cena gets over on everyone" feuds had more substance to them. Because all of them are Cena getting mad because someone insulted his honor (or the honor of the United States).

99% of feuds in general involve that though.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Friends, I wanna buy the new Romance. Talk me into it. I'm THIS close to pushing the button.

He's generic, but he isn't bad. Notice that the crowd never turns on him, and that he's still very over with the fans before the heel turn. Now if you want to see bad generic faces, check out Chris Jericho.

Crowds absolutely turned on Eddie in the first few months of 1997. The commentators couldn't even ignore it and had to acknowledge it. It also becomes part of his angle so...I don't know what WCW shows you were watching.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Judging from the response from gaming nerds and mainstream media, New Day has THAT crossover appeal. DragonCon is changing the game.

Xavier Woods has done it.

Just saw this tidbit about Tyson Kidd. It comes from Bruce Hart. I usually ignore everything that he says.

On Tyson Kidd’s injury: “I was taken aback when I heard about, just the way WWE handled it. He injured his neck quite badly in that match with Samoa Joe. I was told when he [Tyson Kidd] was in the dressing room after, one agent, he indifferently said ‘go take your shower’. [Kidd] said no my neck is really f***ed up and I was told he said ‘we’re not going to pay for an ambulance’ and they were almost making it out like he was a hypochondriac. My niece Nattie, his wife, they said if you wanted to go to the hospital it’s your choice. She set out for the hospital and got lost in San Antonio and she finally got there after some kind of driving around. When they got there, they did the CT scans and MRIs and immediately determined that it was a near fatal injury. It was a fraction of an inch from either being a fatality or a paralysis from the neck down type thing. They notified the WWE of this, and I was told there were only 3 or 4 places in the US where they can perform this type of microsurgery that would stabilize and do what they needed to for his neck. They had to at that point charter a some kind of air ambulance from San Antonio to Florida, which was the closest place that did that type of surgery. I heard that cost $100,000 and they had to fly him back for that. At this point I was told they haven’t made any contact, WWE hasn’t called, some of the wrestlers have called TJ, as I know him. At this point as far as I’ve been told it’s certain his career’s over and that he’s fortunate to not be a paraplegic.”

Heel

Just saw this tidbit about Tyson Kidd. It comes from Bruce Hart. I usually ignore everything that he says.

On Tyson Kidd’s injury: “I was taken aback when I heard about, just the way WWE handled it. He injured his neck quite badly in that match with Samoa Joe. I was told when he [Tyson Kidd] was in the dressing room after, one agent, he indifferently said ‘go take your shower’. [Kidd] said no my neck is really f***ed up and I was told he said ‘we’re not going to pay for an ambulance’ and they were almost making it out like he was a hypochondriac. My niece Nattie, his wife, they said if you wanted to go to the hospital it’s your choice. She set out for the hospital and got lost in San Antonio and she finally got there after some kind of driving around. When they got there, they did the CT scans and MRIs and immediately determined that it was a near fatal injury. It was a fraction of an inch from either being a fatality or a paralysis from the neck down type thing. They notified the WWE of this, and I was told there were only 3 or 4 places in the US where they can perform this type of microsurgery that would stabilize and do what they needed to for his neck. They had to at that point charter a some kind of air ambulance from San Antonio to Florida, which was the closest place that did that type of surgery. I heard that cost $100,000 and they had to fly him back for that. At this point I was told they haven’t made any contact, WWE hasn’t called, some of the wrestlers have called TJ, as I know him. At this point as far as I’ve been told it’s certain his career’s over and that he’s fortunate to not be a paraplegic.”

Carny as fuck

Then
Now
Forever

I'll believe that when it is from Tyson, Nattie, Bret, or even Anvil. I ain't trusting shit Bruce Hart says about anything ever. Bruce Hart the type of fuck to throw out MGS5 spoilers like some other assholes in this thread. There are 800 Metal Gear threads on gaming. Please keep MGS5 talk out of here.

This is just a thought I had, probably really farfetched, but does anyone know anything about how you get in on the production side of WWE? Cam ops, post-production, that kinda thing.

edit:

actually i looked it up and they, somewhat surprisingly, have vacancies posted online.

This is just a thought I had, probably really farfetched, but does anyone know anything about how you get in on the production side of WWE? Cam ops, post-production, that kinda thing.

5933_1.gif

Heel

Bruce Hart the type of fuck to throw out MGS5 spoilers like some other assholes in this thread. There are 800 Metal Gear threads on gaming. Please keep MGS5 talk out of here.

I know, right? The kideo has been out for 48 hours and you fricks want to pour over it in a wrestling thread.

Kick rocks, friends.

edit:

actually i looked it up and they, somewhat surprisingly, have vacancies posted online.

Place like WWE will always have openings for stuff like that.

Rule number 1, WWE does not hire wrestling fans. I've known 5 people who once worked for WWE's production team. None of them were fans and they confirmed the "no fans allowed" rule.

Not shocked. Can't afford to hire marks with too much opinions to do their job right.

Friends. As posted on my Twittah Muhsheen, I'm going to be a Nintendo employee. Nintendo of America, but still, an employee nonetheless.

Any particular department? I worked with a few guys from NOA pr back at my old job and they were VERY protective of the company as a whole but also very easy to deal with. Congrats and best of luck!

Heel

Rule number 1, WWE does not hire wrestling fans. I've known 5 people who once worked for WWE's production team. None of them were fans and they confirmed the "no fans allowed" rule.

"Oh, is this like that Rondo Rousey stuff?" #Safe

"When are you guys going to give Aaron Haddad a serious push?" #DeadGiveaway

Carnby

Tell these stories

Lol okay. Here's one. Let's call the guy I knew "Marc."

It's 5 PM on a Friday at Titan Towers. Marc is on his way out when a supervisor asks him to find footage of an account exterior shot of some arena in Europe. After spending hours looking for it, he finds it, but gets yelled at because the only footage they have on fike is shot in PAL. So it can't be used.

He also told me the process of how they made those awesome recap montages at the end of each PPV. More to come. I gotta charge my phone.

#1 desired qualification of the job i'm looking at is 'knowledge of WWE product'.

a lot of their current roster grew up as a big old marks.

where do you get that from? i guess it just means 'wwe doesn't hire stupid people who want to work from the inside to push their favourite wrestler'?

Lol okay. Here's one. Let's call the guy I knew "Marc."

It's 5 PM on a Friday at Titan Towers. Marc is on his way out when a supervisor asks him to find footage of an account exterior shot of some arena in Europe. After spending hours looking for it, he finds it, but gets yelled at because the only footage they have on fike is shot in PAL. So it can't be used.

He also told me the process of how they made those awesome recap montages at the end of each PPV. More to come. I gotta charge my phone.

That's not a very good story.

Fox318

• Fire Hayes
  • Make WWE pay for medical

Top Bottom