• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

Striker

Once Tyson and Natalya are gone from the WWE, they'll share something similar to that, I'm sure.

Tyson should be getting everything and then some paid for by them.

Fox318

A. That story is probably bullshit considering the source
B. WWE always pays for stuff like that

At least WWE has a spotless record with medical right...

right...

Uf2h1cI.jpg

Just saw this tidbit about Tyson Kidd. It comes from Bruce Hart. I usually ignore everything that he says.

On Tyson Kidd’s injury: “I was taken aback when I heard about, just the way WWE handled it. He injured his neck quite badly in that match with Samoa Joe. I was told when he [Tyson Kidd] was in the dressing room after, one agent, he indifferently said ‘go take your shower’. [Kidd] said no my neck is really f***ed up and I was told he said ‘we’re not going to pay for an ambulance’ and they were almost making it out like he was a hypochondriac. My niece Nattie, his wife, they said if you wanted to go to the hospital it’s your choice. She set out for the hospital and got lost in San Antonio and she finally got there after some kind of driving around. When they got there, they did the CT scans and MRIs and immediately determined that it was a near fatal injury. It was a fraction of an inch from either being a fatality or a paralysis from the neck down type thing. They notified the WWE of this, and I was told there were only 3 or 4 places in the US where they can perform this type of microsurgery that would stabilize and do what they needed to for his neck. They had to at that point charter a some kind of air ambulance from San Antonio to Florida, which was the closest place that did that type of surgery. I heard that cost $100,000 and they had to fly him back for that. At this point I was told they haven’t made any contact, WWE hasn’t called, some of the wrestlers have called TJ, as I know him. At this point as far as I’ve been told it’s certain his career’s over and that he’s fortunate to not be a paraplegic.”

TJ Wilson
1h1 hour ago
TJ Wilson ‏@KiddWWE
Just for the record I haven't had contact with Bruce Hart in over a decade. End of story, rumor mill over!

Fox318

Listen to Y2J's podcast with Kidd where they talk about Bruce.

NOBODY likes him.

Hell he almost ruined Austin's Career and fucked over Owen at Canadian Stampede.

somedevil

All I remember about Bruce Hart is from review a wai. I know he got real pissed at Bret when he chose Owen to have the big storyline with instead of him.

Plus I believe he was the one Doink nailed with a bucket of water and made Heenan break down in insane laughter.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
All I remember about Bruce Hart is from review a wai. I know he got real pissed at Bret when he chose Owen to have the big storyline with instead of him.

Plus I believe he was the one Doink nailed with a bucket of water and made Heenan break down in insane laughter.

lmao, now I want to see that.

Savitar

Isn't Bruce one of the two Hart brothers that had Jericho and Lance Storm make sign contracts when they were learning to wrestle if they ever hit it big they got a share of their income. Not that the contracts were worth the paper it was written on mind you.

Bruce brought a camera crew to get footage of the incapacitated Bret after his stroke but luck was with Bret as he wasn't home at the time when Bruce came.

Dude's a shit head through and through.

Bruce's carny stories transcend being called a "carny". You gotta respect that. Some of the shit that has been said about this man is stuff of legends. He should be inducted for those reasons alone. Fuck Anvil.

Heel

Let this be a reminder to us all: Never believe anyone in professional wrestling. Maybe it's TJ who's lying.

Carnby

That's not a very good story.

Undertaker choke slammed him because he took a long lunch. Better?

He had to quit because wwe pays shit and he couldn't afford to live on his salary. Then again, working in tv pays shit. That's why I changed careers.

Barrage

Undertaker choke slammed him because he took a long lunch. Better?

He had to quit because wwe pays shit and he couldn't afford to live on his salary. Then again, working in tv pays shit. That's why I changed careers.

Don't worry the end of the rainbow for me.

What do you do now?

Fox318

If you take Scott Steiner or Paul Orndorff's word, those legends would probably see VERY little of that cash.

That's why all of them are on Prewrestlingtees they get better margins.

The percentages that WWE gives out are terrible and their designs are just as bad as on the Onehourtees site.

If there is anything that wrestling really needs its a bunch of graphic designers and artists to weed out some of these shit shirts

If there is anything that wrestling really needs its a bunch of graphic designers and artists to weed out some of these shit shirts

Definitely. WWE has very few hits every once in a while. That OG after pipebomb punk shirt was great. A few of his were. Some of Bryan's were fun. Cesaro's have been pretty alright for the most part. Am I leaving anything out?

It's easier to get some intern to fart out a colorful drawing that kids and adults with no sense of style will buy than to actually hire an artiste to design something.

Also Foley passed up on money out of principle in the name of the boys getting short changed, but did it do anything other than cost the Foley household a lighter Christmas?

It's easier to get some intern to fart out a colorful drawing that kids and adults with no sense of style will buy than to actually hire an artiste to design something.

Also Foley passed up on money out of principle in the name of the boys getting short changed, but did it do anything other than cost the Foley household a lighter Christmas?

We all know who the real Foley household bread winner is

Fox318

Definitely. WWE has very few hits every once in a while. That OG after pipebomb punk shirt was great. A few of his were. Some of Bryan's were fun. Cesaro's have been pretty alright for the most part. Am I leaving anything out?

His new shirt is actually decent.

Although I think for the most part the designes are all fucking stupid. The Suplex City shirts that people were cranking out the day after wrestlemania were better than the one wwe made.

Plus I wish they would stop it with the designs on the back of the shirt.

With the exception of event shirts that list the card, Austin's 3:16 shirt with the skull, and maybe Brahma Bull shirt they all fucking suck.

It looks dumb. The proportions are either too small and look stupid or too big and embarrassing

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I really need to find a way to buy this
CGZoivbUIAAFHrX.jpg

Aren't those two pretty bad with money..?

Not that I know of.

If you need another example, there's a reason Bret Hart is just friendly with the WWE and isn't on a Legends Contract and instead sells his shit through other websites

His new shirt is actually decent.

Although I think for the most part the designes are all fucking stupid. The Suplex City shirts that people were cranking out the day after wrestlemania were better than the one wwe made.

Plus I wish they would stop it with the designs on the back of the shirt.

With the exception of event shirts that list the card, Austin's 3:16 shirt with the skull, and maybe Brahma Bull shirt they all fucking suck.

It looks dumb. The proportions are either too small and look stupid or too big and embarrassing

Yeah, because they're simple shirts that don't SCREAM pro-wrestling. Good designs go a long way. But most people don't give a shit. Kids will buy anything and the obsessed adult fans/collectors will buy damn near anything. There's no reason for them to put in any effort.

And yeah, the fits are always weird. It varies from shirt to shirt. Sometimes it's the sleeves, the torso or even the collar.

Not that I know of.

If you need another example, there's a reason Bret Hart is just friendly with the WWE and isn't on a Legends Contract and instead sells his shit through other websites

That's sad to hear. Like I can get not giving a lot to guys like repoman who didn't do much. But people who did a lot for the business getting shortchanged really sucks to hear about.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't know where Hall, Waltman, and Hogan stand, but I know Nash owns some kind of part of the NWO stuff too. Because he went to court with the WWE and Turner over it. So that's why he still does ok and why guys like Chono can sell NWO stuff in Japan.

Kamaitachi isn't on the Aniversio card. Wonder if he's heading back to NJPW soon.

Top Bottom