• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

Saturday Night Fever is pretty great. I find it funny how it's marketed found John Travolta dancing in a suit but it's really a pretty harsh criticism on the youth of its time.

Fox318

Yeah, because they're simple shirts that don't SCREAM pro-wrestling. Good designs go a long way. But most people don't give a shit. Kids will buy anything and the obsessed adult fans/collectors will buy damn near anything. There's no reason for them to put in any effort.

And yeah, the fits are always weird. It varies from shirt to shirt. Sometimes it's the sleeves, the torso or even the collar.

And there's a place for that for did's shirts but the kids ain't buying the plaques and they aren't the ones buying the network.

Look at what sports teams do to sell merch. They will screen print cheap kids stuff for high margins then they will make higher quality stuff for adults.

If the WWE really wants to prove to advertisers that their customer base has spending power they need to target adults more. The loss and devaluing of Hogan's merch does make that a little tougher but they are still missing the mark on some shit.

• Polos/ Gear somebody could wear without looking like you came from a rock concert
  • Fitted/Snapback Caps with just a logo on the front
  • Leather Jackets with older wrestler logos
  • Simple designs that anyone would want to wear

Part of the reason NFL gets so much ad money is because marketers look at an audience with spending power.

WWE already has an audience that pretty much is engrained to wear merch when going to events so why not take advantage of that more?

Here is an example:

A Bret Hart Jacket
ayysDSj.jpg
Ry79ETG.jpg

All Tyson said was that he hadn't been in contact with Bruce Hart for over a decade, and Bruce never indicated he talked with Tyson, did he? Tyson never refuted the claims he made.

#BruceWasRight

And there's a place for that for did's shirts but the kids ain't buying the plaques and they aren't the ones buying the network.

Look at what sports teams do to sell merch. They will screen print cheap kids stuff for high margins then they will make higher quality stuff for adults.

If the WWE really wants to prove to advertisers that their customer base has spending power they need to target adults more. The loss and devaluing of Hogan's merch does make that a little tougher but they are still missing the mark on some shit.

• Polos/ Gear somebody could wear without looking like you came from a rock concert
  • Fitted/Snapback Caps with just a logo on the front
  • Leather Jackets with older wrestler logos
  • Simple designs that anyone would want to wear

I could see a lot of KO fans wearing a flat brimmed KO snap back. There's a gaming site that does something that I like, and I get it'll probably be harder in regards to some wrestlers merch. But basically, it's just really subtle designs that only other fans the thing would catch onto, and they're pretty stylish. So it's kinda win/win. You look good, and if someone catches it, there's a good conversation piece.

But yeah, totally for the idea of better gear for older fans, and just better overall stuff for the current roster. Some of it is so uninspired. Currently, I'd probably only buy a Cesaro shirt and a KO shirt.

Even something like Rusev's jacket. Hell, I loved some of Cesaro's jackets he's worn over the years. WWE could do a sporting line too. Workout gear

Carnby

When I was at summer slam this year I bought a KO shirt. I wasn't proud of it, I juat wanted a souvenir. It was either KO or the Summer Slam "i was there" shirt. I decided on KO because at least 10 cents would go to Kevin for the sale.

When I was at summer slam this year I bought a KO shirt. I wasn't proud of it, I juat wanted a souvenir. It was either KO or the Summer Slam "i was there" shirt. I decided on KO because at least 10 cents would go to Kevin for the sale.

"For only ten cents a day, you can help feed a starving Kevin Owens"

x6enj6T.png

♫ In the arms of the angels ♫

damn right

#FearlessNikki
#BrieMode
#BellaBrand

Feelin the Bella support tonight

#CmonBrie
#CmonNikki
#SayYesJohn

Fox318

I could see a lot of KO fans wearing a flat brimmed KO snap back. There's a gaming site that does something that I like, and I get it'll probably be harder in regards to some wrestlers merch. But basically, it's just really subtle designs that only other fans the thing would catch onto, and they're pretty stylish. So it's kinda win/win. You look good, and if someone catches it, there's a good conversation piece.

But yeah, totally for the idea of better gear for older fans, and just better overall stuff for the current roster. Some of it is so uninspired. Currently, I'd probably only buy a Cesaro shirt and a KO shirt.

Even something like Rusev's jacket. Hell, I loved some of Cesaro's jackets he's worn over the years. WWE could do a sporting line too. Workout gear

They have so many things they could do and I honestly think it would improve the brand value.

I almost bought that hat at the NXT show but its so gaudy and busy.

If it was just the KO logo or the 'Fight Owens Fight" on the front it would have been perfect.

Their problem is they must make all of these hats in house with patches and stitching machines because I've seen better work out of cheap ass t-shirt shops.

here is an example

OLTloaM.png

Stitching work on that is un-fucking-acceptable

Fox318

"For only ten cents a day, you can help feed a starving Kevin Owens"

x6enj6T.png

♫ In the arms of the angels ♫
He is doing ok now

Bhaybo1.jpg

that hat...

tumblr_niz8chFB6t1ql5yr7o1_500.gif
Sadly the best hats they make are like this

Screen printed patch or a regular patch on a trucker cap.

but most of their shit is horrible, gaudy, and unnecessarily busy. Its the type of shit you would refuse if it was given to you for free at a conference

Cena and maybe the Usos are the onlys ones whose merch would be ok for this quality since their target audience is children that like bright ass colors.

Fox318

https://twitter.com/c_hawk1994/status/640000490013650944

^^^ Video of Cena's injury??
WWE News: John Cena possibly injured tonight at house show

According to live reports, Cena was doing the Infrared (a sunset flip move popularized by Amazing Red and Rey Mysterio Jr.) and landed on his head. They went right to the finish with Cena winning, and officials helped him in the ring.

More on this story as it develops.

http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-top-stories/96-wwe-news/44398-cena-possibly-injured-tonight

jred2k

Fox's quest for a WWE polo shirt is about the only thing that could make Cesaro winning the Royal Rumble plausible.

Nice work.

Fox318

Fox's quest for a WWE polo shirt is about the only thing that could make Cesaro winning the Royal Rumble plausible.

Nice work.

Belive it or not they did make a few but I'm not wearing any HHH shit as long as I live.

oGd792b.png
FIhzRqL.png
4DOVo04.png
dw0N7AK.png

I really want to meet somebody who is buying a fucking HHH or Miz shirt in general.

Now you want to talk a fucking polo shirt here you go:

DSqCBPH.jpg

Top Bottom