• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

Mizerman

According to the sources within this very thread, the """doctors""" who said vanilla midget vegan terrible beard anti vax Bryan are in fact, nothing more than hipster shaman who extol the virtues of energy crystals and those weird bracelet things.

Daniel Bryan is a delusional cripple who will never compete in a WWE ring ever again, and the business is better for it. His title reign was the zenith of fans hijacking the show and demanding to have a say in the creative process, running right over honest people like Batista, who were sacrificed in favor of an odious little goat who proceeded to shame John Cena with his bullshit comeback victories at WM30. He did nothing after he won, was a terrible champion and when he came back decided in his infinite wisdom to base his offense and selling around his neck.

I for one hope there are no honest, actual DBry fans out there as fandom of this man belies an incredible, naive idiocy found mostly in children with learning disabilities.

Good day to you sir.

I've read this in Sheamus' voice and at the very least, I can actually understand the wording.

According to the sources within this very thread, the """doctors""" who said vanilla midget vegan terrible beard anti vax Bryan are in fact, nothing more than hipster shaman who extol the virtues of energy crystals and those weird bracelet things.

Daniel Bryan is a delusional cripple who will never compete in a WWE ring ever again, and the business is better for it. His title reign was the zenith of fans hijacking the show and demanding to have a say in the creative process, running right over honest people like Batista, who were sacrificed in favor of an odious little goat who proceeded to shame John Cena with his bullshit comeback victories at WM30. He did nothing after he won, was a terrible champion and when he came back decided in his infinite wisdom to base his offense and selling around his neck.

I for one hope there are no honest, actual DBry fans out there as fandom of this man belies an incredible, naive idiocy found mostly in children with learning disabilities.

Good day to you sir.

Glad you see the light, friend. I look forward to Sheamus' inevitable world title reign, even if it comes at the expense of Stang

DMczaf

xFzzPEu.gif

Roman?

somedevil

It's a wonder people still take devil and carnby seriously. At least the tide's turned on real_stalker
\

I don't know what I did piss you off but I'm sorry. Its not like all your predictions have become fact.

Didn't you predict a Cena win at Summerslam and a Owens and Joe lose as well during that weekend?

Gonzalez

Banned
xFzzPEu.gif

What a terrible, human piece of shit that guy is. All because he didn't do enough movez.
Why do wrestlers have trouble catching, and standing up when a wrestler dives on them, but a few fans at a GnR concert have no trouble catching Axel? Should Vince be signing these fans.

Aiii

So not worth it
I hate Kojima and his "Chicken Hat" suggestion after you fail a mission a couple of times. I get it Kojima, I suck at your game, no need to taunt me about it, ffs.

shaowebb

Good day to you sir.

cyTVPQJ.gif

Seriously...nothing prompted that tirade. Its a forum post not a promo and no one was asking your opinion on his career or who should and should not get pushes. I wanted to know the full story about his health situation not your bloated angry opinion on product and who needs pushes.

Why do wrestlers have trouble catching, and standing up when a wrestler dives on them, but a few fans at a GnR concert have no trouble catching Axel? Should Vince be signing these fans.

We talking old GNR or new GNR? Because if it's the former, the fans were heavier than Axl back then, and if it's the latter, the people who still are fans are about the same weight now

At least IRS was one of the last to fall. #BringBackIRS

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Seriously...nothing prompted that tirade. Its a forum post not a promo and no one was asking your opinion on his career or who should and should not get pushes. I wanted to know the full story about his health situation not your bloated angry opinion on product and who needs pushes.

Yep, knew this would happen as soon as I read his post. Dudes in here can't even put aside their tryhard gimmick posting for one minute to answer a harmless question from someone who isn't part of the community. This thread has gotten insular as fuck.

somedevil

Here the situation. His neck and arm is fine though he lost some strength in it. He has said he could of wrestled at Summerslam. The problem is the amount of concussions he has had.

He been cleared by a neurologist in Phoenix that has worked with the NFL. Its just up to the WWE doctors to clear him.

No one knows if they will do that anytime soon. Right now they are keeping him busy sending him all over the world but he has said he wants to wrestle again.

So he has 3 years left on his contract and the WWE and him will have to decide what his future in the ring will be.

Good day to you sir.

giphy.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wait...didn't his doctor's clear him to return to the ring recently? Are the WWE doctor's refusing him from coming back now? Is he okay or not?
It's weird. He says he's cleared by his doctors, but WWE docs say no. Then Bryan says on Tough Talk that he might die if he gets back in the ring again.

I think he's done but I don't understand the weird deception.

shaowebb

Yep, knew this would happen as soon as I read his post. Dudes in here can't even put aside their tryhard gimmick posting for one minute to answer a harmless question from someone who isn't part of the community. This thread has gotten insular as fuck.

Here the situation. His neck and arm is fine though he lost some strength in it. The problem is the amount of concussions he has had.

He been cleared by a neurologist in Phoenix that has worked with the NFL. Its just up to the WWE doctors to clear him.

No one knows if they will do that anytime soon. Right now they are keeping him busy sending him all over the world but he has said he wants to wrestle again.

So he has 3 years left on his contract and the WWE and him will have to decide what his future in the ring will be.

Thanks for this. I knew his contract still had a few years and there was something online about him being cleared, but I was curious what was up. Its a career like any other, and not being able to work is pretty hard for wrestlers as fallback options are generally low. My old guy became a gym coach after he stopped jobbing for WCW which is actually a lucky break. I've met dudes like Harley Race, and Tommy Rich and those dudes just never found anything else. It gets reaaaaaaaally rough for folks once they leave the industry. Not certain what the options are for someone if they left the spotlight over an injury with no fallback before they even peaked (though he was on his way. Super over).

All I needed to hear.

I disagree with calling it gimmick posting. Last year I called him coming back, not winning the Rumble again, him getting hurt again, and the Rumble thing upsetting brats again. It happened to a T, and people still kept trying to defend him while making everything else look bad in comparison for the crime of Not Being Him. Fuck it, and fuck him. I hope he never comes back, because the show deserves to go on without fear of brats not getting their way and throwing televised tantrums while doing The Wave on camera during anything that isn't mentioning or featuring him. It shouldn't be considered a gimmick to point any of that out.

As for the insular thing, it's not as bad as it once was and we're still working on it. I strongly recommend doing discussions on here every now and then that aren't just wrestling related, but every time we do that we get another complainer. We want to welcome people for wrestling discussion here, but we also don't want you to feel secluded by that like it's all you can talk about here. The whole point of communities is you should be able to blend in, be friendly or at least courteous, and have fun. Apparently we still need to work on that, and I'm sorry you've had this experience.

For a less hostile answer to shaowebb's question: it's complicated. He says he's fine and his doctor has cleared him, but that gets to rough territory (see the NFL's Chargers situation where the doctor got fired for lying about people's health, and the Washington situation where an independent doctor just quit for lying about RG3's health). Even rougher when he admits in his book and numerous interviews throughout the years that he's lied about his health to get back in the ring before. WWE has nothing to gain by sending him out there (fans will just ruin another Rumble and Mania), Bryan has nothing to gain by going back out there (he's admitted he could be paralyzed or dead with one more bump, but he says he's fine with that). It's a standstill, and unless both sides part ways there really is no good ending for both of them.

Striker

Cena really needs to stop doing shitty versions of shitty flippy indy moves where he just ends up planting himself on his head/ass. The yoshi tonic always looks ass when smaller guys use it unless it's a powerbomb reversal; Cena's never going to make it look good.
But what about his 5* matches, breh? Dem moves.

I'm not sure what Bryan is waiting for because in one interview he outright said the WWE contract won't hold up in court (which who really knows) but if he feesl that way why hasn't he made a move yet?

I'm not sure what Bryan is waiting for because in one interview he outright said the WWE contract won't hold up in court (which who really knows) but if he feesl that way why hasn't he made a move yet?

Maybe thinks it'll make him look bad to potential indy places if he takes WWE to court; "if he'll take them to court, would he take us to court too if we had him and held him out because we think his brain's too messed up?" And they don't have WWE money, they couldn't afford to lose and pay him or lose and deal with the publicity if he dies in their ring.

At that point his only realistic option would be New Japan, and if they don't want him dying in-ring or don't want WWE pissed at them, they could say no, and then he's even more fucked.

Verendus

Banned
Guys, don't worry.

I'm here. I'll get you all thinking positive again.

You may not be aware of this, but tonight is the night when Pro-Wrestling's sister sport, Mixed Martial Arts, will be holding an event. There are many different ethnicities being represented, and we even have kids in the main event.

There could even be a shoryuken tonight.

Whenever you're feeling down, just remember that. Street Fighter for real. Except without the street fighting obviously, because we're not barbarians.

Mizerman

Guys, don't worry.

I'm here. I'll get you all thinking positive again.

You may not be aware of this, but tonight is the night when Pro-Wrestling's sister sport, Mixed Martial Arts, will be holding an event. There are many different ethnicities being represented, and we even have kids in the main event.

There could even be a shoryuken tonight.

Whenever you're feeling down, just remember that. Street Fighter for real. Except without the street fighting obviously, because we're not barbarians.

B-But...Street Fighting is still real to me, dammit!

Menome

Is there a video of Bryan saying he could die in the ring? I believe it but I need to see how stupid he actually is

Penultimate episode of Tough Enough I believe, I'll see if I can find a time-stamped link.

EDIT: No luck, could have been the episode before or after, but I can't be scouring four episodes of Tough Enough. I remember people here being all: "Oh my, did he just admit that he could die in the ring?" so it definitely happened.

Those who get so angry about "those gosh darn millennials hijacking the show" got worked pretty hard, plus, the most amazing thing about that whole angle? WWE don't even take any of the blame, because they're victims of neckbearded man-children who throw their toys out of the pram when things don't go their way.

Carnby the kind of guy to make quad jokes in 2015.
You realize that Nash himself made a quad joke in 2015 by pretending to hurt said muscle during a Wrestlemania match which he participated in as a 55 year-old man in 2015, a match that bumped the tag team title match, featuring talent like Cesaro and New Day, along with the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royale to the pre-show?

I'm just saying, maybe Kevin Nash is actually a better wrestler than Sting, but that's not saying much. He is, at the very least, four months younger. Sure, his nickname on the Usenet group rec.sport.pro-wrestling back when he was popular and only in his 40s was "Big Lazy", but look at the first verb: "Big". Kevin Nash is big. Like, only an inch or two shorter than The Great Khali. Nobody can argue with that. He was even big during his angle with CM Punk that he received for his 50th birthday.

Sure, his nickname on the Usenet group rec.sport.pro-wrestling back when he was popular and only in his 40s was "Big Lazy", but look at the first verb: "Big". Kevin Nash is big. Like, only an inch or two shorter than The Great Khali. Nobody can argue with that.

Or teach it, according to enzo amore

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I disagree with calling it gimmick posting. Last year I called him coming back, not winning the Rumble again, him getting hurt again, and the Rumble thing upsetting brats again. It happened to a T, and people still kept trying to defend him while making everything else look bad in comparison for the crime of Not Being Him. Fuck it, and fuck him. I hope he never comes back, because the show deserves to go on without fear of brats not getting their way and throwing televised tantrums while doing The Wave on camera during anything that isn't mentioning or featuring him. It shouldn't be considered a gimmick to point any of that out.

As for the insular thing, it's not as bad as it once was and we're still working on it. I strongly recommend doing discussions on here every now and then that aren't just wrestling related, but every time we do that we get another complainer. We want to welcome people for wrestling discussion here, but we also don't want you to feel secluded by that like it's all you can talk about here. The whole point of communities is you should be able to blend in, be friendly or at least courteous, and have fun. Apparently we still need to work on that, and I'm sorry you've had this experience.

I was specifically referring to klonere's post, for the record. And here's the thing: I don't entirely disagree with you, but I'm sure you can see how it's kinda fucked up to go into full on WrassleGAF mode (best thing I can think of, if I can't call it gimmick posting) when someone who isn't a member of the community and isn't attuned to the way things work around here comes in and asks a simple question. Hell, I'd have reacted the same way shao did were it me in his shoes.

And look, I know how WrassleGAF is. I've been posting in here since 2010, long before a lot of the current crop of WrassleGAF posters even joined GAF. Back when, yes, threads struggled to break 5,000 posts, but things just felt...better back then, at least to me. Before the personalities took over and everyone decided they wanted to pretend to be wrestlers and cut promos on one another. And for a while when we wanted to cut loose we had Midnight WrassleGAF, but that didn't last too terribly long before Kev cracked down on us (probably deservedly so). Things were just more enjoyable for me, personally, back then.

I don't know. I don't like WrassleGAF that much anymore, and haven't for a while now. And I've made no secret of that the few times I've brought it up. But at the same time, eh, there's nothing to be done about it. At this point I feel like an old man yelling at clouds. Everyone else seems to be fine with it, I guess, so clearly I'm the one in the wrong here. I sure do miss the old days, though.

I was specifically referring to klonere's post, for the record. And here's the thing: I don't entirely disagree with you, but I'm sure you can see how it's kinda fucked up to go into full on WrassleGAF mode (best thing I can think of, if I can't call it gimmick posting) when someone who isn't a member of the community and isn't attuned to the way things work around here comes in and asks a simple question. Hell, I'd have reacted the same way shao did were it me in his shoes.

And look, I know how WrassleGAF is. I've been posting in here since 2010, long before a lot of the current crop of WrassleGAF posters even joined GAF. Back when, yes, threads struggled to break 5,000 posts, but things just felt...better back then, at least to me. Before the personalities took over and everyone decided they wanted to pretend to be wrestlers and cut promos on one another. And for a while when we wanted to cut loose we had Midnight WrassleGAF, but that didn't last too terribly long before Kev cracked down on us (probably deservedly so). Things were just more enjoyable for me, personally, back then.

I don't know. I don't like WrassleGAF that much anymore, and haven't for a while now. And I've made no secret of that the few times I've brought it up. But at the same time, eh, there's nothing to be done about it. At this point I feel like an old man yelling at clouds. Everyone else seems to be fine with it, I guess, so clearly I'm the one in the wrong here. I sure do miss the old days, though.

I just see the wrassleGAF posts as cheap heat and ignore.

I'm excited. DBryan is my favourite WWE wrestler and I can't wait for his return as the MYSTERY PARTNER~!

Oh we shooting?

All those old timers strip mined the threads for so long, leaving us all to fill the potholes, didn't pass the torch. Now us young lions want a bigger piece of the carcass.

Verendus

Banned
Hold on a second. If we're breaking this down into generations, then back then was the beginning, and business has clearly picked up now, so we're obviously in the Attitude Era.

Makes sense.

Mizerman

I get where you're coming from and sometimes, some places do get intolerable for many reasons. Quite frankly, some posts aren't really worth the time and effort...especially from those who are feeling themselves too much and believing their own hype.

Sometimes, you just gotta steer clear of bad elements and clear your head.

What exactly is a "dumpass"?

If any of those people legitimately thought this was going to be her new theme I would hope they're just gullible children...

A dumpass is presumably a person who poops a lot & thus is frequently full of shit. Or, it's another term for Mick Foley, whom Terry Funk described as a "satchel ass" in a promo lost to the Internet.

Top Bottom