• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

MC Safety

I was specifically referring to klonere's post, for the record. And here's the thing: I don't entirely disagree with you, but I'm sure you can see how it's kinda fucked up to go into full on WrassleGAF mode (best thing I can think of, if I can't call it gimmick posting) when someone who isn't a member of the community and isn't attuned to the way things work around here comes in and asks a simple question. Hell, I'd have reacted the same way shao did were it me in his shoes.

And look, I know how WrassleGAF is. I've been posting in here since 2010, long before a lot of the current crop of WrassleGAF posters even joined GAF. Back when, yes, threads struggled to break 5,000 posts, but things just felt...better back then, at least to me. Before the personalities took over and everyone decided they wanted to pretend to be wrestlers and cut promos on one another. And for a while when we wanted to cut loose we had Midnight WrassleGAF, but that didn't last too terribly long before Kev cracked down on us (probably deservedly so). Things were just more enjoyable for me, personally, back then.

I don't know. I don't like WrassleGAF that much anymore, and haven't for a while now. And I've made no secret of that the few times I've brought it up. But at the same time, eh, there's nothing to be done about it. At this point I feel like an old man yelling at clouds. Everyone else seems to be fine with it, I guess, so clearly I'm the one in the wrong here. I sure do miss the old days, though.

A lot of what goes on here embarrasses me, too.

I like the commentary, but the pretending to be a wrestler stuff is painful.

Mizerman

I still remember the Nash vs Goldberg match for the WCW Title. When that streak endd that way, I was kinda surprised and pissed (still a kid and was a huge Goldberg fan at the time).

Choice commentary thus far:

Tennay: [giving concussion/crusierweight/backstory blah blah blah]
Hennan: Who cares?
Schiavone: I didn't even realize there was a Thunder this week. Did you, Brain?
Hennan: Nah, I was busy this week. Out on the boat. Just busy.

Vylash

saying someone was carried through a match is a tactic that marks like to use to justify liking a match while still not giving proper credit to both participants

tumblr_nslg5sWEip1qzucdqo1_500.gif

We talking old GNR or new GNR? Because if it's the former, the fans were heavier than Axl back then, and if it's the latter, the people who still are fans are about the same weight now

At least IRS was one of the last to fall. #BringBackIRS

What if Bray's next gimmick is IRS 2?

Ithil

I was specifically referring to klonere's post, for the record. And here's the thing: I don't entirely disagree with you, but I'm sure you can see how it's kinda fucked up to go into full on WrassleGAF mode (best thing I can think of, if I can't call it gimmick posting) when someone who isn't a member of the community and isn't attuned to the way things work around here comes in and asks a simple question. Hell, I'd have reacted the same way shao did were it me in his shoes.

And look, I know how WrassleGAF is. I've been posting in here since 2010, long before a lot of the current crop of WrassleGAF posters even joined GAF. Back when, yes, threads struggled to break 5,000 posts, but things just felt...better back then, at least to me. Before the personalities took over and everyone decided they wanted to pretend to be wrestlers and cut promos on one another. And for a while when we wanted to cut loose we had Midnight WrassleGAF, but that didn't last too terribly long before Kev cracked down on us (probably deservedly so). Things were just more enjoyable for me, personally, back then.

I don't know. I don't like WrassleGAF that much anymore, and haven't for a while now. And I've made no secret of that the few times I've brought it up. But at the same time, eh, there's nothing to be done about it. At this point I feel like an old man yelling at clouds. Everyone else seems to be fine with it, I guess, so clearly I'm the one in the wrong here. I sure do miss the old days, though.

That weird "I'm gonna play a character and cut promos" thing isn't exclusive to here, I've seen it in a lot of wrestling discussion places. It's especially bad here, but it seems like a lot of wrestling fans can't help themselves and want to play wrestler even posting on forums

You realize that Nash himself made a quad joke in 2015 by pretending to hurt said muscle during a Wrestlemania match which he participated in as a 55 year-old man in 2015, a match that bumped the tag team title match, featuring talent like Cesaro and New Day, along with the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royale to the pre-show?

I'm just saying, maybe Kevin Nash is actually a better wrestler than Sting, but that's not saying much. He is, at the very least, four months younger. Sure, his nickname on the Usenet group rec.sport.pro-wrestling back when he was popular and only in his 40s was "Big Lazy", but look at the first verb: "Big". Kevin Nash is big. Like, only an inch or two shorter than The Great Khali. Nobody can argue with that. He was even big during his angle with CM Punk that he received for his 50th birthday.

Wait wait wait. KEVIN NASH got the Andre The Giant Battle Royal bumped to the preshow? Lol. Is that the story you're going to run with?

Savitar

You want to know something?

You are not wrong.

And a mod or two has stepped in on this before, probably won't be long before they do so again. The whole gimmick thing with posters pretending to shot and all. Yeah it gets old. If the community gets banned one day and it's not for some one going nutty as hell it will probably be due to the whole gimmicky posting.

Wait wait wait. KEVIN NASH got the Andre The Giant Battle Royal bumped to the preshow? Lol. Is that the story you're going to run with?

That battle royal never had a chance of being any higher than the opening match if it wasn't on the preshow, and even that was slim. That said, Show winning something to open Mania would have been hilarious and I'm sad that crowd didn't get it

No, the match was terrible, and he was in it. In 2015. And it was on the show and two better matches weren't because of it.

The Monday Night Wars were enabled by Nash: not because of the nWo, but because Diesel as WWF champ was so terrible that it made WWF a weak enough product that people would actually consider watching WCW.

No, the match was terrible, and he was in it. In 2015. And it was on the show and two better matches weren't because of it.

The Monday Night Wars were enabled by Nash: not because of the nWo, but because Diesel as WWF champ was so terrible that it made WWF a weak enough product that people would actually consider watching WCW.

"In it" as in did a run in? Are you trying to say that Kevin Nash was responsible for Sting vs HHH, therefore making him responsible for your favs being on the pre-show? Also, that match was match of the night by a long shot at WM.

Shits disgusting. Bucks deserves universal approval over old man Nash.

Bucks are stupid workers with terrible looks. Kevin Nash was big, sexy, and wrestled with intelligence and psychology that worked for a man his size. By any definition that isn't "movez", Kevin Nash was a better wrestler than either Young Buck. Better look, better psychology, much more money.

RP912

Banned
Bucks are stupid workers with terrible looks. Kevin Nash was big, sexy, and wrestled with intelligence and psychology that worked for a man his size. By any definition that isn't "movez", Kevin Nash was a better wrestler than either Young Buck. Better look, better psychology, much more money.

Nash was also the lowest draw out of the main eventers in the WWE, while the bucks got indie promotions going broke to headline them.

Nash was also the lowest draw out of the main eventers in the WWE, while the bucks got indie promotions going broke to headline them.

They're both great with money. In 2015, Nash was able to get paid to fake a knee injury in a 10-second run-in on a company's biggest PPV, while the Bucks got $50 easy bucks to kick a fan in the face.

I know Sting vs. Triple H is the most rewatched match from Mania 31, but I think it will become the most rewatched Mania match of all time.

RP912

Banned
They're both great with money. In 2015, Nash was able to get paid to fake a knee injury in a 10-second run-in on a company's biggest PPV, while the Bucks got $50 easy bucks to kick a fan in the face.

At the end of the day, it's all about the carny code.

I'd rather be the lowest draw in the biggest company ever than be dudes who can put tiny indies out of business by paying them and not drawing enough to make up the difference.

You know who else were bad draws as WWE Champion? Eddie Guerrero, CM Punk, Chris Benoit, Undertaker, HBK, and Bret Hart. I guess they all suck, too.

RP912

Banned
I'd rather be the lowest draw in the biggest company ever than be dudes who can put tiny indies out of business by paying them and not drawing enough to make up the difference.

You know who else were bad draws as WWE Champion? Eddie Guerrero, CM Punk, Chris Benoit, Undertaker, HBK, and Bret Hart. I guess they all suck, too.

Of course they don't suck, but even out of Nash mouth...he didn't care for that period at all. Why settle for less when you can have promotions screaming for your presence.

Carnby

For any of my favorite wrestlers, I can cite numerous significant and unique spots in classic matches they had thorough out their career. If you asked me to, none of my answers would be "the time he leap frogged or jumped over the ropes." Come on. If that's the best anyone can think of for Nash then I rest my case.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hang on, who here is pretending to be a wrestler? Besides BronsonLee saying *big boot*

RP912

Banned
Watching the G1 Climax 22. Bullet Club really did wonders to Karl because dude was meh as fuck during those days.

If you think Bret vs Diesel at Royal Rumble and Survivor Series 1995 aren't passable, then you're a sack of shit. Or Diesel vs HBK no dq in 1996. Or Outsiders vs Harlem Heat, Outsiders vs Luger/Sting, Outsiders vs Faces of Fear...Nash was solid as fuck between 1994-mid 1997 and anyone who thinks otherwise is clearly on that smark juice, because you can't even deny it when you watch him during that time. Dude doing fucking topes and leap frogs and shit.

Carnby the kind of guy to make quad jokes in 2015.
Thanks for the recommendations, I've asked for good Nash matches in the past and never had a response, keen to see what the fuss was about back in the day.

A Follow Up to that Lucha Libre PS3 game that I bought.

51yVLPUMPqL.jpg

It's Not Good. It's not good at all.
I rather play a AKI/Yukes Game. The game is really stiff. Everything feels like your playing in slow motion.

What a absolute shame.Back to the Store with you!

I just wanna play as La Parka :( Games can't even do that right.

RP912

Banned
Lucha Libre was really a garbage game. I remember rushing through the game just to return it to gamefly the same day. Worst gaming session I ever had.

KingBroly

Banned
If you think Bret vs Diesel at Royal Rumble and Survivor Series 1995 aren't passable, then you're a sack of shit. Or Diesel vs HBK no dq in 1996. Or Outsiders vs Harlem Heat, Outsiders vs Luger/Sting, Outsiders vs Faces of Fear...Nash was solid as fuck between 1994-mid 1997 and anyone who thinks otherwise is clearly on that smark juice, because you can't even deny it when you watch him during that time. Dude doing fucking topes and leap frogs and shit.

Carnby the kind of guy to make quad jokes in 2015.

The 1995 Survivor Series was the first live wrestling event I ever went too. It was an awesome show, and still is. Phantom Undertaker, Bret-Diesel, the Wild Card Match. Not to mention the Smoking Guns getting booed out of the building as faces against Public Enemy. Not smart introducing a team from Texas in Washington, D.C. during football season.

Anth0ny

speaking of nash, I've been listening to lapsed fan podcast lately and their nash impersonation had me fucking cracking up at the gym.

"it's just entertainment, man. it's show business."

i7xDyA9.jpg

dude is scum. but he makes me laugh.

Lucha Libre was really a garbage game. I remember rushing through the game just to return it to gamefly the same day. Worst gaming session I ever had.

Everything felt too stiff for my liking of a wrestling game.

I'm gonna cleanse myself and play some no mercy.

TheFuzz

I've had a couple Lagunitas', but Bret/Diesel SS is a solid damn match. Nash knew his limitations and Bret did as well. Great match.

Hang on, who here is pretending to be a wrestler? Besides BronsonLee saying *big boot*

PRETENDING?! Brother, I AM a wrestler. I wrestle my innermost demons every single day of my life. I wrestle the urge not to put all you marks in your damn places. I wrestle my pillows and wrestle buddies.

So don't go tellin' me I'm pretending being someone who pretends to be a wrestler in a fake sport. Okay?

Top Bottom