• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

Holy shit, Nash/Booker on commentary for that one night or so was amazing. Comedic gold. Also look down Nash's paparazzi productions stuff with TNA.

Nash in general put in a lot more work in TNA than he did the last 2 1/2 years of WCW. I also enjoyed his return to WWE in 2002-2003. There is a Rock/Nash match from Smackdown that is on the Network that has him with his working boots on.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yall ready for the Guitar Hero and Rock Band revivals to have a shorter lifespan than John Cena's monster of the week?

Holy shit, Nash/Booker on commentary for that one night or so was amazing. Comedic gold. Also look down Nash's paparazzi productions stuff with TNA.

I'll definitely need to find Nash/Booker on commentary although a cursory YouTube search shows nothing. I've seen some of his paparazzi productions stuff before and it is genius as expected.

Yall ready for the Guitar Hero and Rock Band revivals to have a shorter lifespan than John Cena's monster of the week?

you're god damn right I'm ready

Nash in general put in a lot more work in TNA than he did the last 2 1/2 years of WCW. I also enjoyed his return to WWE in 2002-2003. There is a Rock/Nash match from Smackdown that is on the Network that has him will his working boots on.

Definitely. He seemed to just be having fun in TNA. Especially since he had maybe like.. 2 matches back then..? Genuinely funny guy. He also gave us Black Machismo

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Hah, Rey said Scott Steiner was one of his heroes growing up. And he started doing frankensteiners because of Scott Steiner, not because of lucha libre.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I've said this before and I'll say it again. I want TNA to go out of business and I want WWE to buy them, even if they have to slightly overpay.

1. Gives more footage for the network/dvd sales because a lot of their stars did put in time in TNA.

2. I'd love to see all of TNA with good quality video and well organized.

3. I'd love Vince to do it just to keep it out of the hands of Double J because he's still salty about being held up for money from him.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. I want TNA to go out of business and I want WWE to buy them, even if they have to slightly overpay.

1. Gives more footage for the network/dvd sales because a lot of their stars did put in time in TNA.

2. I'd love to see all of TNA with good quality video and well organized.

3. I'd love Vince to do it just to keep it out of the hands of Double J because he's still salty about being held up for money from him.

You also get what is essentially ten or so years of Sting's career that doesn't exist in WWE canon.

Definitely. He seemed to just be having fun in TNA. Especially since he had maybe like.. 2 matches back then..? Genuinely funny guy. He also gave us Black Machismo

He has a shockingly good match with Double J. The one that has guitars banned, so Jeff uses a cello lol. It's so much better than anything they did together in WCW. And his match with Sabin. And Joe. Nash's TNA run was probably better than any ex-WWE/ECW/WCW guy besides Christian, Sting, and Angle. Which is crazy, because TNA has always been the land where former stars coast to get a pay check. Yet Nash actually put in the effort there. TNA, of all places.

Carnby

Kevin Nash isn't a wrestler, he's a business man.

Winner winner.

Taco, you can piss and moan all night about some imaginary rose tinted glasses and Nash being considered great. But it ain't true. It ain't happening. Neh eh! So replace the letter N with T and R, and you got your new reality. I'll see you in Trashvember.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
We're already balls deep into Big Sexytember. Nashtober and Nashvember will be great as well. Nashcember will be the full celebration of the year.

Winner winner.

Taco, you can piss and moan all night about some imaginary rose tinted glasses and Nash being considered great. But it ain't true. It ain't happening. Neh eh! So replace the letter N with T and R, and you got your new reality. I'll see you in Trashvember.

You're a really hard man to respect. You seem very angry, bitter, and hateful.

RP912

Banned
I'm turning heel

Octagontober

jSzJnWi.gif

I'm still pissed that Stingtember never happened.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Stang is getting a world title shot in Stangtember. It's happening right now. It's just above us, in the rafters. Possibly making out with the Seth Rollins statue that mostly resembles HHH.

PInk Tape

Banned
Did they ever give a reason why The Authority wanted Seth Rollins at all? Or why they hate Cena?

If I remember correctly it was because he was the architect of the Shield but as for specifics, they didn't (as far as I remember lol). (Going into Fanfic mode a little bit here) I guess they were impressed with how successful the group was and that he was smart enough to pick the people most suited for those certain positions . As for the Cena hate... Idk maybe they hate/are against anime or something?

Yep. the greatest night in our business

#ThankYouSteiner *clap* *clap* *clapclapclap*

If I remember correctly it was because he was the architect of the Shield but as for specifics, they didn't. (Going into Fanfic mode a little bit here) I guess they were impressed with how successful the group was and that he was smart enough to pick the best people for the group. As for the Cena hate... Idk maybe they hate/are against anime or something?

I can buy that but I don't get why they've stuck with him since he's mostly if not completely incompetent. In retrospect they should have gone with Reigns and done the obvious Batista build.

Guys, these were my Wrestlemania 31 predictions. I was way off.

1. Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Roman Reigns - Brock
2. Sting vs. Triple H - Sting
3. André the Giant Memorial Battle Royal - Damien Mizdow
4. Bad News Barrett (c) vs. R-Truth vs. Dean Ambrose vs. Luke Harper vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Stardust vs. Daniel Bryan - Ambrose
5. Rusev (c) vs. John Cena - Cena
6. AJ Lee and Paige vs. The Bella Twins - LOL
7. The Undertaker vs. Bray Wyatt - Wyatt
8. Randy Orton vs. Seth Rollins - Rollins

I'm a bad rassleman.

PInk Tape

Banned
I can buy that but I don't get why they've stuck with him since he's mostly if not completely incompetent. In retrospect they should have gone with Reigns and done the obvious Batista build.

They don't want to abandon a project they've put so much time and effort into, I guess. Reigns would have been an interesting choice for sure.

They don't want to abandon a project they've put so much time and effort into, I guess. Reigns would have been an interesting choice for sure.

You know what, that makes a lot of sense. H was desperate to break up the Shield and took the lowest one he could find, doesn't want to look bad having backed the wrong horse. I'm down with it.

PInk Tape

Banned
I wonder... Would Wrasslegaf be down with a Reignstista character? Would something like that win you over, if you aren't stanning him already?

Did they ever give a reason why The Authority wanted Seth Rollins at all? Or why they hate Cena?

I'm pretty sure what Cena said this past Raw - that Rollins, despite being "DA ARCHITECT", was the only one stupid, egotistical, and short-sighted enough to drink The Authority's Kool-Aid - is the reason. The Authority's whole thing is a desire to control who has the belt so as to direct business in the way they want, and Rollins was a young, marketable-looking guy who was amoral enough to be okay with cheating and conniving to achieve that end. Dean and Roman are both too proud and too driven to be okay with having titles and honors handed to them, whereas Rollins just wants to be validated, even if it's for bullshit. Triple H was a heel champion who didn't mind using his friends to hold onto the title, so he respects Rollins being a cheating paper champion.

I think they hate Cena because Cena is so successful and so "good for business" but refuses to be controlled by them or play by their rules. He also has no fear of disrespecting them.

What the hell guys?

7csX2.gif

I thought next month was David Otungber

I wonder... Would Wrasslegaf be down with a Reignstista character? Would something like that win you over, if you aren't stanning him already?

What about Rasta Reigns?

they won't because of those bulling PSAs

The least they should do is get him out of that fucking vest and shield shit

Shield is dead Reigns

everyone else moved on.

Change the theme. Stop walking in through the crowd. Appear on the ramp and punch the ground BOOM pyro. Wear a glove like Diesel so you can sell gloves to fans and you can high five people who wear the glove like Nash did. #Money

Today, on "Quack is an ass":

Fenix cursed during Team AAA's KOT match tonight. At intermission everybody but Fenix was selling merch (he had it out temporarily but removed it and looked pissed about doing so). Fans recognized what was going on and started chanting what he said in protest/solidarity, and were kicked out for doing so

COLxvtlVAAAZiCn.jpg

Literal timeout

Fox318

What the hell guys?

7csX2.gif

I thought next month was David Otungber

What about Rasta Reigns?

Change the theme. Stop walking in through the crowd. Appear on the ramp and punch the ground BOOM pyro. Wear a glove like Diesel so you can sell gloves to fans and you can high five people who wear the glove like Nash did. #Money
they are saving that stuff for Corbin

I can't wait to get a wolfpack corbin glove

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Fenix cursed during Team AAA's KOT match tonight. At intermission everybody but Fenix was selling merch (he had it out temporarily but removed it and looked pissed about doing so). Fans recognized what was going on and started chanting what he said in protest/solidarity, and were kicked out for doing so

COLxvtlVAAAZiCn.jpg

Literal timeout

Piss off the most popular up and coming babyface in Mexico, Quack. Do that.

Kevin Owens ‏@FightOwensFight 3h3 hours ago
Me and Fenix, friends.

Matt Morgan is a big wrestler who can do lots of moves and do them mostly well. Nobody knows who the fuck Matt Morgan is because he has no aura because he can't tell a story. He goes for all the spots he can hit that don't look good and even if they did look good, they devalued his size.

Nash talked about the best match he ever saw was Haystacks Calhoun fighting some smaller guy and the smaller guy worked his ass off while the big guy just kept coming because he was the unstoppable force and it meant the smaller guy had to work harder. It made the giant feel bigger and the smaller guy come off even more as someone you wanted to cheer because he was working his ass off to win.

And this is also why Big Show never took off. Never looked strong, never looked big, could never tell a story. Everyone under the sun wanted him to be the next Andre and no one, especially Big Show, understood what that entails.

Literal timeout

The battle for Carny of the Year is going to be really intense.

I think we are going to need more than one award.

Top Bottom