• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

Gonzalez

Banned
Today, on "Quack is an ass":

Fenix cursed during Team AAA's KOT match tonight. At intermission everybody but Fenix was selling merch (he had it out temporarily but removed it and looked pissed about doing so). Fans recognized what was going on and started chanting what he said in protest/solidarity, and were kicked out for doing so

COLxvtlVAAAZiCn.jpg

Literal timeout
Does this confirm that Quack is a Mod?

Reigns is treading water now but he's OK, I think a heel turn is probably necessary as far as just being a band aid situation they need to pull off quicker just to get it over with. It'll make his face run even stronger anyways.

Fox318

Wait a no cursing policy at a show that no kids attend?

Plus doing all of that promotion for a show that's sold out and no IPPV streaming at a venue that's way to small

what

Fox318

Chikara seems like its one of those businesses run by idiots that are convinced they are ahead of the curve by not growing.

Reigns is treading water now but he's OK, I think a heel turn is probably necessary as far as just being a band aid situation they need to pull off quicker just to get it over with. It'll make his face run even stronger anyways.

Being a heel would also help him more to improve his wrestling, since he will have more offense time.

Fox318

Wrestling in a gymnasium. Smell the buys.

On Observer radio I heard one of them say something like

"Well we find that most of our consumers are behind the times. I still buy CDs at the store for my music"

Meanwhile all guys like Chris Hero have said is that the event sold out in minutes.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Think about how much those guys, especially the AAA guys, probably make off their merch. Then to be told you can't sell your merch because you said a naughty word. Keep in mind Fenix is a guy in AAA that, in spite of their insane booking, are insanely behind and is kind of the top up and coming guy in AAA and potentially in Mexico. Especially after they had all that success in PWG.

I can not imagine AAA guys ever wanting to work with Quack after that shit. Not for a few years.

You guys should ask Bronson about his time in Chikara. Sure he has some stories.

Chikara was really good in 2012-2013. Then they killed it and it was never the same.

Mysterious and handsome stranger storyline was amazing

He apparently did it at yesterday's show and had been warned. Still, at your biggest show of the year, pulling that shit punishment on one of the biggest draws is ridiculous. I know you give a shit about your family friendly stuff (which is laughable considering the person Quack is) but if it's that big a deal, just make his team lose.

And that Owens tweet Data posted is pretty damning considering Owens was literally blackballed for a while from the company for cursing. This is Quack, he's absolutely petty enough to do the same to Fenix, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if tomorrow's the last time you see him in Chikara

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
He apparently did it at yesterday's show and had been warned. Still, at your biggest show of the year, pulling that shit punishment on one of the biggest draws is ridiculous. I know you give a shit about your family friendly stuff (which is laughable considering the person Quack is) but if it's that big a deal, just make his team lose.

And that Owens tweet Data posted is pretty damning considering Owens was literally blackballed for a while from the company for cursing. This is Quack, he's absolutely petty enough to do the same to Fenix, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if tomorrow's the last time you see him in Chikara

Like I said, those lucha guys rely on their merch heavily. That's their livelihood for these indie shows. You won't see Fenix at Chikara ever again and you probably won't see Pentagon or Drago either since those dudes are brothers/bffs. I'm sure Quack will put it out as 'Fenix screwed the fans' or some shit though not as 'I took away half the reason this guy did this stupid show'

When Nash wanted to go, he could go. Don't let the last few years of WCW fool you. I would argue he was the best big man in the US between 1994 (after the decline of Vader) and early-mid 1997. Maybe even longer than that, because Vader was just not good after 1994, and Taker wasn't shit in the ring until 1998 if you're generous, 2001-2002 if you know what's up. He gave up after a while in WCW because he didn't have to try to get paid, but once in a while he'd still have some flashes. I enjoy both matches with Goldberg (Starrcade 1998, Spring Stampede 1999), and he had a couple of really good matches with Booker towards the end. It was in WCW's HIAC and was full on "I'm putting this dude over as hard as possible" mode for Nash. He and DDP had a pretty good tag match against the NBT somewhere around that time as well.

Awesome, thanks for the heads up. I'm a big Booker T fan so I'll make sure to watch their matches!

Sounds like his TNA run was FnP too, I'll have to track that down.

Awesome, thanks for the heads up. I'm a big Booker T fan so I'll make sure to watch their matches!

Sounds like his TNA run was FnP too, I'll have to track that down.

If you're a Booker fan, then I assume you've watched his Best of series with Benoit..? Probably some of the best television matches you'll see.

Fox318

I think I'm confusing chikara with PWG again with the quotes from Wrestling Observer Radio.

Still if you can run larger Venues I have no idea why these guys don't if they brag about selling out so quickly.

I still can't believe an organization giving a time out to an adult like that with how he makes a living.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
yall want to talk about 'insular' you need to go to one of those mafia threads and figure out what the fuck people are talking about.

Didn't Tna use a ton of licenced music?

WWE ain't paying for anything

Last thing WWE paid for entrance music-wise was Cult of Personality, which ended the second Punk left.

Last thing TNA paid for entrance music-wise was Doll Parts, a Hole song they've used this year for the Dollhouse Knockouts team

Top Bottom