• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

KingBroly

Banned
I thought the problem with Bryan now was that he has/had a concussion, got cleared by NFL doctors (lol), but WWE won't clear him.

sashabanks1.png

So I just caught up with takeover Brooklyn
And Jesus bayley and Sasha put on a show.

I'm praying and hoping they don't fuck up Sasha on raw but man the past doesn't leave me hopeful.

I wanted to buy a Sasha shirt but it's not really my style has anyone bought one of the prints before?
what's the quality like I'm eyeing this one
http://shop.wwe.com/Sasha-Banks-11-x-14-Art-Print/W09024,default,pd.html

Fox318

Why is Eva Marie being pushed so hard? She's not a good wrestler, that I know, but is she charismatic or something?\
3c1UAhM.gif

She's not being pushed hard. She's had 3 matches in NXT. She's getting extra attention because she's part of Total Divas and all of this stuff will be part of the show. She's also put in a lot of work and clearly improved a lot, even if she's not particularly good still. It's mostly just online fans being hateful assholes make it seem like she's getting a much bigger push than she is.
Observer:
Current plans have WWE NXT Women's Champion Bayley feuding with Dana Brooke and then Eva Marie.
WWE officials really want to validate Eva Marie right now by making her NXT Women's Champion. The idea is that they can tell the story of Eva proving her critics wrong through hard work.
This is just speculation but it looks like Bayley vs. Brooke could kick off at the September 10th NXT TV tapings from Full Sail University with a possible match at the October 7th Takeover event. Eva could start feuding with Bayley at the next set of tapings with a possible match at the NXT "Takeover: London" event in December. A three-way feud to carry them through December is possible also.
I actually feel sorry for her. She got put on TV with no training and at least she is trying unlike say cameron

https://youtu.be/yPqA2K2skWU?t=24
Adam Rose sucks.
VBO787q.gif

Shades of AA

Hey Fox, did you know Cesaro was my pro wrestling trainer?

He was a total jerk. He did such cruel things like teach me how to bump without killing myself, post on body slams, take back body drops without dying, and then
run me over in my own car! AFTER he threw me through a plate glass window!

You should have signed up for the John Cena gym.

I mean in a shoot fight nothing is more dangerous than that springboard stunner.

Mahonay

Banned
I've just got back into wrestling, so things are weird right now.

1- Do people actually don't like Daniel Bryan? Why?

2- Do people really act as if KO is shit just because he's fat?

3- Wasn't Adam Rose a party boy? What happened?

4- Why is Eva Marie being pushed so hard? She's not a good wrestler, that I know, but is she charismatic or something?

5- Lucha Underground is awesome, just, AWESOME. I heard the ratings were ok, so there might be a season 2, is there any sort of confirmation regarding season 2?
1- There are wrestling fans that go against the grain of anything that gets really popular. Daniel Bryan wasn't an exception to this, which is fine. Also people don't want to see him full-time wrestle again because they're afraid of the long term damage it'll do to him with the injuries he's already sustained. Nobody wants to see him in wheel chair.

2- No one acts like KO is shit. Most people really enjoy KO. He looks different than other Vince McMahon bodybuilder archetypes so his weight is a hard thing not to talk about.

3- Adam Rose's storyline was dog shit and he's been shelved to House Shows and Main Event shows for now.

4- WWE is VERY proud of their Total Divas show on E!, which Eva Marie is on. Also they've kept her employed for sometime now even while she had literally no wrestling ability until now. They like her look and presence. She can at least now appear like she's finally learning to do things in the ring which is an improvement. Also I wouldn't say she's getting pushed hard yet.

5- Season 2 of LU is having problems getting funded.

Oersted

There is something to be said about that the best movies with some Wrasslin in it (in like forever) are comedies and women-led.

Savitar

Paige and Roman were at Wizards World. Here is an account on Paiges.

When I got up there, she gave me a hug. She was really sweet and seemed genuinely happy to be there ... There were a lot of kids, too. When walking the con floor, it was easy to tell who was a wrestling fan and who was there for the other con stuff.

Most of the questions at the Q&A were standard, like Why did you start wrestling? Who did you look up to as a kid? etc, but here's some different ones. They didn';t let you take videos.

She wants to get put through a table before she retires. ... She sounded really enthusiastic about this, so I hope it happens.
She prefers playing a heel over a face, because "being the bad guy is so much more fun."
If there's a divas tag division, she wants to tag with Bayley, Emma, Sasha, or AJ as partners.
She put over Sasha as the person she thinks will stand out the most in the Divas Revolution.
Working with AJ was really fun. They're still good friends and text.
She really loved working with Summer Rae in NXT; "she's a perfect bitchy heel." Her feud with Summer there is one of her favorites.
She told a story recalling the night she wrestled in a rosebud costume on RAW. "It was live. I had to run down the hallway in that towel, totally naked underneath, then change into the costume, and Vince was yelling at the producers and cameramen like, 'If that towel falls down, you're all fired!'"
She owns her own action figure. She still thinks it's surreal that she has merch.
She thinks Emma is super underrated, says she's much better than "that stupid dancing gimmick," and wants people to trend #GiveEmmaAChance.
Tough Enough was fun, she looks forward to seeing Sara Lee in a year or so. She doesn't know what the current plans are for the show going forward ... She's glad Josh won.
Advice for becoming a wrestler: save your money, work hard, be patient, humble, and hungry.
The host for her Q&A let us know that the VIP tickets for Paige sold the most for the celebrities at the event, so we cheered. Paige outdraws Reigns? lol

Overall, it was an awesome day.

Edit: I remembered a couple other questions.A fan said they should do an all-diva Pay-per-view, and she said that was a great idea, and the girls would love to do it. Also, she thinks Charlotte will beat Nikki at Night of Champs.

Also:

[–]TheDarkPlight 37 points 9 hours ago

Just got back from Wizard World and I also attended the Q&A on a whim. Mostly just wanted to sit down for a while, but I like Paige so it was a plus. Funniest/worst part to me was how she mentioned all the creeper fans she gets commenting on her social media and how they act around her in public. VERY next question this poor bastard goes up and says "Hi, Paige. Did you like the rose I gave you?" ...cringe-worthy.

I want to say that last one was trolling her.........but I've been to a con where a person asked Richard Dean Anderson if he'd be a good father if one of the other cast was in the role of his son. She had read a fanfiction that said no. This upset her.....so naturally she had to ask.

Awkward as fuck.

Caderfix

Thank you for the answers, guys.

I'm glad the KO thing is mostly some people trying to annoy his fans, because, honestly, seeing a guy like him is pretty refreshing, and he's probably my favorite right now. Good in ring and with a microphone.

JavyOO7

I want to review one of the WCW Fall Brawls. Which year should I do?

1995!

I want to see Bayley feud with Alexa Bliss.

The rants that Bliss, Emma, Brooke could do with Bayley would be great. Would work well since Bayley would be such an underdog, even as champion. I'd put Eva Marie there too if she could wrestle good. But we have to wait another year or two for that (if Eva constantly trains, which I hope she does).

So, (wrassle)GAF, am I the only one who thinks its weird a mod stepped into to make sure people weren't making fattie jokes about Kevin Owens, yet its totally cool to make the same jokes about Roman and Corbin on the reg?

So, (wrassle)GAF, am I the only one who thinks its weird a mod stepped into to make sure people weren't making fattie jokes about Kevin Owens, yet its totally cool to make the same jokes about Roman and Corbin on the reg?

The complaint was the rate that it was happening, which was basically a fat joke or two per page. One or two every 10-20 pages isn't awful, and it's about the average joke rate that we make fun of anything else, so I think it's safely fair game a this point.

It's cool to make the same jokes about Roman and Corbin because those two have no excuses.

I've just got back into wrestling, so things are weird right now.

Do people actually don't like Daniel Bryan? Why?

More like we dislike the fan culture around him and the man's frustrating inability to protect himself in the ring

Do people really act as if KO is shit just because he's fat?

His look is TERRIBLE. One of the worst I've seen in a moderate position wrestler. He also has a habit of spamming alot of movez

Wasn't Adam Rose a party boy? What happened?

He sucks ass?

Why is Eva Marie being pushed so hard? She's not a good wrestler, that I know, but is she charismatic or something?

She's pretty. That's about it.

Lucha Underground is awesome, just, AWESOME. I heard the ratings were ok, so there might be a season 2, is there any sort of confirmation regarding season 2?

nothing official yet

Mahonay

Banned
His look is TERRIBLE. One of the worst I've seen in a moderate position wrestler. He also has a habit of spamming alot of movez
I've always been partial to Kevin's fat schoolyard bully look.

EDIT: I'll take his overall look over John Cena or Roman Reigns. Fan of Cena but I will forever hate his completely awful shirts and arm bands.

Having just watched the Harashima/Tanahashi match the post match trolling from Tanahashi made it even better. Would like to see them draw this story out and maybe have Tana beat more DDT guys til Wrestle Kingdom when Ibushi goes over him and restores DDT'S honor.

Ithil

Observer:

WWE officials really want to validate Eva Marie right now by making her NXT Women's Champion. The idea is that they can tell the story of Eva proving her critics wrong through hard work.
Problem appears to be they're doing a storyline that exists in some other reality. Or they want to do a story they might be able to do in two years' time, in three months.

Hex

Banned
Are there really only four matches for NoC tonight?
Either that or WWE really does not even try anymore with their websites.

Mahonay

Banned
Are there really only four matches for NoC tonight?
Either that or WWE really does not even try anymore with their websites.
For their B shows I feel like it's not uncommon for them to not announce most of the other matches until just before the PPV.

Also it's not until the 20th.

Mahonay

Banned
Problem appears to be they're doing a storyline that exists in some other reality. Or they want to do a story they might be able to do in two years' time, in three months.
I want them to do this just so I can see people have complete meltdowns. Worth it just for the entertainment factor. Also the Botchamania episode that is sure to follow.

The thing about Eva, which most of you already know (because it's as plain as day), is that she's not even ready to wrestle on TV (the network, whatever) let alone go over the current champion who just had one of the most thrilling matches I've seen in decades.

The complaint was the rate that it was happening, which was basically a fat joke or two per page. One or two every 10-20 pages isn't awful, and it's about the average joke rate that we make fun of anything else, so I think it's safely fair game a this point.

It's cool to make the same jokes about Roman and Corbin because those two have no excuses.

I dunno, I see that 6 year old picture of Roman (where he was in significantly better shape than KO has ever been or could hope to be) prettttty regularly. Why that is used as an example of Roman being out of shape is odd, since that's a really old pic and he's clearly jacked AND has been seen without his vest on and still was jacked.

Kevin Owens is an inspiration. A shining light against those that body shame. An incredible athlete thats comfortable in his body and has fought against those that have criticised.

Mahonay

Banned
I dunno, I see that 6 year old picture of Roman (where he was in significantly better shape than KO has ever been or could hope to be) prettttty regularly. Why that is used as an example of Roman being out of shape is odd, since that's a really old pic and he's clearly jacked AND has been seen without his vest on and still was jacked.
Roman is a large, athletic, attractive, and all around alpha male type guy who regularly gets pushes directly from Vince himself. People like to tease because it's fun to poke holes in what's being presented as a stereotypical greek god-like wrestling figure.

KO and Roman are not exactly comparable in this situation.

Top Bottom